Monster Hunting: Metal Dragons

There is on ething missing. You said slayer dart and fire blast is worthlless but what breks even at least is fire bolt with chaos gauntlets. This is fast free mage training because the rewards at least outdo the costs (only 180 a cast) this is a great way to train mage. Bring some natures and highalch the lower drops and then just bring runes antifires coins no food because you can always prair if you need it and then tellies

This is defenatly missing from the guide.

stefan

Actually he does mention axes. The plan is to have an empty space in your inventory and pick up a bronze axe from the pirate pub in Brimhaven then drop it after you get to the metal dragons.

I think you are wrong about home tele-tabbies not working during combat.I find that home tele-tabbies work just fine for me during combat. I tested this at blue dragons just to make sure after I read your guide.

I can confirm that anti-fire potion effect does wear off during random (zombie) event.

I always have sound f/x on when fighting dragons and anti-fire effect makes a noise when it wears off, you dont have to wait till you take a hit to find out that its time to re-pot

A very excellant guide. Well done and a big thankyou.

Learned a lot, those metal dudes better run for cover.

=D>

A question about armor/clothing for fighting metal drags.

Since i'm anti-fire, super strength and super attack potting, and praying protect melee, do you think it would be best to dress for maximum prayer bonus or to wear some strength boosting equipment as well? I guess what I want to know is if I go max prayer bonus and pray attack and/or strength as well as protect melee would the trade off be worthwhile?

Good melee guide,

if you really are 90+ ranged I disagree that ranging is slow.

You should really try maximum range bonus gear, anti fire shield, anti fire pots with red chinchompas.

Doing up to 24 damage it goes really fast, of course I use up ammo, but in pots I just need anti fires and of course range pots are nice.

And the chinchompas are "free" from training hunter.

I would say that ranging them with red chinchompas goes 3 times faster or even better than mage with fire blasts or magic darts...

I am 99 mage and range but a bad meleer...So try it a few times to do me a pleasure and make sure to set your fuse right :D .

To set the fuses right, see my post under range guide in this forum.

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

just one point about ranging metal dragons i have had good results using a cross bow ,you can still wield the shield and with the back pack from animal magnatism you dont lose many bolts.I use enchanted bolts emerald do a great job poisening the dragons then switch tp opal or pearl.If you haven't tried enchanted bolts each packs its own little surprise i wont spoil that part for you,but dont be put off by the idea of hunting steel dragons with bronze bolts

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

poorly written, mage barely even mentioned when it should be number 1 tactic.

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

personally i think its written very well.

and everybody has their own tactics, and in Odd's case, i assume he wanted to prevent cost of millions of runes.

Besides saying "poorly written" doesn't help at all, you should say "i dont like the way its written, i think should be like this " and see if we find it any useful

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

and everybody has their own tactics, and in Odd's case, i assume he wanted to prevent cost of millions of runes.
*cough* That would be me, not Odd.

If you bothered even reading the whole thing you'll understand exactly why Magic is NOT the number one tactic.

Directly from the guide:

About 4 days into my week at Iron and Steel Dragons, I began wondering why everyone thought I was crazy for meleeing them. So, I decided to try magic for a short while. I threw on some mystic, grabbed runes for fire blast and magic dart, and made my way to the dragons. It was soon apparent to me that I was barely hitting the dragons any more often than I was when meleeing them. I also noticed how incredibly short-lasted my runes were. I brought enough runes to cast 3k fire blasts or magic darts, and after about 25 Iron/Steel Dragons, I had already used nearly 1000 death runes. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s roughly 10k gp worth of runes per dragon, not even counting the other runes used in the spells.

Thinking this was simply because I used death runes, I tried the same experiment with fire bolt and chaos gauntlets. Again, I found the amount of runes it took to kill the dragons to be repulsing. It took nearly 1000 chaos runes just to kill about 20 Iron/Steel Dragons. ThatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s approximately 7k gp worth of runes per dragon, not even counting the other runes.

Compare all this to meleeing the dragons where I usually use not even one dose of prayer potion per dragon. For the round of dragons I did in order to post an example of an average tripÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s loot in section 7.0, I killed a total of 52 dragons with 40 doses of prayer potions. While doing this trip I killed mostly Steel Dragons and I even accidentally drank 2 doses of Prayer Potions during the trip.

Next time use constructive criticism as Dragontotem suggested.

Nazgul.jpeg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.