Mine your Iron, and Keep it too! ~Pictures~

Duck_King2

How To Mine Iron Fast, and Keep it Too!

In this guide, you will discover a new way to mine iron, which (I believe) is something I came up with. Hopefully. In any case however, this guid will cover exactly what you will need to successfully get some quick mining exp., and keep the iron to sell/smelt.

Unfortunately enough, this guide is MEMBERS ONLY.

Requirements:

• At Least 41 Mining - A Bare Mininum of 15, however this route tends to lose effectiveness at that level.

• A Rune Pickaxe - This is one of the more important elements.

• Being able to make/buy dueling rings(Will be covered in next section)

• (Preferred) - Access to a good, reliable internet connection.
  • (Optional) - 40 Hunter for Spotted Cape (Reduces weight, useful.)

• (Optional) - 66 Hunter for Spottier Cape (Reduces Weight Greatly, very useful)

• (Optional) - Boots of lightness, reduces weight by -4kg, useful.

• (Optional) - High Agility level - To regain energy faster.

Preperation:

For this, you will need Dueling Rings.

Dueling rings tend to sell for 5k Each for Fully Charged (8), However, being able to make them yourself is a skill that can be very useful.

First, you must decide on how much iron you actually need.

Perhaps you will need 1k iron, which tends to go for around 100-150 each, 100k-150k.

Unfortunately for you, you will need to be able to do some simple math, preferably with the aid of Calculator!

Persay you need 1,000 iron ores.

In this guide, one trip gets 28 iron ores, uses up 2 dueling ring charges, and therefore, 4 trips per ring.

The Math : 28X4 = 112

Simply Divide the amount of ores you want by 112 to get how many dueling rings you will need.

Getting the Dueling Rings:

Route 1 - Buy them at 5k each, at Castle Wars preferably. (Profit: 6.2k a ring)

Route 2- Buy Emeralds at Castle Wars for 1k each, then craft and enchant. (Profit: 10k per ring.)

Once you've got a suitable amount of rings for how much iron you expect to mine, we can finally begin with the route of mining.

Step 1: Find a crowded World. MostPlayers.jpg Particularly, a world with many players, this lets the ores spawn faster. Warning: If you are mining for experience and cash, you may run into other powerminers. It is advised to switch unless you enjoy a bit of competition. Otherwise, if you're in it for just the money, you can pick up the iron ores they drop. This is much faster than mining it yourself.

Step 2: Get your setup ready, your gear. Do this next to a bank obviously.

What to wear:

whattowearki1.png

As you can see, you want to wield the dueling ring AND the pickaxe, to save space. Note the -3kg weight.

What NOT to wear:

whatnottowearvm6.png

Note how my character is wearing armour, it IS heavy and will be extremely annoying, since you will be running to the chasm mine. The armour is useless, since there is nothing to be killed by, nothing to kill. Unless you're showing off. :|

At Last! The ROUTE!

The Route is simple really, involving teleporting to the Alkharid Duel arena, and running up to the Chasm Mine. Or the Scorpian Pit-like mine.

You should begin with all of your items set, and your ring of dueling should have an even amount of charges, so you will not be stranded in the mine with no tele. :(

In your equipment panel, right click your Ring of Dueling, and select "Alkharid Duel Arena."

operateringofduelingiz7.png

Upon arriving at the duel arena, you can follow your instincts or this map:

pathdb9.png

When arriving at the 3 sided iron rock mining spot, in a populated world, there are two other things you can do:

1: If you want BOTH exp and money, then if there is a person there, switch worlds.

2: If you are only doing this for the money, you should pick up the iron ores dropped, this is MUCH faster than mining it yourself.

Once you have filled your inventory with iron-orey goodness, (28 ores), click on your equipment panel, right click the dueling ring AGAIN, and then select operate, then Castle Wars. Bank your ores, and repeat.

Every time you arrive at Castle Wars your ring should be on an odd amount of charges, or destroyed.

Watch out! Every 4 trips you must take a new ring of dueling, for if you tele back to alkharid with an odd amount of charges on your ring, you may be stranded in the mine with no ring of dueling to get back.

I am myself a user of this route, and it has earned me quite a bit of cash, and helped very much with my smithing.

And so, I conclude this guide, Happy Mining Days, all!

sigggggggcopysx1.jpg

Going for 99 Fletching --> 92/99

Whats the advantages of this over the mines under fally? It is slower, and costs dueling rings

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Cant you just walk from fishing colonery to the mining site outside it?

Quest cape got at 25th july 2007! Did grim tales and mouring end 2 to get same day!

99/99 strength got at 30th september 2007

You could use penance gloves to reduce your wieght as well.

Also if you use glory tele to edgeville you will save quite a bit of cash, and possibly lose or gain time (recharge glory run Versus buy dueling rings).

Apart from those two its a good well laid out guide, with some nice pictures (you'd be surprised on the number of people who don't use pictures in there guide).

8.5/10

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

What about crafting fire runes on the way?

Wow, now that's an idea. It would cut then RC'ing exp down , but pays for the dueling rings.

I might try it myself nice idea.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

seems like a good quick guide, but if you have really nice friends who will run the ores for you and give em back, those are the best. otherwise, great guide, but im f2p...d'oh #-o

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

not bad. something is telling me this isnt the best way to go tho. but hell, wat do i know??? :-#

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

Great guide and info. I read a blog and the guy was mining a full load of iron, glory teleing to Edgeville where he tele'd to Argrouge and then ran to the mines there. It works too, but only if you have the laws.

Good guide, too bad I'm F2P

IMO, the best place to mine and keep iron is west of fally. You run to the mine, take about 1.5 minutes to mine a full load, and run back over the opening in the wall. I have a feeling they're pretty much the same.

perfect grammar is one thing, typing like a drugged monkey and enjoying it is another

AMEN!

it's alright, but you would lose a lot of duel rings

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010