The Billboard

Jehosaphat

Thread rules:

Posting art: All art must be relative in the Tavern in some way - Tavern character, landscapes, etc. are acceptable, but fanart of non-Tavern works or art related to not much of anything at all, is no longer allowed. Anything posted here not related to the Tavern after August 14, 2011, should go in the Gallery. All art must stay within forum rules, and anything quickish would probably be a bad idea.

Posting critiques on art: If you decide to help people improve instead of drawing your own stuff, your critiques must be helpful and relative. Links to useful tutorials in your critique are always more than welcome.

Bad critique example:

" I dislike your art it sux so bad trololl0l0l0!@#!@#!@!!@@$!%!#$^!#l"

Okay critique example:

"I dislike N aspect of your art because of reasons X, Y, and Z."

Wonderful critique example:

"I dislike N aspect of your art because of reasons X, Y, and z, and here's A, B, and C ways to make it better."

I think that's all, so now LET'S POAST SUM ART!

a70c7.png

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I can only post characters I draw from characters I've created in the Tavern? :o

"Don't get in my face, don't invade my space. I'll put you in your place.

I'll only tell you once, I'll never tell you twice. This is me being nice." ~Porcelain and the Tramps

Lqt9R.png

I have to say that out of all your artwork my favourite is the saxophonist with the afro, there is a certain quality that I like about it but I can't pinpoint what it is. I also like the man with the afro's eyes, in comparison all of your other eyes look out of proportion, I know it is a staple in most cartoons but the large eyes make the drawing look childish. I really like the picture of the blonde haired boy looking forward while holding some sort of futuristic polearm, it has a good sense of perspective and almost immedeatly makes the reader think.

This is what I plan my character Yeltsin to look like however I am now having second thoughts on that.

[hide]JCZZG.png[/hide]

qTLQRuS.png

Anatomy is a tad off there, Res. May want to get your hands on one of those wooden doll things, since they are actually pretty helpful.

Thanks, straight away the legs glare at me as being out of proportion, also you can notice that the right hand is longer then the left.

I was meaning to get one of those wooden dolls for school, they really help with anthropometry and ergonomics when doing DT.

qTLQRuS.png

I was going to post a pic of how I intend Håkon to look like, though when paint.NET decided to just go bust on me when trying to open anything that needed an internal window I was forced to give up. However while making it I realized it looked crudely like me except broader, taller and with a full beard.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

So you in full norse mode? :P

Also go to imgur, you can upload there.

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?

Tavern Related as in it has to do with like Space?

Sweet. Can't wait to add my pics that are related to the tavern. I promise, they seriously are related

So, I can only post characters I draw from characters I've created in the Tavern? :o

Nah, it just has to be Tavern-related somehow. Even if it's "I don't want to share this with the rest of the forums."

...*sigh* If you want the rest of the forums to see it, post it in the Gallery board. If you only want the Tavern to see it, post it here. Also post it here if it's relevant to a game in the Tavern, regardless of whether or not you post it in the Gallery.

a70c7.png

I've been messing about with sketching. Can't draw faces, pants, or feet. Hands are fine, arms ok, I'm getting better with body shape, wings so-so, but I such at drawing much other than robes for the bottom parts of clothing and feet I just have trouble with. Might be able to do them without shoes, but maybe not.

My style also consists of (arguably) artistic scribble and scratch; parts of a picture or the whole thing will be vague, undefined, and maybe hard to see as intended. That's mostly with pencil though, with pen I've been getting much more defined in some parts... though again bits of my doodles devolve into black clouds. That's partly intentional. I have one really good but odd one... lemme see here...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

Gah! I can't get my photos on here. I have them uploaded, I just can't get it on here yet. And untill weebly sends me my password recovery info, I can't stick them on my website, so I can't get the links needed to get the photos onto here. Bummer!!!!!! If anybody knows a way for me to get the photos on here then that would be awsome.

70dk7a.jpg

Here's my favourite so far.

Also, random artsy photo.

eb7r06.jpg

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

No offence Nex, I couldn't figure out what it was.

Still trying to get my photos on here, <_< I'm going ballistic just trying to get it online. I got them on fb no problem, it just won't let me get the pics on here!

Thank you Ross!

Now I just need to find my camera to get the photos looking non-fuzzy like my sister's camera.

Wait, just realized something...

Nex, you were doodling on your notes for biology or something? I saw the word photolysis and went "Biology: Photosynthisis and Cellular Respiration" and I'm guessing the "Light Dep" is Light Dependant Reactions and it also looks like the word oxygen and sunlight was cut off. Biology has nothing to do with the Tavern, Nex :D .