Kaida23's Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero!

Awesome leveling achievements!

A hint: when doing the boss, always use offensive prayers. Notably, the +15% attack/strength ones. Helps speed up boss fights by quite a bit. :thumbup:

Oh, and when I meet a random like Mime or Certers on a foreign world I just switch back to an English server.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

Awesome leveling achievements!

High praise from the man himself. <3:

A hint: when doing the boss, always use offensive prayers. Notably, the +15% attack/strength ones. Helps speed up boss fights by quite a bit. :thumbup:

Honestly, that had never occurred to me. I've always been using the defensive prayers on bosses. I'll have to give that a try next time.

Oh, and when I meet a random like Mime or Certers on a foreign world I just switch back to an English server.

Now why didn't I think of that? :wall:

Thanks for the pro tips, Sonic. :thumbsup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Well, since you asked so nicely... ;-)

BEHOLD THE AWESOMENESS THAT IS LAST NIGHTS LEVELS!!!

[spoiler=Crafting Level 53] craft53.pngcraft53a.png

[spoiler=Defence Level 53]def53.png

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 42 and Total 970]dunglevel42.png

Total level 970! Woot! One step closer to 1000. :-D

I can't remember the last time I gained so many combat levels in such a short time (or any combat levels for that matter). I'm also getting better with the floors, and have my average time for a C6 small down under 30 minutes. I know I should probably be able to do them faster, but I'm still trying to get as much xp per floor as I can so I can open up as many new floors as possible before I reset. I'm also spending time at the end to gain Crafting xp, so I'm sure that's slowing me down by a few minutes.

The new Fremennik Sagas look great, and I'm really happy that they released at least part of it for F2P. :thumbsup: Of course, I'd be happier about it if I hadn't finished the Frozen floors two days before. :wall: Oh well, I'll just wait until I have to reset again and then do them. Hopefully they'll have ironed out the bugs by then. It's too bad you can only get each reward once (which I suppose makes sense), but it will give me enough xp to level up Ranged without doing anything so that's pretty cool.

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A c6 small under 30 minutes eh. You'll definitely improve in the future, my average times for c6 small are about 5-10 minutes XD

Also, just do a c2 dung for the guy that gives you Fremennik sagas to appear.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

Happy Sunday everybody! :^_^:

In today's update, I will tell you about the most interesting man in Gielinor. That's right! I've been to the duel arena and met Estocada.

[spoiler=Stay victorious my friends.]estocada.png

estocada2.png

He seems a decent fellow, I'd hate to die. :lol:

I also got a boss looking dueling hat, and with my girlfriend's help upgraded it to tier 2. :thumbsup:

[spoiler=Dig the hawtness.]duelistteir2.png

My gf logged in with Lookoutrock on her laptop (you all remember Lookoutrock, the scout from my first Runite expedition waaaaaaaaay back on page 1, don't you?) and then proceeded to let me beat her senseless while we watched the new episode of Dr. Who. We love Dr. Who, but hate the fact that we're a week behind here in Canada. :wall: I envy all of you in the UK who get it before us. Anyway, she accepted the duels and I rolled up the kill count. I'm now half-way to tier 3 with a kill count of 50. Not bad for less than an hour. I'm going to keep slowly working on this off and on when I can and eventually upgrade my hat to tier 6 with it's epic emote. <3:

Hmm...I'm starting to think I might be setting too many goals for myself here. :-k Oh well, lots of different activities will keep me from burning out on mining.

Speaking of which, it's not been forgotten. I've been slowly chipping away at it and now have less than 750k xp to go until level 98. Yesterday after some mining on the German server, I logged back in on an English one so I could do some Dungeoneering and found several piles of ores around me when I logged in. So I started picking them up and banking them and coming back for more. It looked like there were several drop mining bots running (I didn't think anyone did that anymore) and I looted load after load of iron, coal, the occasional mithril and even some uncut gems. I also mined some of the higher level ores around while waiting for them to drop. I can't remember the last time I had that much fun mining. :grin: I'm glad there's no rule about looting from bots like some other games have. Is it wrong to loot from bots? After all, every load of iron I get for free is a load I don't have to buy to work on my Smithing later.

So this morning I finally got around to doing that DG'ing and got a couple of levels.

[spoiler=Constitution Level 54]con54.png

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 43]dung43.png

dung43a.png

Four Abandoned floors, and I got the same boss (Skinweaver/skeleton horde) three times. Made for some easy battles. :thumbsup: I'm now half-way to my DG goal of level 50 and my second bind, and just two more levels until the final F2P resource dungeon. My next DG goal after that will be an Arcane Blast Necklace, but that's a ways off yet. It kind of bugs me that the tokens needed for the DG rewards are way to high for their levels. It's impossible to gain enough tokens to buy stuff at the level it becomes available (1 token per 10xp is only 10133 tokens by level 50 and the necklace costs 15k tokens). :wall:

@Nerdboyxxx, sorry I didn't say 'hi' to you this morning. I didn't notice you were logged in until I went to edit the picture. :oops: I'll keep an eye out for you next time.

Just a quick update. I went to the Duel Arena last night and upgraded my hat again.

[spoiler=Duellist Cap Tier 3]kaidaduelcap3.png

Looks much better with the cape, dontcha think? :grin:

Also, only 685k xp until 98 Mining. It's coming, slowly but surely.

As I'm sure you've all noticed by now thanks to the pretty little icon below my avatar...

I GOT ACCEPTED TO THE EDITORIAL PANEL!!! :twss:

It's a great opportunity and I'm very excited. I'm really looking forward to helping make the Times better.

I haven't had much to time to play the last couple of days as I've been busy clearing out my basement and spare room for some friends who are coming to stay with us for a couple of months, and then last night I didn't get home until almost 11 (I really hate my job sometimes :wall:) but I was able to get this today at the Duel Arena:

[spoiler=Attack Level 53 and Combat Level 67]atk53.png

atk53a.png

I also managed to get another 75 kills. Only 325 more to go until the tier 4 cap.

I've also got 595k xp left until 98 Mining. Switching back and forth between mining and other things is really working well. It's helping to keep my interest level up and hopefully will prevent me from getting burnt out again. I've also started using Mining Urns and I'm really liking them. I certainly won't say no to an extra 6k xp/hr. :) I just have to be careful not to deposit them with the ores (which I've done more than a few times).

Well, time for bed now. I have to get up early and help unload the moving truck. G'nite everyone. :^_^:

Gratz on being accepted to the Editorial Panel! :thumbup:

Who else was accepted? I know Mask and Not Trolling did as well.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Bagman, Mask and Not_Trolling were accepted as authors and Jaffy1, Studio1417 and I were accepted as editors.

TBH I was kind of surprised that they didn't make an official announcement to everybody like they do with new admins and mods.

They don't make global announcements for Crew either :( but at least it's posted on the front page so it's all good.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Hello fellow Canadian, hope all is well on your end of the country! I've always loved mining, but never could fathom your patience.

You're almost there, keep pushing mate!

David

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

Dang man getting very close to 99, very impressive :thumbsup:

I've actually been trying to raise my mining f2p as well. I was powermining iron at the mine near Rimmington, but this was probably 6 months ago. Well I tried to get back to it last night and the mine was overrun with bots, and this was at around 3:00 am my time. Tried to switch worlds about 5 times, but every world was full with bots. Tried to go to the mining guild after that, but it was even worse. If you could give any tips on f2p mining, it would be very appreciated. Understandable if you don't wanna give up any secrets though :shades:

Once again, well done on the progress you've made!

RSN=Volcom89

44760141.jpg

Thanks, Moose. Always good to hear from a fellow canuck. The weather out here has been fairly random the last couple of weeks; it can't seem to make up it's mind between hot and raining. <.<

btw, my brother's name is David. :)

Volc0m89, I'd really recommend mining in the Dwarven Mine and banking at the deposit box in the resource dungeon. It doesn't slow things down very much, and you can either sell the iron and make some gp or use it in the Artisan's Workshop for Smithing xp. If you're having trouble finding a spot, try one of the foreign language servers. They're usually pretty empty (especially the German ones) so there won't be much competition. Also, you should try using Mining Urns. I'm finding that the extra xp they give is really nice.

Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to play the last couple of days. I've got 530k xp left until 98 Mining, and I'm about 60 wins away from the tier 4 Duellist's Cap.

Speaking of which, they updated the tier 3 emote today.

DuellistsCap3.gif

Very cool. :thumbsup:

They don't make global announcements for Crew either :( but at least it's posted on the front page so it's all good.

Slightly off-topic, but they did when I became Crew. :blink:

Nice blog Kaida, it was a fun read. :)

I have also done 1-99 mining entirely in F2p a few years ago (in the Mining guild while I superheated), and I'm glad to see people enjoying the skill enough to do it without LRC still. :thumbsup:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Thanks Jaffy! It's always good to hear from someone who's made the journey before me. :)

Things have been pretty busy here the past week. We've had some friends and their 3 year old daughter move to the area and they're going to be living with us for a few months until they can get settled and save up enough for a place of their own. We've spent a lot of time lately sitting on the back porch chatting and just generally being sociable, which I'll admit is a nice change of pace from sitting on the couch all night watching TV and playing games on my laptop. However, I was able to get on for a bit tonight and get this:

[spoiler=Duellist Cap Tier 4]kaidaduelisttier4.png

I r pro nao, rite? :^_^:

I also got a bit of mining in, and now have 480k xp left to go until level 98.

Slowly but surely, brothers and sisters. Slowly but surely.

Non-mining update time everybody! ( :shock: I know, I was shocked too)

I've found a bit more time to play the past couple of days and was able to get these:

[spoiler=Crafting Level 54]craft54.png

craft54a.png

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 44]dung44r.png

Hopefully only two more floors until level 45 and then the last F2P resource dungeon will reveal her secrets to me! I can't very well declare myself a Mining Master if I can't access all of the (F2P) mining areas, now can I? :^_^:

I've only got 16 Mining Urns left, so I'll have to craft/buy some more soon. They really were an excellent addition to the game. If you haven't tried them yet, I highly recommend it. :thumbup:

Two updates in as many days, you lucky blog readers. :grin:

Today I got another DG level, another Crafting level and finally unlocked the last F2P resource dungeon. I now have access to the wily and elusive Runite ore in a place where I won't get my head taken off by Revenants or other players or who/whatever is roaming around the wilderness these days.

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 45]dung45.png

dung45a.png

Note the pro photo editing. Seamless, no? :P

:shock: A lot of new stuff gets unlocked at level 45 -- it almost didn't fit in my standard screenshot size. Now to grab some Gravite weapons and dominate the Wilderness! :lol: Nah, there's much to be done and many, many rocks left to mine.

But first:

[spoiler=Crafting Level 55]craft55.png

craft55a.png

...and the newest spot to fight with other people for ores:

[spoiler=Mining Guild Resource Dungeon]resourcedung45.png

Only 1060xp to level 46. I would have made it, if Har'Lakk and Rammernaut hadn't killed me so many times. I'm getting better at them though; Har'Lakk only got me once last time. :) So unless I die a half dozen times, I'll level up with the next floor but then I'll have to reset and start over again. Oh well, it will give me a chance to do the Fremennik Sagas...or at least the F2P one. ;-)

But now, as it is after 1am, I must say good night so I can go and get some sleep. I have to get up in the morning and make a 5 hour round trip up to Petawawa to do 20 minutes of work. Not bad for a Friday, eh? :^_^:

Nice blog. How do you find solo dung? I find it gets boring really fast, but no team will take you in until about level 70.

Good luck with your mining. What kind of rocks are in the dungeon? I've heard there's a runeite one in there.

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to ask. How do you join the Hyt chat? I never can connect.

Join friend cc 'Shyla' for HYT chat. Lady Heinous changed her name.

The Mining Guild resource dungeon has 8 Mithril, 4 Adamantite and 3 Runite rocks. I might try to get some ores there, but Runite can be pretty hard to get.

As for solo DG, you're right it can be pretty dull but compared to Mining for hours on end it's like a night at the Apollo. :lol: Jagex has said they are looking at rebalancing the DG xp rates to make solo'ing more viable. I'm hopeful, but realistic; I'll believe it when I see it. <.<

Come and sit on daddy's knee, kiddies. It's story time.

While Dungeoneering, I've been spending more time at the end of each floor skilling. Aside from Crafting, I've started creating at least 100 cosmic runes and have been casting 'Create Gatestone' over and over and over again for some easy Magic xp. Yesterday it paid off:

[spoiler=Magic Level 68]

magic68.png

magic68a.png

That was the first Magic level I've gained since starting this blog over 2 years ago! :thumbsup: Of course, as predicted, that floor also gave me this:

[spoiler=Dungeoneering Level 46]dung46.png

I had now run out of floors to do, also as predicted. So I reset and climbed my pixelated butt back up to the Frozen floors where I encountered a most curious fellow frozen in the ice. After freeing him he said that if I brought him a memory fragment (which turned out to be a smelly old bearskin. Yuck. :-X ), he would tell me a story. So I finished off the last few dozen xp I needed for this...

[spoiler=Defence Level 54 and 980 Total]def54.png

... then made my way through the rest of the floor and back to the surface where I found Mr. Popsicle Man warming himself by a fire in the Fremennik camp. I suppose I can't really blame him; when I told him what Age it was he said he had been down there for centuries. That's a long time to be in a block of ice! He said his name was Skaldrun, and he was some kind of library of life in the Deamonheim. Thinking at first this was simply the fantastical ramblings of a senile, and possibly brain-damaged, old man I humored him and asked him to tell me the tale that the bear pelt reminded him of.

Here's where things got a bit wiggy....much to my surprise, he actually sent me into the story where I became the protagonists. All three of them! A very splintering feeling indeed, but one I was forced to quickly adapt to as this floor was as fraught with peril as any other. As these three skilled, and often times humorously bickering, adventurers, I tracked down the antagonist of this particular tale and saved Gielinor from the horrible fate he would have loosed upon it. At this point I returned to my senses, standing in front of the old man right where I started.

He handed me two dusty books, heavy with the weight of years, and said that they would allow me to retain some of what I had experienced as those three adventurers in the dungeon. Excited with what secrets they might hold, I quickly read them upon which they turned to dust in my hands never to be read again. I was not disappointed, however, as they granted me new knowledge in a skill I had neglected for far too long.

[spoiler=Three's Company Saga]dgsaga.png

The arcane ranging secrets gleaned from that ancient tome gained me yet another level.

[spoiler=Ranged Level 41]range41.png

I've neglected Ranged even more than Magic. I can't even remember how long ago I last leveled it.

And so, I come to the end of today's tale, boys and girls. I hope you enjoyed it. :)

Thanks, guys. I try to make each entry worth reading. I'm glad everyone has been enjoying things so far. :)

Dude your an awesome storyteller, read the article you wrote too which was pretty damn good <3

I think you might be getting me mixed up with one of the writers. I'm just an editor. :wink: But thanks for the kind words.

Now that you mention the Times articles however, this week's edition has my 3rd edited and published article in as many weeks since joining which means I've gone 3 for 3 in my first month! :grin: I doubt articles I've worked on will be published every week, but it's not too shabby for one of the newbies.

About the white party hat, they reached max. Street value is like 4b if I am right. Sorry to hear that tough...

I know, right? :( It's starting to look like my only hope now is a donation from a generous (and wealthy) benefactor.

...that's right, I'm not too proud to beg. :lol:

Hi, nice blog you got. Awesome mining achievements.:D

Go get 99!=D

Thanks. It's coming slowly but surely. I've got to get my stock of Mining Urns built back up and then it will be back to the mines for a while. Hopefully I will have an xp update in the next couple of days.