pures = pointless?

sirgudi

pures are made to fight people their own level by taking advantage of the combat system, they work very well that way.

Kids Ranqe and Elvemage have a major combat difference, so who would you expect to win. Same thing with frosty and elvemage and spiili and elvemage.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elvemage sucks as a pker, I'm sorry to tell you..

Yes he might pk a few whips, but the fact is, he is no better than a lurer, he lures green drag killers into attacking them, then he farcasts till they die, pretty sad..

Also, Elvemage loses full mystic, few arrows and runes, how does he lose a lot? Are you stupid?

A 99 99 20 will make an idiot out of 85 99 45 anyday, I'd put money on it.

I think half the people that posted in this topic havent even had a high lvl pure. Im 77-88-21 And i [assault] rune pures when i use whip. Idk, i own 1 def pures to, cause half the time they hit 20-1 specs on my ini while im hitting 25-25 on there monks ^.^.

pures own pures...and by that i mean...anyone under 50 def.

but when they atk peeps with dh....there askin for it.

No they aren't the dh dude Is asking for it, do you understand? A 99 99 20 pure with 90 hp is around 95 cmb and the dude in Dh is mmm say.. 80 80 70 or something like that, how many times is 99 attack + a super attack gonna hit through 70 def, my guess is a LOT !

dragonmranger,Ura%20gonener.gif

ura%20gonener.gif

ura%20gonener.gif

well, pures arent completely useless, but they arent exactly hard to kill.

i retired my main and started on my pure, but as soon as i saw how pointless stayng 1 defence was, i turned it into a tank.

with 73 range 50 defence i have very little trouble beating range pures my level, even though they have 90-95 range, because i can use eagle eye and have rune armour.

the problem is, since i have less xp i have lower hitpoints, and get koed a lot easier. (and i've never even pced for anything other than mage and hitpoints xp.) :-k

nudist hippy vegan elves who inexplicably wear leather.

a few years ago and especially before pest control was released, having good "pure" stats was much harder to achieve. with less npc's and not as good meele bonuses, having good stats with low defence was an accomplishment in itself. from pk videos and various posts on different forums, these pures were seen great pkers. players like i mahatma i and 3 hit u were given legendary status. with the release of pest control, players are given the chance to be like there favorite pures.

another thread asked why people keep playing rs, for the most part true pkers play for 2 reasons. one is for there friends, the other for there enemies. the constant battles whether it be mage bank or edgeville. you play so you can show how great of a pker you are. posting whip kills on a forum or pming your best friend you just koed a famous pker. this is why we play.

pures are past their prime, but still usefull. The concept is to take advantage of the level system. Pures have trained much longer than others of their level. Back when I started their were no stats needed for items, and magic/range added to combat level dispite the fact that these were rarely used in combat. Now such things dont inflate your level so pures are much less effective, but well built they are still superior.

Adino_2.png

Say you are a level 88 or so main with 70 70 70, you fight a pure and own him the whole fight, but because of your low strength you can't ko him and right before he runs, he dds's you 30 30 and kills you when you have like half food. Nonpures aren't as good at koing as pures. Also they lose a lot more.

racer3204.png

Say you are a level 88 or so main with 70 70 70, you fight a pure and own him the whole fight, but because of your low strength you can't ko him and right before he runs, he dds's you 30 30 and kills you when you have like half food. Nonpures aren't as good at koing as pures. Also they lose a lot more.

im 75, 70, 79.

nearly 80.

my dds ko can hit up to double 26 -.-

reason kids ranqe loses to elve is cussathe def. BUT, notice he can seem to .KO any1 else, unless the have 70 def. Even if they do, in ona his vids where he ranges, he pwns a torags dude

Generally when i throw up i would rather not have it in my mouth :-X

theyre useless at high lvls.. but lower levels own! woot woot!

personaly i think rune pures should get 70 defense becuase then atleast they wont get hit as much and have high atk and str

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer