Tip.it Media Board Puzzle Colab!

Chaosbringer

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not to be rude in anyway, but Cameron, I reserved spot 4 in early page six and your request came few pages later. In short, Get out of my spot!! :wink:

And as I see, there aren't any more pieces, so I really want it... :cry:

PS why are you making the pieces .gif? Are you planning to make the final product .gif too? IMO it will look horrible after sqeezing 50 images into 256 colors. We all get about 5 colour per each of our images!! (yeh, I know we can "borrow" but still). Just use .png or 100% .jpg (to get the puzzle piece lines right). Will be a pain to load, not a pain to watch.

ya col i wondered taht too but its started now so we finish this one in gif and do next one in png :? :?

tippuz6wu.gif

thats my one for 29 the whitey thing was orginally pixelation but looks like a border now :wink:

=\ This is what I got from the ones posted here... Oh, and I edited some to clean the up.. (=P I'm especially proud of Froth's editing.. Hehe, you can only barely tell I didn't have the original image to work with. Lots of smudging and pasting, lol) Also some editing on Metalrock's and benne's and very minor on lots of others...

before: http://img41.exs.cx/img41/2479/puzzle15in4ut.gif - Chaos

after: http://net.dinhweb.de/rs/puzzles.jpg - Mine

Oh, and I think Col deserves his spot.

puzzles2.jpg

not to be rude in anyway, but Cameron, I reserved spot 4 in early page six and your request came few pages later. In short, Get out of my spot!! :wink:

Hmm i see :|

Frankly, I'm not much of a media boarder, so I'm quite happy to give up my spot :) If however, later on some people don't submit theirs or whatever, I'd be happy to take one of them.

As for what I was talking about before, it may not be possible any more, since more pieces have been taken - but it depends on how many people actually submit theirs.

puzzle-filled-white.th.gif

I just filled in the leftover spaces with colour to make the white stand out.

Next try, I changed the bg and made it smaller so it was centred:

puzzle-filled-aeolus-center.th.gif

I was also thinking of getting rid of the puzzle bits for the center, so it was a nice sort of curvey square thing - but I figure it'd be too much trouble because of the extra bits you'd have to add to people's images.

Hmm i see :|

Frankly, I'm not much of a media boarder, so I'm quite happy to give up my spot :) If however, later on some people don't submit theirs or whatever, I'd be happy to take one of them.

You should wait until after the cutoff date.. I bet you'll find someone that will drop after that =)

Oh, and no bad feeligns meant to you Water_Faerie, but it's probably a better idea to just let Chaos do the editing. If he keeps the original image in unlimited colour mode, and pasts each seperate gif into it, and then optimises it and reduces the number of colours, there'll be less loss on most of the images.

I support Chaos and believe that gif is a good format to use for this sort of project. While you do have a reduced number of colours, you don't get the blurring thatr you do with jpgs. Jpgs are designed for photos while gifs are more suited to stuff that's drawn.

A png version could also be a consideration, at the sacrifice of filesize.

Oh, and no bad feeligns meant to you Water_Faerie, but it's probably a better idea to just let Chaos do the editing. If he keeps the original image in unlimited colour mode, and pasts each seperate gif into it, and then optimises it and reduces the number of colours, there'll be less loss on most of the images.

I support Chaos and believe that gif is a good format to use for this sort of project. While you do have a reduced number of colours, you don't get the blurring thatr you do with jpgs. Jpgs are designed for photos while gifs are more suited to stuff that's drawn.

A png version could also be a consideration, at the sacrifice of filesize.

Oh, Lol.. I didn't really mean that Chaos should do the project in JPG at all.. I'm just used to saving as JPG.. and that's what I happened to upload the example as. If you notice, I made changes to how the pieces fit in. I just used the comparison to prove my side of the point that JPG generally "looks better".. to djscoobsta. The only reason I put up the edit was because I wanted to see it look a little cleaner when the pieces were put in.

Here you have it.. puz1.jpg >> puz2.jpg

Hehe, it's not like Chaos is forced to use my edit.. Just thought it would be a nice alternative. Sorry you don't think I should help out anymore.. I won't. Since Chaos would rather use his version of the image pieced together, I'm perfectly fine with that and I support what he's doing.

puzzles2.jpg < This is what I posted earlier, Apparently in opposition to what Chaos wants for the project.. For those of you who haven't been following along closely. =P

Theres alot of idea around, and I've decided to do a 2nd puzzle, or rather 2 version. One with the idea that I discussed with Cam, and the other as its going now.

Water_Faerie, I appreciate all the help you've givin me, I'm just a guy with limited artistic talent, You obviously know what your doing, as all I could do was fill in empty pixils. I'd like to get it all done myself, and then pass onto you to do a final edit to clean things up, as I'm a bit of a graphical newbie (sorta)

bah, I didnt realise smellysocks chose 23 before me so count me out of the puzzle 'cos there are no other places where mine would fit.

Sorry

X1nPw.png

--The Ultimate RuneScape Merchanting Website --

Actually Cameron, GIF would not really be such a good choice. With everyone using different colors on each piece, there is no way you are going to have only 256 colors. JPG saved at a very high quality would be better than a GIF. With a GIF you are going to lose a significant amount of color. Save it as a PSD until you get everything, otherwise your JPG will deteriorate. Then save the final piece as the JPG. That's probably the best bet for this type of project.

it would put it anywhere it'll still look great just in a piece whats the same fit

no spaces left with the same fit :P

Edit: 35!!!!!! I will take 35, there is no name next to it, so I will take it :)

X1nPw.png

ill take any spot that there is free but you have to tell me which spot so that i can start making thanks!!!

Neanderslave

Why dont you look yourself? Does mummy and daddy do everything for you aswell?

X1nPw.png

Hideo_kojima, I'd like you to take this seriously, If you can't produce a half decent piece, then I'm afraid that yours wont be included.

I have the right to reject your work if i believe it wont go well with the other pieces, sorry if this seems to tyrannical, but thats the way it goes.

~Chaosbringer

what's wrong with my piece, obviously you have no idea what Lue means....You are mocking me and my ways. I made a piece, put it in a number that was open and now i demand taht you put it there, because descrimination shouldnt be aloud on this board. And since you are discriminating against me, i may just have to pm a mod about it.