CLOSED--Thanks everyone!

Jiller

I plan to become a member once I have finished up a bit of training in certain areas. I would like to save money to buy something better than rune once I have done the quests I need done or do whatever I need to to meet requirements of the weapons. I was just wondering what you guys recommend I save money up for (non-barrows). I am a fan of my rune scimitar, for it is fast hitting and accurate. I am not bound to a scimitar, and don't mind other weapons sometimes. I would appreciate if you recommend 2 weapons with their estimated price. Thanks much!

*EDIT* Please make 3-4, for I now realize a large number of weapons will become available. Please don't list barrows or dragon daggers (will be recieving for free upon joining). Also, I plan to have at least 70 of every melee stat before joining. Thanks again!

ddp++ around 50-60k

dragon scimmy around 100k

dragon battle axe around 170k

those are prices i've seen, not 100% accurate im sure

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

i guess u will start with D long and DD/DDP/DDP++ after doing the quest lost city [i think... i stink i quests]

then monkeu madness for shimmitar

when u have 70+ attack aim for a whip ;)

Fletching/Fishing/Crafting/Firemaking/cooking cape owner

Okay, forgot to mention, I have been a supplier of lobs, logs, and other stuff for a friend who is a member for a while... and he is providing me with a few, what he calls "necessities" and the dragon dagger is one. So, besides that, what should I aim for?

Also, I am upping the number to 3 to 4 recommendations... there is quite a bit for me to choose from. If you could, let me know how dragon weapons perform compared to their rune counterparts, and what rune weapons others, such as whips, compare to (I know, I am a pain in the arse).

Finally, I would really appreciate prices... I know where to look them up, but I don't want outdated prices. Thanks again!

i still recommend the dragon battle axe and dragon scimmy, and a whip after you get 70 attack, which goes for about 1.6m i believe it is now

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

If I have 70 attack when I join, will I be able to instantly purchase a whip and use it, without raising any other stats like slayer (I know that's how you get one from killing... I think...) or without doing a certain quest?

Okay, a couple more questions... Is the whip pretty accurate... like, close to a scimitar? Also, I tend to be a bit reckless... If I die with full rune and a whip, will I keep the whip? I guess I could search it's store price... which I will do, but I figure I'll ask here too. Thanks!

The whip is very accurate O:)

(Like compared to any weapon (if veracs is not counted)) ::'

About the loss of a whip... I know that rune plate protects over it, not sure of legs and other rune stuff...

But I haven't died even once with a whip.

If it gets very laggy, log out. Safe ftw ::'

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

whip for training att and def, and scimmy for training str.

Use whip controlled option for all-at-once! :o :P

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Okay, a couple more questions... Is the whip pretty accurate... like, close to a scimitar?
The whip is more accurate as the scimitar.

Skill N' Chill - The Hawt Fun Sexy and Cool Skilling Clan!

Skill n' chill website: http://skillandchill.freeforums.org/index.php - Clanchat: Skill N C - IRC Chat: #skillnchill

nieuwesiglg4.gif

errrok.jpg

Okay, so I probably can get away with saving up 2 mil and have some left over if I go with whip and dragon scimitar. I think I will definately go with those two. However, a couple new questions arose (SORRY!). I am just curious, why use the scimitar for training strength and the whip for attack and defense? Just wondering what difference it makes what weapon I use for training the certain skills.

cause with a whip you can't train solely strength!

(that's why I recommend using controlled though, no need for a scimmi that way..)

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

a whip doesn't give you the option to just train strength, you can however train all at once, but it splits the 4 xp per damage between them all so i'd rather use the scimmy for strength

whip for training att and def, and scimmy for training str.

Use whip controlled option for all-at-once! :o :P

Even though this topic is closed, I'd like to comment on that...

Isn't it like this? :

Focused on one stat you get 4xp per damage dealt.

Controlled you get 1xp on each stat.

That makes it (hp not counted) 3xp per hit instead of 4xp per hit.

Or is it 1.25xp on att def str and hp?

Because controlled I get 1xp, but 1.25 cannot be seen unless more damage is dealt and then counted... I rarely count the exp...

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]