The Billboard

Jehosaphat

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That robe actually looks like it's made from felt. :thumbsup:

One step up from the previous non-shading I had been doing, yep. Still would rather it look like... something besides felt, but it's better than not-felt-and-not-clothlike-at-all.

And I'm going to be working on storyline and character stuff with my dad sometime soon, so I may actually get a comic set up this summer. SHOCK AND AWE

a70c7.png

Felt wouldn't be too unlikely a fabric for robes, it's actually pretty good because it provides excelent isolation.

Though robes are often empictured as silk, for which you are shading it too dark and giving it too uneven edges.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

Felt wouldn't be too unlikely a fabric for robes, it's actually pretty good because it provides excelent isolation.

Though robes are often empictured as silk, for which you are shading it too dark and giving it too uneven edges.

Really? From my experience, felt is scratchy and uncomfortable as hell when used in clothing. (Thank goodness I didn't try any actual clothing made from the stuff, the costume bracers were enough...)

And I'm not that good at shading yet. But, supposedly, webcomics are pretty much artist-steroids, so if I can get one going, I should improve somewhat quickly if out of nothing but necessity. :thumbup:

a70c7.png

My mom used to knit gloves for me annd my sister using felted wool, they didn't scratch and you could put them in freezing water and they would only get warmer as it makes them even better insulators.

Weter or not felt scratches I thing depends on the material used, I think what you were in contact with must have been synthetic.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

My mom used to knit gloves for me annd my sister using felted wool, they didn't scratch and you could put them in freezing water and they would only get warmer as it makes them even better insulators.

Weter or not felt scratches I thing depends on the material used, I think what you were in contact with must have been synthetic.

Yeah, it probably was synthetic.

a70c7.png

GAH!!!!!!!!!! I just realize I have to compleatly restart the picture of the Space gang I had started! I was working so hard on that and then I get the shock of a lifetime. Grrrrrrrr, curses on Volta.

So. The better I get, the longer the pictures take. If I ever start a webcomic, I'm either going to have a very sparse update schedule, or be lazy as all hell when drawing.

Anyways, another character for the practice comic which may or may not come into existence.

[hide=Haphaestus]haphaestus.png[/hide]

a70c7.png

I've noticed a distinct lack of digits on your characters...

10:53 PM - retech9691: I feel the need
10:53 PM - retech9691: To include many chasms in my story arc
10:53 PM - Resistance: You mean plotholes?

Remember, Remember, the 4th of November

RIP Dawngate ;-;

I've noticed a distinct lack of digits on your characters...

Hands. Drawing them is still difficult, especially from side-view.

And I typically give all my characters 3 fingers instead of the standard 4 to keep their (pitiful excuses for) hands from looking like bunches of bananas.

a70c7.png

Hephaestuses ability is to summon metal or something?

FaladorTavern.png

Youtube account: Earthgragonsage; currently uploading not an effing thing.

[hide=Memorable Crossroads Quotes.]

Reigan: NO MOOSE CAN SAVE US NOW; ...Had that been taken out of context, it would have been comical... Right now, it's terrifying.

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

So I took a short hiatus when summer vacation started to be in what amounted to a constant vegetative state. This has not helped my drawing abilities AT ALL.

Also, I'm trying to convert to just using my tablet to not have to use a metric asston of printer paper.

So things are going to look a little bit worse than before for the time being, especially since the only new character picture I've managed to finish is a ghost who lost his legs in a violent and bloody manner...

[spoiler=Weston]weston.png

a70c7.png

• 4 weeks later...

I like the last picture the best, because it's all mystical.

And it's definitely Jen.

Master of your domain? I am Lord of the manor, Queen of the castle, King of the county!

Former moderator of the original Dungeoneering

Former moderator of Ye Olde Hegemony

Moderator of the remake of Dungeoneering

Former Empress of the Lichten Empire (Hegemony)

Former President of the United States (Hegemony)

Former Emporer of Imperial Japan (Hegemony)

Czarina Catherine of Imperial Russia (Hegemony

The only difference between a disagreement between friends, an argument between strangers, and a feud between enemies is the ability to reconcile.

I like the last picture the best, because it's all mystical.

And it's definitely Jen.

Yeah, clouds and crap like that are one of my strong suits.

And it's not Jen; Jen would be wearing ice-blue and probably stabbing the hell out of something.

a70c7.png

I like them, but since I have to give you something to improve on, the shaft of the spear looks a bit off in the last picture.

That it does, I kind of messed up the shading on that. Hrm.

More landscapes and crap to come relatively soon, if I don't end up with a ton of chores.

a70c7.png

• 1 month later...

Fanart doesn't have to be people ya know, doing stuff.

But interesting colours make it look nice :3

It's a REALLY big shaft.

I didn't catch fire, I used the can of hairspray as a flamethrower and pointed it at my arm.

how are you going to ignore my posts when I'm offering to let you live as my vassal in two weeks time?