Smithing is obsolete.

JaggedSpike

Am I the only who realizes this skill is now obsolete?

At the normal price of ores, no smith can buy ores, smith those ores without losing most of their money.

Smithing has ultimately become obsolete; you can't smith anymore.

The prices of ores skyrocket, the prices of armour stay the same, yet people get richer and richer.

Darned inflation.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The solution is simple: Mine ore.

Not only does this give you ores to smith, it also manages to lower prices in the World because the demand for ores is less. The less ore buyers, the less expensive the ores are. It's simple economic... but don'y feel bad. Bush can't understand it either :P

~Yondo

only p2pers (like me) sell ores at high prices.

it doesnt take long to find buyers for addy at 800gp each and mith for 400gp each. its

imo, its always better to mine the ore then the coal since coal is so very cheap and that u can get alot more then just buying the ores and mining coal.

anyways, all my buyers are very strong, maybe 90+. maybe there trying to do legends?

get to 99 mining and save all your ores and then smith em and maybe they will get your smithing to 99 also! ^_^

seriously tho, i dont understand why ppl like zezima got smithing to 99 first.. when they just needed to get mining to 99 anyways......

meleevsarcher.gif

136 Combat, 2290+ Skill Total

get to 99 mining and save all your ores and then smith em and maybe they will get your smithing to 99 also! ^_^

seriously tho, i dont understand why ppl like zezima got smithing to 99 first.. when they just needed to get mining to 99 anyways......

You don't need 99 mining to be 99 smtihing. 85 works just as good. :D

Guest Cody116

To tell the truth..you don't even have to do that. If you already have a high smithing lvl like 55 or so...just stand around and ask ppl if you can smith for them...in most occasions they will say yes and you will have quick lvl ups.

Guest Hosan

Okay then, I'm gonna easily disprove your theory.

5 addy ores costs 3500 gold.

30 coal costs 4500 gold.

4500+3500=8000.

Smelt 5 addy bars and smith an addy plate.

Sell addy plate for 2000 gold.

2k profit, and a good bit of exp.

smithing rune plates is very profitable if u have 98 or 99 smithing because the price of ore is what 15k each so that means that ur making 60k worth or something and selling it for 80k so how can u say ur not making a profit

w4M8t.png

smithing rune plates is very profitable if u have 98 or 99 smithing because the price of ore is what 15k each so that means that ur making 60k worth or something and selling it for 80k so how can u say ur not making a profit

Rune plate exists of 5 rune bars, 15K * 5 = 75K, and selling for 80K will take a while.

To all people who say make addy plates and sell on the market: You won't be able to sell 10000 addy plates on the market quickly... And you'll even need a lot more than that for 99 smithing.

Selling the items you make on the market is not an option if you want to reach high smithing, besides that it is very inefficient.

You're obsolete.

lol

Nice spam :roll:

smithing is easy, especially with that new smith 10 thing :D

but smelting, its still as boring as rsc

yeh, also, (if you dont wear anything while smelting) you get 2 less inventory spaces :(