Ranging Ahrim-Which Bow?

Death_Dude74

Don't know if barrows is a minigame, but I think this is the right forum.

For the barrows, assume I have 70 ranging (getting it now). Which option is the best?

1)Karil's Xbow (I'd need to buy this) and bolt racks

2)Crystal bow (I have the 2/10) one from Roving Elves, and have about 450k now. I can get the money over time (70 range doesn't come in a day) to recharge the bow though.

3)MSB (I have this, but I'd need to get a good supply of arrows for it, and probably the better (and thus more expensive) ones too. I don't think this option is that great, but you never know.

Regardless, which is the best to range Ahrim?

Thanks TIF.

Sleeping-in-cushionhigh.jpg

Yes, tip.it has Barrows in the mini game section. I would say Karils xbow and bolt racks because bolt racks are items you can get from the chest.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Yes, tip.it has Barrows in the mini game section. I would say Karils xbow and bolt racks because bolt racks are items you can get from the chest.

Bolt racks aren't that common reward, and when you get um its only 50-200 ish bolts. I'd say MSB with mith arrow or better or crystal bow.

maxsig28nv.gif

c bow hands down.

That's what I'm hearing on the coconut telegraph. Sounds like the best choice, now I just need to get range 55->70, and get my crystal bow used up and begin getting it's recharge cost down.

Thanks TIF. Unless anyone else is of a different opinion, this thread can be closed. I'll keep the title for a bit, just to see if anyone else thinks differently.

I have 71 ranged and 2 C bows but I still use MSB and addy/rune arrows. I use runes just bc I have a good amount of them from fire giants ::' But idk maybe I'll go a few runs with C bow and see how much easier it is(it's bound to be).

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

How are you training ranged?

Fire giants give rune arrow drops, have safe spots and have the occasional rune scimmy (rumoured D-med, but never had it). They train fast and you'll get the items you want for barrows: money and/or rune arrows.

I use MSB+rune arows becaus I trained my ranged mainly at fire giants. A C-bow costs too much in my opinion, because I like to be self-sustaining.

To the person who replied to the bolt racks: I know the racks are semi-rare, but how many do you need? You only range Ahrim, which would take some 20 or so shots? That way, you could do 10+ runs with 1 bolt chest loot. So buy the first say, 500 bolt racks, and the barrows will supply the majority of the used rack to you!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I use X-Bow because you get bolt racks from the chest so you basically get free ammo for Ahrim. I get bolt racks in the chest often enough so I don't run out, getting a KC of around 15.

klaus703.png

Barrows drops: 27 - 2 Spears

Dragon drops: 6

Currently I'm training range at bloodvelds with iron knives and full blue d hide until 60. At 60, I am going to to ME1, get full red d hide, and will probably start to train range on slayer tasks.

Current slayer task is firegiants, I will probably be using Chaeldar if anyone has any suggestions as to what range level I should have for her tasks.