Stratagem, Series 2 - Parts II3 & II4 up, again.

Nom

Allrighty, here's the start to what I hope to be a fruitful series, written just for TIF. I present to you: Stratagem.

logotc4.jpg

-----------------

Ivan stirred. The first awareness that came to him was of laying facedown, his cheek in contact with a cool, unfamiliar metal surface. His mind was clouded; he could not focus on any single thought, as doing so seemed to be above and beyond what his mind was capable of at that moment. Ivan lay still, trying to bring his befuddled mental state into some sort of coherent alignment. Eventually, it was the metal that woke him fully. The cold bit into him, shaking his consciousness out of its stupor. With his newfound clarity of mind Ivan experienced a rush of panic. He bounded to his feet.

It was semi-dark where Ivan found himself. He appeared to be in a corridor, dimly lit by strips of light in the ceiling. Down the hall a small distance, one of the lights was flickering. The walls and ceiling appeared to be constructed of concrete and metal, with the floor being almost entirely metallic. It gave the place a dark, artificial feel that was not welcoming in the slightest. Ivan could not think why he was there. The place was utterly and ominously unfamiliar to him.

Ivan turned, and with a slight shock found another body lying on the metal floor a few feet away. He warily approached. The body was inert, which did nothing to assuage IvanÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s feelings. He nudged the body. It did not respond. Fearing the worst, Ivan rolled the body onto its back.

Memories came flooding back to Ivan as he looked down at his friend, Kelvin. He knew what they had been doing. But he couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t remember how they had ended up in this unfamiliar place. In a sudden panic, Ivan leaned down next to Kelvin, hoping that he was okay. To his relief, there was nothing visibly wrong with Kelvin, and he was breathing. Ivan stood back up, looking around again. He saw no one else, which worried him. Leaving Kelvin where he was, Ivan started moving down the corridor, looking for some way out. He passed the flickering light strip, seeing nothing. He continued to follow the hallway, looking with mounting desperation for a way out of this depressing place. But there was nothing to be found but cold stone walls, and a metal floor that made an echoing clang with each step he took, and dim light strips that seemed to stretch on endlessly.

And suddenly they ended. The lights stopped, along with the corridor, terminating in a steel door. Ivan studied the door, looking for a way to open it. To his surprise and frustration, there was no handle or latch to be found. Were it not for the hinges, Ivan would have thought that there was no door, only a solid wall. There was no way out in this direction.

Ivan started back. He decided that he would check on Kelvin, and then try the other direction. He passed the flickering light again, and then did a double take. Something had caught his eye, something that he had not noticed before in the erratic lighting. It appeared to be a logo inscribed in the wall. Ivan moved closer, straining his eyes to see. It was a circle, circumscribed around a simple depiction of a bird with wings spread, body twisted slightly. In its claws it held a serpent, which was writhing in its grasp, attempting to bite the birdÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s other leg. The serpentÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s tail appeared to be the circle. Ivan couldnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think of what it meant, nor did he care. It was not a way out.

There was a clang from down the corridor, in the direction of Kelvin. Ivan jumped, startled and frightened. ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅKelvin?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it's Bill Gates points now, huh? :o

Thanks for the comment. ::'

Sometimes BG points, sometimes kittens..

Exchange rate-

1 bg point=2 kittens.

So wait, 6/5 BG points = 12/10 kittens.

Bane of the Good Samaritans - 11/10 kittens.

:shock:

And by the way, I expect this to be realllyyy long. I have no definite end in sight at the moment.

p2gq.jpg

So it's Bill Gates points now, huh? :o

Thanks for the comment. ::'

Sometimes BG points, sometimes kittens..

Exchange rate-

1 bg point=2 kittens.

So wait, 6/5 BG points = 12/10 kittens.

Bane of the Good Samaritans - 11/10 kittens.

:shock:

And by the way, I expect this to be realllyyy long. I have no definite end in sight at the moment.

Good, I love long stories <3:

And yes, I thought this one was slightly better than BOTGS...

You see, if we compare the decimal system to the BG/Kittens system, then 11/10 kittens=5.5/5 BG Points.

Thus, this story is a half of a point better than BOTGS ::'

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Here's the next installment! Yay!

logotc4.jpg

-----------------

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅI donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

p2gq.jpg

Ooooh.. very mysterious...

I couldn't find any faults with it, although it may be hard for other people(i.e the 12 year old RSOF users) to understand what your talking about, with all your colorful vocabulary..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I doubt that 12 year old RSOF users would come to this secluded section of the forums, TBH :wink: .

And I've updated my sig! It's dynamic now, and one of them is a Stratagem promotional. Yay \' .

p2gq.jpg

I doubt that 12 year old RSOF users would come to this secluded section of the forums, TBH :wink: .

And I've updated my sig! It's dynamic now, and one of them is a Stratagem promotional. Yay \' .

Thats what you think...

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

I couldn't find any faults with it, although it may be hard for other people(i.e the 12 year old RSOF users) to understand what your talking about, with all your colorful vocabulary..

I can easily understand the story, thank you very much.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

You're a twelve year old fresh from the RSOF!? :shock:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just pointing out that his language was a bit collegey...

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

You're a twelve year old fresh from the RSOF!? :shock:

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, I was just pointing out that his language was a bit collegey...

Collegey? I definitely wouldn't say that. I have a college textbook for my English class, now that is hard to read.

Anway, I'll probably have an update every day, so check back often. I do have school though.

p2gq.jpg

Definitely think this one is gonna be better than BOTGS. And I thought that was pretty good! ::'

Kinda has a sense of LOST to it, but without the dragging out that accompanies LOST. :wall:

Looking forward to the next installment! I'll be back.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Here we go, Part I3!

logotc4.jpg

-----------------

8 hours ago.

A dusky twilight blanketed the city, the cue for streetlights and signs to be lit, and the night life to begin. This night life was centered around the downtown part, as in most metropolises, and was therefore far removed from the imposing and mysterious structure on the outskirts. This building was low, mostly concrete, with the feel of a bunker. Perhaps contributing to this feel was the high electric fence surrounding the land, keeping interlopers away. The place never seemed to be alive; there were no lights, and a lone guard tower was the only suggestion of life within five miles. Nevertheless, no ne ventured near. There were rumors about this place. Rumors of secret government experiments and conspiracies, conducted out of sight and never confided to the public. It was not nationally known, for to be so would be a compromise of security, but the locals believed it to have some connection to all the crazy rumors about covert government operations that had surfaced over the years: the Roswell crash, Area 51, the Philadelphia experiment. But none of these rumors could be confirmed, for no one had ever gained entry. It could not even be said that no one had returned from attempting it, for no one had dared to try. Such was the legacy of the facility code named Stratagem.

Ivan passed the binoculars to Lyra, satisfied. He had seen all he needed to. He crawled backward on the rooftop until he deemed himself far enough away to stand, which he did. He joined Kelvin, Stephanie, Julian, and Sylvester near the small structure that housed the stairwell to the rooftops.

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅHowÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s it looking?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

p2gq.jpg

ooooooooo a flaskback. *points at post above last installment* Def. LOST-like. This is starting to get really good actually. So I suppose that you're doing 1 a day still? If so, I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

ooooooooo a flaskback. *points at post above last installment* Def. LOST-like. This is starting to get really good actually. So I suppose that you're doing 1 a day still? If so, I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Yerse, I wanted to take elements from LOST.

Yerse, I will try to update once a day at least.

Yerse, of course it's good, it's me.

Yerse, of course that last bit was a joke.

p2gq.jpg

Absolutely amazing. I'm 12, but I have tried to avoid the RSOF. I'm almost 13, finally! I'm smarter than average, I think...It's still an incredible story. It is at least 6.5 felguards, which are 1 felhunter=2 souls (soul-shards, if you are a player or fan of World of Warcraft). In other words, 16/10 or 6.5/5. Whichever one suits you more. WRITE MORE PLEASE!!!!! Heh...heh....haha...

You have no idea how powerful words are....until they hit you in the head.

Absolutely amazing. I'm 12, but I have tried to avoid the RSOF. I'm almost 13, finally! I'm smarter than average, I think...It's still an incredible story. It is at least 6.5 felguards, which are 1 felhunter=2 souls (soul-shards, if you are a player or fan of World of Warcraft). In other words, 16/10 or 6.5/5. Whichever one suits you more. WRITE MORE PLEASE!!!!! Heh...heh....haha...

:roll:

Excelent work, however I do hope you realize that the German=Blond hair, Blue-eyed IS a refrence.. :shock:

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Part I4!

logotc4.jpg

-----------------

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅIÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢m beginning to think that we must be as well,ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

p2gq.jpg

2 pages 8-) .

Thanks for the comments, guys. You have no idea how valuable you are to my plan of conquering the Varrock Library.

Whoops, I've said too much.

p2gq.jpg

Part I5!

logotc4.jpg

-----------------

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅNot safe. Get out.ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

p2gq.jpg