Everything posted by Errdoth
-
Age Discrimination
I'm turning 13 on the 25, this coming Friday. Am I looking for better or worse?
-
Age Discrimination
Here comes my retaliation: God I hate stereotyping. You saved me the trouble of a response, IGoddessI. Where was that implied? I think none of that, in fact, I'm looking forward to growing into maturity. Well, duh. 12 years isn't exactly a long time... Nor would I, but that doesn't mean theirs should be disregarded. Does it? Retaliation enough?
-
Age Discrimination
I get really annoyed with discrimination based on age. No matter how much of a presence you have made, the first "oh yeah, I'm only 12 years old" thing that comes out of your mouth and you are done. No one will listen to you, and it kind of sucks. Not so much here, on tip.it, but on a lot of other forums I patron, my name turns to mud and sloshes down the hillside once people find out my age. I don't think that people hould be discriminated/stereotyped based on age. Even when I call to order a pizza, they always ask me, "Is this a serious order?", I kind of can't wait to be a bit older. Your thoughts and views?
-
Iraqi War Journal
Good luck, my cousin just got back from tour #2, got his knee really badly messed up, and shot in the shoulder with an rpg (it didn't go off). He is in Hawaii right now, good luck to you!
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
Well, I avoided her all day, and, so long as she doesn't come to my door, I'm safe. Someone who was talking to her said she asked if they knew where I and friends were, because she needed to schedule a parent conference. Lol, my mom just said she wouldn't go for something that stupid.
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
I don't really feel like blowing up the schools ego to that of some type of lesser god. I would like to have a life that isn't governed by some teacher in some school. I'm off to school right now, see you all when I get back. (Pray for no detention :pray: )
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
I envy you.
-
Death to internet radio: a possibility?
... WH\hat do you mean by net radio? I thought that was napster/limewire stuff?
-
Death to internet radio: a possibility?
Well, actually I'm quite fine with them ruining your illigal, filesharing network in a blitzkrieg. I'd much rather buy my music for a dollar a song in iTunes, than download a spyware infested, bandwith consuming program like limewire.
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
That's probably my school. Some kid got a detention for a comment on his myspace, that had absolutely nothing to do with the school, but said something about drinking and stuff. Ah, well, one more year and I'm outta there.
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
But the thing is, this teacher is the only one who complained. The teacher who asigned the project even posted a comment on the video itself. Ah, well, we'll just have to wait and see...
-
Silly Detention.
I may have a stupid detention to post about. All depends on how tomorrow plays out...
-
any1 have an annoying bro or sis?
lol. My bro isn't that bad, except when he gets fed up and try's to retaliate an argument that is lost on his side, he ends up trying to puch me and beat me up, I just shove him down though. Thank God it doesn't happen that often.
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
A lesson learned through experience. Of course you should look through your handbook and check if you've broken any rule. Always try and fight it if you're right(to a point) :) Does the school really retain any right to moderate my after-school business? God, I hope my parents didn't agree to that in kindergarten.
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
A lesson learned through experience.
-
*Edit* New Error "Couldn't get mail server response codes"
...
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
Exactly so, but when/if (most likely when) she "punishes" us, and when I bluntly refuse to remove the video (which has happened in the past, an eight grader got a detention and removed a youtube video from the same teacher), what should I do? Also, the principal is a 70+ year old nun, who has never touched a computer, and will consider: "An unsafe act of immaturity, who knows how many people could watch it" grounds for punishment. (That quote was a derivative of my own mind and was never said aloud :))
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
My point in an entirety, it's not her place, when the lit teacher who asigned the prject even commented on the vid.
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
Because she is strange. She is FREAKING out. (Private School)
-
A (Semi-)Legal Question for Y'all
First, a little background: A week ago, our literature teacher asigned us to work on a group advertising project for a small novella that was designed to sell the book. A few friends of mine and I asked her if we could do a video advertisement. She said: "Sure, be as creative as you can." We made the project, and after her showing it on the projector (a bit embarrasing, but, meh), I asked the people who were in it if they would object to me putting it on youtube. None of them had any objections. I then rephrased and asked if any of their parents would have an objection (Us being 7th graders), and they all said no. I went home, and put the video on youtube. The next day, we were joking about it, as they didn't think I was serious, and one of the other kids in the class overheard. He, being the idiot, popular kid that he was, decided to show the video off in technology class. Now the technology teacher got really mad, and asked who did this. His response: "Sean"(that's me ;)) Now: Ever since that incident (I wasn't in the class at the time), which was three days ago, I and friends have steered clear of her, as she is obviously pissed at us. Now there is a rumor (but a big and believable rumor nonetheless) that she is going to give us all detentions, which would kick me off as student government president. I am fairly certain that she has no right to privvy herself to what I do after school, as it is not her responsibility, because we did not mention the school, nor any names of students or staff; so I don't think she has any right to punish us. What should I do if she does, though? Help me? --Errdoth
-
*Edit* New Error "Couldn't get mail server response codes"
I've been getting that too, what is it, exactly?
-
Live for the challenge?
I suppose I live for a challenge, afterall, what else is there to keep us tethered to this insane world if not for the though of being able to challenge ourselves? I do math problems for fun (Weird, I know, but hey, I want that to be my job); I am training to run a marathon; I love to try new things; I love making card pyramids and other nearly impossible structures when I'm bored. Yes, I live for the challenge.
-
Whats your Motto?
Days I feel like a redneck: If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Normal days: Try, try, and try again, but don't waste your life trying for something you can't change. (Never giving up, and using common sense; the two best things in the world! :D )
-
A SERIOUS forum
You're back, Sith? Awesome.
-
How famous are you on tip.it? (Over 10k posts)
7/10