Everything posted by archimage_a
-
Space
Retech: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603519/Space/Puzzles/Card2.png Nero, I will get it done as soon as (cooking and such)
-
Space
Nero, colonies other way round. And the Sarlane is adrift in jump.
-
Space
Refinery: 500 kT 100 kT Processing Power F 50% of the food becomes material. So 100 kT of food becomes 50 kT materials.
-
Space
Sure, you would need to build the farms, and then recyclers to turn the Food into Materials. (Building a rifle out of beets just doesn't cut it =P)
-
Space
You would think, but no.
-
Space
There are two timelines: -Open Cut: Initial symptoms show in less than a minute, and conversion is around 20 minutes per limb, death usually occuring at around 30 minutes. -Lungs: Initial symptoms show after about three days, the first symptom is Sudden Onset Death. Trial and Error on Astare 3 have shown that antibiotics can keep the infection in check...however the antibiotic stockpile isn't exactly massive and is being hoarded by gangs (Huzzah). Autopsy has shown the infection itself spreads through the lung very slowly before going though the lung wall, causing asphixia (Lung can't expand/draw in air due to pressure difference, resulting in suffocation). Other theories are that it spreads to the heart and floods the lungs with blood (as well as killing the heart). (Not a trained medical pracitioner, snide comments about ineptitude will be frowned upon...sufficing to say death in 3 days) Three things: First, the ground? Second, as stated in one of our chats, you didn't 'need' a life support system, since you could just vent 7/8ths of the air inside the dome and replenish...since the air is "breathable". Third, shield generators operate outside the domes, as does the outside of the dome...Ergo if microbes hit the dome, and where then encompassed by the shield... Astare 3: Mean Temp: 589K/316C Atmosphere: 8.38 atm (N2 44%,O2 29%,H2O 8%,CO2 4%) Venus Mean Temp: 735 K/460 C Atomsphere: 93 atm (CO2 96%, N2 4%) Earth Mean Temp: 287K/14C Atomsphere: 1 atm (N2 78%, O2 21%, Ar 1%) So...Comparison to Venus High temperature, yes. Insane pressure, no. Low Oxygen, no High CO2, no Comparison to Earth Low Temperature, no Normal Pressure, Yes-ish (Its about equal to 125 meters underwater, which is tolerable) Moderate Oxygen, yes Low CO2, yes Water Content, yes So, overall, save from the higher temperature, Astare 3 is Earthlike. And, as we know, temperatures change over time, meaning that, quite possibly, at some point, Astare 3 was cooler, thus meaning that life could have developed, thus meaning that life could have evolved to tolerate, even thrive at higher temperatures. (Though a candel burns at 1,000 degrees so I assume an energy weapon has a few thousand on that =p)
-
The Back Room
Seems unlikely, since, with no tray, the desk heats up. And the air is somehow stored inside the computer? Or would it blow out....
-
Space
/join #space-1 tavern
-
The Back Room
Right, can anyone explain this: I put a tray of water under my computer fan (Which usually heats up the desk). The computer is on two levels of books so there is a gap between them. Now the tray itself gets a little warm, where as the water gets much colder. Seems counter intutive to me, so if anything has an explaination. I am getting lost with reflected energy and kinetic ripples so any help =)
-
Rivers Run Red
Well I don't want to put you out too much, I mean with RT and all I am pretty much set so other people should get their games first (unless you want to do crusades Europe, then I shamelessly queue jump :thumbsup: )
-
Rivers Run Red
Actually it has come up a few times. Might be a reference to you, might not. In any event Lady Bug Necromancer or Spider Assassin would just be plain awesome...I mean playing as something that can fly, summon the undead and hide up a tree with 0.0000000000000000000000001 risk of discovery... Or kill with its own venom...or Retechianly, sell its own venom. Unbalanced and silly, but plain awesome none the less. On Vampire....On closer inspection it is set in modern times, and my main draw was a game set in the crusade Europe. =(
-
Rivers Run Red
Am I correct in thinking that Vampire: the Masquerade has a video game associated with it? If so the game would be rather interesting to play... Though I would imagine the video game and the roleplay are rather different.
-
The Back Room
I get Deju Vu in cycles. AKA long periods where I don't recognise anything, then a short period with five or six events in a few days. As for doing things over and over again....Welcome to the World of Tommorow!
- Space
-
The Billboard
You never asked :sad: =P Nah, its cool, just saying.
-
The Billboard
Looks nothing like Tim: (not mine, just for reference) [hide] [/hide]
-
Space
Compared to the average human, yes. Cost is the same, and quality won't increase without specific talents....
- Space
-
Space
Nero, Ship has a VI, same job, different name.
-
Space
Sure, he contributes 1kT (Can be doubled up or halved by successful rolls) per month to processing power on large things, instead of the usual 100 EC per human.
-
Space
Depends on the situation. General set at 25,000 kT per year. If things are going well will be more, if things are going terribly will be less.
-
Space
Errr...how would colonists pay taxes...they aren't paid anything.
-
Space
Mmmm, I think I was using one of the other questionairres you filled in...the one about it not being a moral whatsit because you would always kill Andians. I will redo it, do you still want to be related to Dusty, or would you prefer to just be someone else's kid?
-
Space
The Psionic Channel is giving me a reading on Retech's responce: [hide] [/hide] Also getting Nero's Responce: [hide] [/hide]
-
Space
The 2,000 kT can be morphed now or kept as kT. After monday its just kT...no super morphing power.