Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Tip.It Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

l0rd

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by l0rd

  1. Well, if the purpose of this thread is to ask what kind of computer we recommend, then this belongs in the appropriate forum. However, I think you want a little more input about your personal life: Your situation at home seems to trivial to get too upset over. Just let your parents fix the computer or, even better, download Firefox. As you get older, and as long as you stay out of trouble, your parents will trust you gradually more. You also might want to take some initiative and show them that you are (more so than them) competent with computers somehow. As for a computer, if you don't play any graphically intense games, I'd recommend getting a 200-350 dollar netbook. You may not want a laptop, but you can get a perfectly fine netbook that will last you a while for very cheap, it's a good option for someone with little income.
  2. l0rd replied to Skully's topic in Off-Topic
    ohai there. ;D Hi. ;D (need I point out that I meant what I said in a completely G-rated fashion. Just sayin', most of the east Asian girls I've met have been lovely.) No offense to anyone, but I really hate stereotypes like this. Being Jewish, I've heard people tell me that they like Jewish people because they're so nice or smart. I would rather them tell me that they hate me as an individual than say they like my background as a whole. Labeling or attributing such a large group of people with such a sweeping generalization is is nothing short of a provincial worldview. And in my eyes, it is almost de-humanizing to say a whole group of people acts a certain way. No, people are dynamic, and a society will have a large spectrum of personalities.
  3. Yep. I know he really is 17, but technically he's only experience 4 birthdays so far. :P Good thing birthdays don't govern how old we are, periods of 365.24 earth days do. Glad it works that way, or else we'd have quite a confusing time aging on Mars.
  4. l0rd replied to i_love_burritos's topic in Off-Topic
    I think our government is dispensing checks too hastily and not prioritizing their assets well enough. I know a number of people that get disability checks for truly non-debilitating conditions, including my own mom. For the most part I agree with our current system, I just think that a little more scrutinization and exclusiveness should be had.
  5. l0rd replied to Skully's topic in Off-Topic
    My canines, psychosis, comida latina, computer, music, "spacing out", granola, being alone, mountain biking, written word, youtube, TIF, mother, obsession, pain, silence, coldness, film, driving, creativity, collecting, complexity, simplicity, ambiguity.
  6. l0rd replied to meol's topic in Off-Topic
    Replace Index A please. Muchisimas gracias. [hide=][/hide] P.S.: Adrenal, I'm super serious. :thumbup:
  7. It's obvious: anonymity. If people could go around in the real world masking their identity 100%, then I'm sure they wouldn't keep up with their morals either.
  8. Yes, maybe pissed, but not a reason to hate the person. She is probably still using the computer less than him. Sacrifice is key to any relationship, and not giving any is a sign that he is not open at all in this new relationship with his step-mother. OCD is nothing to be pissed off at a person for. Urges caused by OCD are truly uncontrollable, and in some cases it even calls for medication. If his step-mother has OCD he need to learn to accept her for it; most people have physical or mental ailments of some kind.
  9. Although I don't doubt he had a strange sexual appetite, I still respect him, not only as a musician, but as a person. He has been through a lot, his whole life he has been on a pedestal open to anything people wanted to throw at him. He probably had a hell of a stressful adult life. RIP.
  10. Why are you all saying the only solution is an exterminator? If I were you, I would find out what the exterminator himself would do, Google'ing exterminator supplies and techniques. Heck, maybe there is even an exterminators forum. 8-)
  11. Questionable items in my room... -Two large logs, about 20 inches in diameter, just sitting there. I often move them to different places in my room when I need to free up space where they are, but I like them. -About 50 stolen Kippahs, whenever I used to go to temple I would take one. -Three instruments that I've accumulated (that I don't play): dulcimer, guitar, and saxophone. -A lot of popular rap cd's popular in 2000-2004 (despise them now). -A thousand or so gum rappers in a basket. -A dozen or so school-owned books that I never ended up returning. There is more, but my tiredness is impairing my thinking.
  12. ... :? Yes, but it is the very first thing you look at, isn't it? It seems as though you yourself have some subconscious prejudices against people that aren't like you: foreigners, overweight people, your step-mother. I know this is cliché, but really try to be more perceptive and don't see someone for their label or judge people because of their exteriors or by their ability to please and agree with you. In your current mindset, I think if you were to meet yourself, you wouldn't find yourself very agreeable and would probably end up fighting over some french-fries. Okay, this is definitely an emotional weakness on her part, but it may just be because she is still getting to know your dad. Although you may know he would be faithful to marriage, she might not know him well enough to be certain. Regardless, this is her issue, and I don't see how it should make you upset. People have weaknesses, she might have had a boyfriend or husband that cheated on her, or she might just be an overprotective partner.
  13. no laissez-faire is bad, look at what happened in the 20s and 30s, harding, coolidge, and hoover were all in favour of laissez-faire, this helped to cause the great depression, and it wasn't till roosevelt was elected, and he intervened with the economy, that the situation improved regarding this system, with the trade limit still in place i fail to see how old school style merchers would make any significant profits Well, in a Laissez-Faire economy, the GE wouldn't even need to exist. The only downside to this would be RWT, scamming, and hacking for items (just like before).
  14. Interesting read I pictured this new GE idea as the old world 2 marketplace. If anyone needed to make a large purchase, they would head over to world 2, and buy what they needed. However, in the system you proposed, I don't see a world being intentionally full as a good enough reason to make someone inclined to search on the forums or in a populated area for a 1-on-1 trade. Seems like GE trade with still drastically dominate.
  15. I'm not quite sure why the fact that she moved from a foreign is relevant, unless of course you are suggesting she has some sort of relationship inferiority because she is foreign. Also, complaining about her cleaning your room doesn't really put you in the best light in the eyes of the threadviewers. Has it ever appeared to you that cleaning someones room for them is a nice gesture, whether she does it for the rest of the house or not. I'm sure she is not going out of her way to deliberately sabotage your privacy. And speaking from experience, these moves she is making may be her way of trying to reach out to you as a parent.
  16. I've been in the exact same situation as you Brandon, having my mom marry my step-dad when I was 13. Everything I saw in him, and everything he did I hated. But when you look at the person in retrospect, and look at the possible reasons why your parent chose to marry them, you might be able to tolerate their behavior.
  17. I have a musky ol' bottle of A1 in my fridge, must be at least a year old. Surprising as I can't find the expiration date anywhere on it. Oh well, you've inspired me to eat some tonight and hope to be botulism-free tomorrow. Well, I just had sudden explosive diarrhea. So beware. But it could have been caused by the big pack of extremely hot Jack Links chicken nuggets and some beef jerky that I devoured shortly after drowning my chicken dinner in old A1. I don't know for sure, it was probably the combination. But be warned, because I don't know. Lol Not sure what is grosser, the explosive diarrhea or the Jack Links packaged chicken nuggets. Thanks for the info though, and I'm sure with my experimentation we can get to the bottom of this whole diarrhea debacle. I only hope for the best for you and your botulism/capsaicin sensitivity.
  18. Gave my step-dad a phone call, nothing big besides the fact that the last time I called him was like, never. :-# I have a musky ol' bottle of A1 in my fridge, must be at least a year old. Surprising as I can't find the expiration date anywhere on it. Oh well, you've inspired me to eat some tonight and hope to be botulism-free tomorrow. I can picture him circling which ones he wants and giving the drawing/"catalog" back to you. :XD:
  19. Yeah, they are paradoxical ideologies. We as humans define, quantify, and name the world around us. When you introduce this out-of-the-box thinking to anything commonly accepted or factual, it just gives everyone a headache. Although there might be objective truths, there is definitely not objective worth. If you disregard common precepts for artistic creativity because of some distrust you have with the "conformist" definition of "subjective" worth, then you are essentially turning your back on all human reason, not to mention heading down a long, futile road.
  20. I like lending out my flashy items to strangers before I go to sleep, or when I know I won't need to lend a useful item to someone else later.
  21. I liked the final segment in the fictional trilogy, and I learned quite a bit about the old RS when working with the historical article. Yay.
  22. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Make sure Java is enabled if that doesn't work, just set all defaults. If that doesn't work, just use Firefox, its a much nicer browser.
  23. l0rd replied to mrsmarty1's topic in Off-Topic
    Public libraries, ticks, and being stalked.
  24. Ugh, I can't stand watching sports. I mean to each his own, but I'd rather be the one having fun than watching others have fun. I just don't get it. Some sports fanatic can quote me and try to tell me why they enjoy it, but I'm warning you, I'm still not going to understand. I don't watch sports either. I think most peoples interest in televised sports lies in social competition with friends, gambling, and hoping for a specific team to win, rather than just for the sake of watching people have fun.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.