Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Arceus

Administrators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Arceus

  1. There are a good fraction of people who don't use Authenticator despite all the advertisement - and if you don't use that, you are one keylog away from someone getting into your account. That is the reasoning for making it available in the first place after all. And I don't know, the RPG element of the game doesn't exactly scream "make sure you get to your bank and throw everything in there before you quit for the day!" to me. Most people don't want to bother with that judging from seeing them log in every time. And true, I guess it doesn't stop griefers from doing that. It might be a moot point in that respect - I'm not certain what the ratio of the scammers who want to steal stuff vs ones who just want to cause misery and suffering are. I would assume most people who go to the trouble to hijack accounts through some keylogging/phishing scam would simply move on to the next one though, or hope to wait for the PIN to run out of time rather than throwing everything away.
  2. 23,347.
  3. What is always coming but never arrives? The construction rework. I believe the current plan is next year yes, but I wouldn't put too much faith in the scheduling based on what has happened in the past. Maybe it will become a RuneLabs idea at some point and finally pushed through.
  4. I wouldn't suggest you try this yourself unless you are very cautious, but I noticed that one can drop an expensive item on the ground without being prompted for your PIN! So, if you log out with anything valuable worn on you or in your inventory, if some rascal were hypothetically to get into your account they can simply drop your items in a relatively empty place, accept the confirm prompt, and completely circumvent the bank PIN. Isn't this something that should be fixed? It's one thing if you lose a token drop or if you want to drop items during powertraining, but wouldn't it be possible for Jagex to put a PIN-lock on dropping valuable items? They already have it in many places like Artisan's Workshop and even clan settings, and I certainly think it would be a worthwhile cause to add it here. Is there some reason I am not getting that this hasn't been done? Surely I can't be the first one to discover this... So to summarize my suggestion: dropping iron ores while powermining - no PIN required attempting to drop your bandos armour set - would prompt you for your PIN. For the meantime I suppose it would be best to bank all your items and armour before logout just in case, especially if you don't have Authenticator on your account.
  5. Arceus replied to rew's topic in SwiftKit
    Actually, resizeable mode was added to Old School recently. I'm not sure how that interfaces with Swiftkit/if it has been updated though.
  6. "All your minimaps are belong to us." // ~ Hibberdyjib2, probably. I have never seen that but it makes me curious, especially since as far a I know there's no way to even rotate interfaces. I guess it's aligned with north, hmm...
  7. Arceus replied to Dropbox's topic in Forum Games
    804...
  8. 23,349.
  9. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Gielinor Games a couple summers ago? Otherwise no guesses lol.
  10. I think you missed the joke :XD:, in regards to JMods usually giving replies/answers to questions that are at times akin to educated guesses at best.
  11. Arceus replied to Wessan's topic in Bestiary
    With a sample size of ~200 kills, you have a margin of error that is (from a very rough calculation) around 1/sqrt(198) ~= 1/14 = 6% if my math is correct, so anything within that range shouldn't be too unexpected. That is, blues between 1% and 13% would be regarded as statistically "normal" results. In fact if you average your two samples so far you get 7.46% blues, which is much closer (as you would expect, closer to the average with more samples). It's always fun to test stuff though, so I hope I'm not discouraging you - only trying to provide some insight into margin of error. :)
  12. 23,351.
  13. Arceus replied to Leoo's topic in Off-Topic
    Among other factors, one reason for such statistics relating to incarceration is that African-Americans are treated much more harshly when it comes to drug-related infractions.
  14. Arceus replied to Dropbox's topic in Forum Games
    404 Devnull not found... Oops I mean 804.
  15. 23,353.
  16. I just feel like so many people already have the exp for 120 smithing, I don't see why there's anything they can do with 120 thats they can't do with a rework and 99. So, for many the new levels wouldn't really help at all. It would be better to rework it to stay within 99, and use elite skills for any majorly new stuff. If by "so many people" you implicitly mean "enough people to quickly devalue any sort of unique products made at levels 100+ at any rate" then I suppose I can agree, yeah.
  17. Arceus replied to Dropbox's topic in Forum Games
    804.
  18. 23,355.
  19. 23,357.
  20. Arceus replied to Dropbox's topic in Forum Games
    804.
  21. 23,359.
  22. Jagex's thought process: >Our players think 120s are prestigious ("elite") >So, let's make 3 skills go up to 120! >Oh wait, that will be way too hard. >Let's make them easier and still call it 120s! (and sneak in TH promotions later!)
  23. Those are new skills right? Not taking all of the existing ones and pushing to 120 I hope. :ohnoes:
  24. Arceus replied to Dropbox's topic in Forum Games
    804.
  25. 23,361.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.