Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

archimage_a

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by archimage_a

  1. Nah, you have the windows own brand of zip extractors...As opposed to winzip, which treats you like you are installing something every time you want to open a file...WinRar is just the same as the zip extractor, just with the ability to open just about anything. I like 7zip, I just prefer WinRar. And no idea how to use any Adobe Programs...with the exception of Acrobat. Anyway, make sure you check out my mock intro: http://forum.tip.it/topic/251910-hegemony-argument-thread/page__view__findpost__p__4190650
  2. Thats odd, after I rebooted by computer I installed Winzip to open Halo, the deleted both and went back to using WinRar, for the same reason....Winzip makes it nightmarish to try to open files from an archive without extracting the whole thing, where as WinRar lets you do it with ease...almost like navigating with Windows Explorer. And I can create or update archives in 2 clicks(And typing the password in) so its darned quick...Opening it takes 1 click(and password)
  3. Another tip, don't uninstall it. It is far better than WinZip, and its not like it takes up masses of space.
  4. Mock Intro Post: (Explains why Dusty and I arn't playing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H91qZSfYLoU&feature=related The Year was 2105. Humanity prepared its first fleet, and took off skywards. Ten colony ships marked the first wave of expansion, we thought we were fufilling our destiny...instead fate played a cruel trick. The engines of one of our colony ships drew the attentions of a merciless race, the Dovans. Our ship hailed them as they approached, discussing this and that with them...then they were slaughtered. The Dovan set their course for Earth...and by 2136...it was no more. All that remained from our once great race was nine colony ships, scattered in to the vacuum of space.... We were first aware when Earth stopped transmitting, that was five years later, our communications were only light speed. We held out hope, but we knew that the message we craved would never come. As the years past, our ships flying onwards, not knowing if each other still existed, or if we were the last humans alive in the universe. We reckon it was 2125 by the time we made planetfall, another ten years while we built up society before we turned our attentions to communication...we broadcast our message, loud and clear, with plans of our faster than light communicators. But, alas, the Dovan heard us, like they hear us now. We send out this warning to all humans, everywhere, do not cry out in pain, but in Vengance! Build your fleets and wield your swords, avenge Earth, avenge the first colony ship, and now avenge us...the first, and last, colony to be destroyed by the monsters! [End Transmission] The Dovan are a powerful race of Alien beings, far greater than anything the small colony worlds you start off with could deal with. But will only come when a player calls to them, or when the expansion of planets has become too great to go unnoticed(basically, until you go off the map) [hide] [/hide] Cloning has been discovered and is implemented on all worlds(currently) so your population will swell to full capacity within about 20 years, which, by coincidence, is when industry will be completed too. If you want to change things you can though.(This is to jump start the colonies into proper homeworlds and mean that fast, dirty, expansion to the nearby area is a must... don't worry though, replicative fading will make cloning invalid after about a month(end of April)) Ok with everyone to start on Saturday the 3rd? If anyone feels strongly against this then please speak up before then and I will cancel the launch until people are happy(this excludes people that arn't playing and people that haven't posted in the Tavern before) A 'Starter' Tech Tree will be posted soon. Also I want people to use the wiki Dungeonal created. I will post research that has been conducted(Except Secret Research), and ship designs using the modules system (My designs will use the latest tech you have avalible, but no secret tech.) . If people want to create their own specific ship designs then they can use modules to create new layouts.(You must post these on the wiki, or pm them to me if they have secret research on) Fleet sizes should be updated daily on the Wiki. All conversations(about this), images and such, sent to and from me, will be put into a RAR Archive which will be password protected(Which I will assign when creating them) The archives will be avalible for download at any time, and I will keep them up to date(Since the University makes it easier to do with an easier to access section for downloadable files). If anyone has a problem with .RAR files please let me know and I will see what I can do. Please note that this is not unlimited space, I only have 2 Gigabytes and part of that is for my university stuff...So sending me Bitmaps is just going to annoy me...PNG or JPG. The map will also be updated regularly due to the ease of access I have(open, edit, save, done) If there is anything else anyone can think of please tell me.
  5. Don't we all...
  6. Yeah, I guess I can....I am not terribly happy about it but if its the only option open.
  7. I thought it crass to ask him...
  8. Its really something for everyone else to decide.
  9. Well, if Retech wants to be the Hoard Master from time to time then I don't mind that. But I think one hoard should last a week or two...plus fortnight to repair and fight over the new order of things... So it would probably be monthly.
  10. I am a pacifist by nature and I have all the expansionist tendancies of a paper plate, mostly I want a walled room and a machine gun to stop attackers. Preferably in the middle of a wasteland.
  11. Yeah, that seems fair. I think that I should randomly select one of you to become the alien invader(your own adjective would be stuck in a bubble or something), since me doing it runs into all of the problems from before.
  12. Aliens/Humans...they are just words. As long as your race(another word...workforce-no, word...adjective, there we go) As long as your adjective doesn't give you some advantage which breaks the game then I don't mind. I reserve the right to trim your adjectives back.
  13. Rocco: IF! Operative word. If there is agreement then we can set it up on Friday. And that means everyone (bar Dusty) must not oppose the idea.
  14. Retech it has already been established that you can...several times...Just because Rocco says something doesn't mean that everything else doesn't apply.
  15. No, those are my terms, if I am going to mod and not play then I want Dusty out of it from the beginning. I am not having people rally round him for being a....stubborn old mule....time and time for standing up to me for not allowing someone to activate god mode.
  16. You people really have a problem with me in every game...Someone invents a 'claimed' invunerable system, it must therefore be invunerable! Anyway, if everyone agreed that system then I would do it, and not play(I prefer Dungeonal's system though), on condition that Dusty wasn't allowed to play, since he never listens to me.
  17. Cutting through all the crap in my system to do wth customisation and such.... You research 1 project at a time. You build 2 heavy battleships or equivilants per day per planet You can chose how you want to move around space, but basically- 6 hour travel to the 4 closest systems(node) OR 1 day per square and the ability to deploy gates which insta travel anywhere there is a gate OR 6 hours per square and 6 hours to enter a system. You get Research points to upgrade your technology in small steps without researching it. You build a ship with a decent number of weapons on. You deploy a decent number of ships. You play decently. Wow! Complicated! Rocco, we have a choice... We can have the Dusty/Mather approach and create a game that they dominate because they have no intention of playing fairly, they are just doing whatever takes their fancy at the time. OR Archi approach of real life limits, but keeping full customability. OR We limit customability and play the game with rules on everything so people don't 'Oh, what shall I do about this? Well I could play fairly, or I could win....' I don't really see any other option because no one is going to say 'Hey, I don't mind losing.'
  18. I am kinda worried about that, but I'll see what you can do with it =D
  19. I think ships should be made up of three main modules: Command Section, Mission Section and Engine Section. Each of these modules would have different numbers of slots you could use to place other normal modules. Though it might be a bit too complicated...
  20. The power limit would mean you could go into a battle with your ships bristling with weapons...and run out of power in five seconds in and get the person with the sensible amount of weapons come and wipe the floor with you. Primarily to stop people deploying a bagillion lasers on every ship
  21. The gate thing is wonderful though. I think the last game proved that you can't have 100% anti-missile defences, so if you created a missile ship, flew in, blew up the gate/gates(I think there should be a limit to how many deployed gates you can have in a system(and they have to be in system to deploy)...one per planet?) and then the bulk of your fleet arrived elsewhere to blow seven shades of death out of other colonies while the victim tries to sublight it or build a new gate before their empire is destroyed. It sort of does away with the tedium of sending transports through or moving ships between planets....and makes it an element of guess work too...since you can choose to mass your fleet just before the battle begins, and if you choose wrong you are stuffed. Anyway, you could still use the Node Drive if you wanted to the SOASE system. Combat needs to be discussed, like the modules. I like the prospect of using a power and command limit...So you can store X amount of power for combat and then you expend that...missiles take less power but have their own limit....and you can only send 4(Best ships, or 8 lesser ships and so on and so forth down to 1000 fighters or something) or so ships into combat at one time without suffering some sort of excess command penalty. But you can reinforce your lines as ships are destroyed. The power limit would be the average power level of the fleet, so wheeling around your most ultimate ship with an army of obsolete vessels would be silly...so no Point-Defence-Battleship missile shields for gates. Sound fair? Modules?
  22. The green thing is the thing that tells you that you have the gate selected...in the game... The Hexagons are the gates. I think the pro-con system should be more flexible. Ie you write a description rather than fill in a list...because 'Instant transport' isn't a pro or a con, but a mix of the two... Also if you design a massive ship then a con would be it is near impossible to miss the ship with a gun, so having 'All ships are quick and hard to hit' as a racial pro doesn't really come into it...yet some people would argue that it does., Ross: The game shouldn't be easy to keep track of. If I want to launch a sneak attack I don't want it to be blazonly obvouis that is what I am doing. Resourcewise, I don't mind. If we just feed everything into the economy system I said, and do some balancing, then it should be fine. A planet should have a max of 2 Heavy Battleships per year if it only has factories, power plants and houses, but should be able to build at least 1 Battleship per year with a full mining/food/this and that system. Upgrading will be difficult to keep track of....If we had a wiki we could create new ships and new Marks of ships as and when we needed them. So I could build 40 Dyth Class Battleships with Fission Drives, then discover Tier 2 and create the Dyth Mk2 Class with that. Then build 40 new ones, then scrap the old ones. I think ripping stuff off is fine, as long as you don't go with a 'Well in the TV show I watched it was amazing, therefore in this game it is amazing'. I don't want a Star Wars-Star Trek battle, I have been in those before and they get complicated in about 5 seconds. I think I am beginning to see a pattern between Hegemony Players and Aspergers....Could it possibly be that we are inherantly argumentative and good leaders? Mather(again): I think the wiki idea would solve that problem.
  23. Basically what Dungeonal said. Fission and Recombinate Fission are just words. In terms of the game it is: Power = 200 and Power = 220 Fission would be 200 to 300, Fusion would be 300 to 400 and so on and so forth. Research point techs would just be filler bits to go in the middle, 4 per thing. Anywho Research points would be not be something you would amass(If you do then you are playing the game wrong) and, in any case, you can only spend one point on one project at one time. You couldn't, for instance, research Fusion normally then tech it to level 5 with 4 research points the same year. You could level it up over 5 years though. I am not sure how to do the research points, maybe fit them into the economy with universities...takes 500 people to run one and 1/50th of a power plant and you get a research point at the end of the week or something. Also, I guess you could spend a research point on producing a really awesome ship(Compared to normal ships), which would have more powerful strengths and smaller weaknesses....but it would have to be ship by ship, you couldn't just design an awesome ship and then pump that out. I think we need to talk about a modules system, so each module costs X and the ship itself costs Y. 1 factory produces 1, level 1, fighter, per hour so we can use f/h(fighter/hours) as the base figure. I also think Mather is right, each ship should have pros and cons if we are going to use them. No ship is perfect, the closer it is to perfection(say a borg cube) the higher the cost. So it would be a balancing act of 4 or 5 strengths to weaknesses or strengths and costs. The Warp Gates could be deployed in space or on the ground. They look like: So I guess that it would be picking the right hex to go to the right system. So ground based ones would be more expensive and could only link to one system per gate...as opposed to all of them.
  24. I think it's British actually. On the other hand, if they hadn't done anything there would be an article about 'Government ignores Animal Rights' instead... Course the real problem is people voting for the idiots in the first place...thankfully less than a third of us vote, so at least it's not representative of a national trend of stupidity.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.