Everything posted by l0rd
-
so i've come to hate the world.
That my friend, is propaganda at its finest. Learn the facts, not biases. The fact is, is that CO2 is a proven compound that traps UV radiation, and thus heat in the earth. If you look at graphs since the Industrial Revolution of CO2 emissions and look at Earths average temperature, you will find that the graphs are similar. This is not to say that CO2 is the cause, but it is a very good chance, this is all environmental scientists know. Even if it is just a hype, the fact is is that the current carbon footprint we're leaving behind is very substantial could cause problems in the far future if it doesn't cause problems in the immediate future (which it most likely will). If we stopped emitting CO2 totally today, it would still take 200 years for the average earth temperature to go back to what it was before the Industrial Revolution.
-
The Anti "Purpose of Life" Arguement
NO ITS NOT!!1!1!one!
-
The Anti "Purpose of Life" Arguement
Seeing as every agrees, I don't see much discussion value. Ah, its just like we're all sitting in a circle agreeing with each other - intellectual masturbation. I'm tired.
-
The Anti "Purpose of Life" Arguement
Nature is a sociopathic rampant uncontrollable beast spitting out products left and right. One of its regurgitates happens to be life. As a living thing, we have strived to find a purpose in our existence, thus the question of the purpose of us existing arises. Why must we have a purpose? Can we just not live life, and be happy (or sad) with the fact that we have a chance to do so? Philosophers have dived into the dark, searching for an illusive key, unlocking all the secrets to our existence for thousands of years. This in turn sprouts religion. I believe there is no purpose to life, quit simply. We only create one for ourselves by perceiving the world around us. Prove me wrong, share thoughts, etc.
-
so i've come to hate the world.
assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. you are wrong. what i do with current problems is i just take notice to them and i have discussions about them. the majority of what i said have to do with government spending and social reform. there's a small list of things i'd like to see been done before the end of my lifetime. one would be homosexual rights, no restriction on any form of actions that your government does and finally a war that i can agree with that is (not sure on the reasons but i'm sure that i'll never see it). i do not feel proud of this hatred i have for the world. i see it as a handicap. one of my favorite quotes is ignorance is bliss. i find it paranoia that i have all this knowledge of how the world is an imperfect place, so i feel a need to rant because i'm pissed that it isn't perfect. i could go on about that but that's a philosophical issue not a global one. let me just say that by declaring my hatred of the world i am accepting it. there is hate within each and every individual and for you to say that my hate is one of potentially dangerous results is not one that is correct. if you knew me-which you don't- then you'd view me as a happy-go-lucky guy. i care about peoples problems and i try to help any one i come in contact with. one of the reasons why i put the columbine rant down is because it impacted me so much and the fact that it was tainted with people wanting to make money just infuriates me. i can't try to explain why i'm mad without reiterating what i have already said, but i shall say it anyway. i don't think that any person should capitalize off of peoples emotions that come with the death of a person. don't assume peoples character because you did for mine. Your main defense was that I was making assumptions, when really, the only things that could be taken as assumptions were my perceptions of your thread, not me pretending to state any facts about you. So basically, you argue that you aren't proud, and you are so "worldly" and "knowledgeable" that it actually acts as a handicapped, seemingly comparable with a psychic burdened by the knowledge of the exact death of his loved ones. You're stating objective problems with the society we live in, EVERYONE with a brain can understand that conflict occurs with these issues at hand. You are not special in this regard, just because you are the only person with a public rant on these topics on the forum.
-
so i've come to hate the world.
Okay, I am not going to pick out each point you made and tell you my problems with it. I'm just going to say the whole "rant" seemed like a restatement of the current agenda, regurgitated by a melodramatic shoe-gazing teenager. I get a feeling you feel proud to hold so much "hatred", and by declaring it, it makes you feel separate from the people you disagree with. Let me tell you right now it is the wrong approach. Learn to accept that not everyone comes from the same "reality" as you, and are shaped to be wrong or ignorant by your standards by the time they have the opportunity to have their own opinions. Human conflict, deception, extortion, corruption will always exist so long as a government does.
-
umm im having a problem :(
He doesn't deserve to exist because of insecurities? Jesus Christ I feel like I'm in Sparta.
-
umm im having a problem :(
You're going to jail, punk. :thumbup:
-
Mother gives birth to a baby with Anencephaly.
Its like having an EXTREMELY high maintenance plant. I guess if you got the time and you feel attached to it, I don't see why not.
-
I Think I Have a Bully
Just LOL every time he says something rude - his logic does sound kinda hilarious + it will make him feel weak. Even if he punches you or beats the poop out of you, laugh harder. You will win and he will lose the little self-esteem he has left. :mrgreen:
-
Real life pictures - 3
dear gawd, some1 looks different :shock: :P
- Knowledge
-
Real life pictures - 3
Damn Ashevegans edit: im nawt a stalker, I just remember where u live :?
-
North Korea launches a rocket
According to ABC news, North Korea claims it was for broadcasting music. That's code for its for killing large amounts of people.
-
Royal Flush
I played with someone at camp that got a royal flush on the flop in Texas Hold 'Em, everyone folded because he was stupid and went all in. I was the one who shuffled and dealt so I knew he wasn't cheating.
-
Burt's Bees.
Agreed. I just don't like the feel of lotion. :P Some of us need lotion >.>. I suppose its the Italian in me.
-
Burt's Bees.
I always have a tube of burts bees chap stick @ the computer and apply it unconsciously when I'm bored.
- Iphone or Nintendo D.S.I?
-
Interesting/Epic Chemical Reactions?
- 14-year old sex offender
Well, some people on /b/ were trying to find the profile. :-k GTFO my TIF. No /b/ talk here :x Trust me, that wasn't "/b/ talk". It was referencing to /b/. If I talked like people do on /b/ I'd be banned faster than you can read a short novel.- 14-year old sex offender
It is us who "put her in this harsh category" We have such a harsh connotation with "sex offender" that we don't realize things like this should warrant such a title. The media and other sources that define peoples morals create this image of a sex offender as a middle-aged guy raping a 15 year old girl he meets on Myspace. rofl? you know this girl? Tell us more....- Interesting/Epic Chemical Reactions?
This thread was already "/thread'd" by the fact that francium is unobtainable in a stable form as it reacts and breaks down as soon as it comes into existence, therefor is IMPOSSIBLE to see react in water.- 14-year old sex offender
Uhhh no. Child Porno is like... the most illegalist sexytime thing ever. Meh. If she wants to go be a [bleep] then it's her own damn fault - she needs being told that it's a stupid thing to do but she aint really a sex offender. Just a horny teenage girl. #-o I find it stupid people saying "oh shes not a sex offender! c'mon!". By law, she will be a sex offender if convicted. When looking at such situations you really need to not let your biases or emotions get in the way. She did produce child pornography, and therefor has the possibility of being convicted for a sexual related offense - making her a sexual offender.- 14-year old sex offender
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2009/03 ... ex_of.html- LOCK REQUESTED
Crime :thumbsup: Anyways, I keep my secrets secret. - 14-year old sex offender
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.