Fenix Design Logo - A different approach

DementedHero

Well, my mate suddenly decided he wanted something simpler as the bird I was making, so I did.

I dont really mind that he changes ideas often, more work for me, heehee.

I quite fond of this one, and so is he, so Im building a layout around it.

fdlogogreen.png

fdlogogreen2.png

My mate already liked the first one, but I thought it needed something more, so I added another colour, wont be used much in the layout, its mainly there to add a bit of diversity, a bit of colour contrast.

Also adjusted the line of text a bit, seems better this way..

The colours you see in the logo will be the main colours for the layout, except for the blue, its will be used as a sort of pop out colour..To accent certain parts..

Finished most of my exams for this period right now, only a couple easy-as-pie ones to go, so I basicly got a nice bit of free time right now ;)

Helpful comments like last time are appreciated.

Oh, about the last logo, I did not finish it, as my mate all of the sudden wanted something more simple, but luckily I didnt have much time at all to have worked on it, so I didnt, so not much work was wasted :P

I might just still finish the phoenix illustration, but it will be such a thing to do 'when I feel like it'.

tipitsigte0.png

I don't see how the colours correlates to a pheonix. It looks more like leaves than wings; if thats what you were going for. With that aside, the top one looks good, I like everything about it. However I actually dislike the second, it just doesn't look to appealing IMO, too much conflict in colours.

yeah sry but it dosnt look like feathers/wings but more like leaves, coz there kinda stumpy, i also dislike the colours used, blue which represents the cold, couldnt be further from a pheonix rising from the ashes, like the slogan tho, but dislike the rest

-=neo=-

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I choose these colours, because green stands for freshness, as the thing my mate is starting will be a 'young company', get the connection..?

I know these colours do not relate to a phoenix at all, but does it have to?

In my opinion, the colours dont have to relate to the name, although its a nice extra, its not required.. Thanks for your opinions though, I appreciate it..

Ill work on the form of the feathers a bit, perhaps Ill come up with a bit different idea, who knows..

tipitsigte0.png

If the purpose of the banner/logo wasn't for a fenix type thing, I'd give it around 9/10, but yeh, it hardly relates to a fenix, as the colour chice is completely different and the feathers/wings look like leaves... However, I think that'd make a great nature logo :wink: With the green/black and the leaaves and all :lol: Nature was immediately what I thought of when I viewed it..Gj thuogh

Well, it is fairly well-done, and crisp, but it's not terribly original...

So, work on some more interesting/original designs..

Also, I don't really like the gradient effect, they give the appearance of the leaf being cylindrical, which I don't think you want..

IRKAa.jpg

I think that saying that the green color relates to freshness, then saying that you don't really have to relate the color to the name is a bit contradictory....

Before someone identifies with it being a young company, they will (I guarantee you) first relate to the name "fenix". The idea that the green symbolizes that "fresh, young company" is lost in the feathers that look like leaves. The green only adds to this confusion. Colors mean alot of different things and I'm glad you were able to relate some color to it, but I too think that red/orange/magenta might have been better suited here.

I also agree that the blue in there is way too distracting from the green and black scheme. It's cool that you throw some variety in there, but not when it overpowers the design.

That's just what I think. Maybe have a larger feather "whisping" over the top of the FenixDesign text or something... use negative space to create a stem for the feather... just some ideas.

I don't see how saying that the color green means freshness for the new company, and then saying that colors don't have to relate to the name is contradictory at all. He is saying that it's an added bonus if the colors relate to the name, but not a necesity. The green color isn't relating to the name anyway, but rather to the company in general.

I don't really like how the font changes from Fenix to Design. The color changing in the top is fine though. In the bottom I don't like how you have it change colors. Perhaps have 'new generation' in one color, and then "The vision of the' in another color.

In the second design if you're going to use a blue feather, then I think it would be best if you incorporate that color into the main text, or perhaps have the whole bottom text in blue.

Maybe if you're trying to make yourself feel good it doesn't, but one thing you will learn about making logos is that colors ALWAYS mean something. They are carefully chosen and selected. You don't just pick a color because it's an added bonus. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I know a little bit of what I'm talking about.

Maybe if you're trying to make yourself feel good it doesn't, but one thing you will learn about making logos is that colors ALWAYS mean something. They are carefully chosen and selected. You don't just pick a color because it's an added bonus. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I know a little bit of what I'm talking about.
lmao!!

Logos represent your product, if in fact green 'fresh' represents youth, and your products represent youth u dont have to worry about your logo being 'perfect'. Although i do believe 3d graphic artist tend to be more perfectionist then the more spontanious painter. My advice is represent what you are presenting with your logo, not represent your logo with your product.

i love the first one, but i would have to see if the site goes along with your logo/product to judge your second one.

Your logo doesn't have to be perfect?

You're trying to tell me about design and marketing? Please.

It seems to me with a name like "FenixDesign" he is doing some sort of designing. The only product he is selling is himself and his services. Therefore, don't you think it would be a good idea that whatever image people associate with your name, it should be as perfect as it can be?

As I like to say; you aren't ahead, but stop anyway.

Your logo doesn't have to be perfect?

You're trying to tell me about design and marketing? Please.

It seems to me with a name like "FenixDesign" he is doing some sort of designing. The only product he is selling is himself and his services. Therefore, don't you think it would be a good idea that whatever image people associate with your name, it should be as perfect as it can be?

As I like to say; you aren't ahead, but stop anyway.

im not telling you anything about marketing im telling u that his design dosnt have to represent you, perfection can only be obained when well quiet frankly its perfect, after its perfect it represents everyone. and yes... if he is selling himself and his services, well then thats a product right...? :roll:. Art has never been perfect, but in most graphic art it has become perfect becuase 2+2 has and always will = 4. Computers come down to math... isnt that what this topic is about? him making a good logo (the 2) and good product (the 2) and the result, the achieved look (4)??? if not and its about him representing his custumer well then it dosnt represent him. In real life the custumer is always right and the employee has to cope, but in art its about the artist...

Moosh, first keep in mind that what I'm going to say is coming from me, not from me as a mod..

Don't try to argue with Keiphus on this, I assure you that he knows far more about the subject and has much more experience in the professional world.

IRKAa.jpg

Don't try to argue with Keiphus on this, I assure you that he knows far more about the subject and has much more experience in the professional world.

Yup.

I agree with you keiph, so Im working on the colours and shape of the feathers..

tipitsigte0.png

Very nice

I agree with Keiphus, when looking at #1 your eyes angle to the right, but when looking at #2, your left eye gets drawn across by the blue, giving you a sort of cross eyed feeling when looking at the logo. So #1 for me logo wise.

With the text, I think you should just have generation in green, and new in black, (to me it seems to be in a cray colour) or new generation in green with a underline.

~Chaosbringer

Also it'll look a lot nicer if you do each feather individually, so it looks like you actually spent time on it, and not just copy-pasted and rotated a few times..

In regards to the text under the name, I personally think it would look nicer if it was all one color. You want to emphasize everything, not just a word or two.

IRKAa.jpg

Here is what I meant when I said a large feather "whisping" over...

Sorry I couldn't spend more time on this, I'm sure you can be much more creative with the text and other aspects. I think that's like default Tahoma or something... I spent about 5minutes roughing out the feather with my wacom, and then I vectorized my result. The 3 "slices" are just motion lines. I definitely think that if you want a professional result you might have to spend a little bit of extra effort on the feather illustration. (If you still want to go with a feather, that is.)

fd-fenix.gif

Try to cover the other ones with your hand as you view each one. I have found that peripheral vision is a [bleep] and can cause alot of misjudgement.

Also, after saving this and not having time to go back and correct it, I will say that I think the shadow on the word Design is a bit lame, and the colors need help on the text. I would probably incorporate some black into it, most likely the Design text. Then probably have the Fenix text stay the current color. Again, this is just if I was to do it over again, not something I am suggesting you should do to be successful. :)