~{A complete guide on how to kill Skeletal Wyverns}~

Tomth3bom

Hello! I just reached 72 slayer and I wanted to try out to kill the Skeletal Wyvern's for my first time and trying to get the drop of the rare granite legs. :D

Requirements:

72 slayer

43+ prayer (for protect from melee)

So for everyone out there that wants to kill them but can't find a guide or tips to kill them, I've made a guide.

::[Table of Contents]::

1. What to bring

2. How to get there

3. The methods

4. How to kill them

5. The drops

6. Good bye

1. What to bring

I've made a picture of what I wear when I kill them and what I have in my inventory.

I recommend everybody to bring a elemental or mind shield. The defender/book is not worth it.

inventorygl7.png

If you can't use or cant afford these items, heres what you can bring then:

Helm of Neitiznot / Proselyte helm / Intiate helm / Any god mitre

Amulet of Fury / Amulet of Glory / Unholy/Holy symbol

Fire cape / Obsidian cape / God cape / Treasure trail god cape

Abyssal whip / Dragon scimitar / Dragon dagger (p++)

Verac's brassard / Proselyte body / Intiate body / Monk's robe

Verac's skirt / Proselyte legs / Intiate legs / Monk's robe

Dark gloves / The best gloves from RFD / Family crest gloves

Ring of Wealth / Ring of Life

Climbing boots / Any boots

2. How to get there

The dungeon where the skeletal wyverns are is close to rimmington, I've got a map where I will show you where:

mapwg7.png

The easiest way to get there is to teleport to your house in rimmington and walk, or walk from falador/draynor village.

3. The methods

When killing these skeletal wyverns, you don't want to be close to dying or wasting too much food and concentration on them, so I'm writing down how you should kill them easiest and saftiest.

You need prayer pots and sharks, that's recommended for the first trip ever. Use protect from melee, always and check your prayer often so it doesn't run out. Anyways, this is not dangerous if you have a elemental/mind shield on.

They are lvl 140 and mage/melee based. They can also freeze you in 5 seconds and then you can't move or hit them back. This is nothing to worry about, because it doesn't happens often with the shield on.

4. How to kill them

You need 72 slayer, and the absolutely best way to kill them is by using prayer boosting equipment and prayer pots with some food because you cant protect through magic and melee. When you're fighting them you should use protect from melee and a elemental/mind shield (always). Don't wear d'hide because you'll waste alot more prayer pots and can't stay there for long.

You should always bring a super set and a secondary weapon to spec with on them, that helps a ton.

Another way is to use d'hides and no prayer pots with sharks and the shield. This way can be used by 110+ combat lvls but it's still not recommended because they tend to hit alot more often then you do.

5. The drops

This drops are taken from the tip.it bestiary so I don't take any credit for this information. The items in bold are the best drops you can get of these.

Gold: 22-300

100%: Wyvern bones

Weapon: Black sword, Black axe, Dragon dagger(p+)

Armour: Granite platelegs

Runes/Arrows: Air(30), Water(30), Chaos(10), Blood(7), Law(2,3)

Misc: Pure essence(60 noted), Herbs, Defence potion(3-dose), Shield left half(dragon), Lobster, Bass, Chaos talisman, Cosmic talisman, Uncut gems, Clue(lvl 3)

6. Good bye

That is everything, I hope more will try out to kill these now if you haven't or used a bad strategy, they aren't as bad as many people say.

Happy skeletal wyverns slaying, good bye!

Robolas0 :)

pretty good guide, not thought about these before. maybe some info on safe spots, a pic or 2 of them?

fatdog%2016.gif

fatdog_16.png

la%20vie%20est%20mal,%20mais%20il%20est%20bon%20un%20peu.png

OF course that mother is badly crazy,

but I dont understand why the 22 year old girl wants to live with and have sex with the 13 year boy, just because he is lvl 126 or something?

The elemental/mid shield is completely unnecessary because their ice attack (the one that can hit you for 50+, that the shield blocks) is melee based, mage dmg. so one can use full veracs or a defender and pray melee just fine and you will take little damage

The elemental/mid shield is completely unnecessary because their ice attack (the one that can hit you for 50+, that the shield blocks) is melee based, mage dmg. so one can use full veracs or a defender and pray melee just fine and you will take little damage

Are you sure that's right? i thought their attack worked similar to metal drags: mage attack if you're standing far away and melee if your on the adjacent square. Thats nother thing that could be added to the guide... there would be no need to safespot them because they will stand on thye same square much like a metal drag, if you want to mage/range them just stand 2 sqauares back.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

Another quick way to get here is via the fairy rings.

Code AIQ / 003 brings you to Mudskipper point, and is just slightly south of the entrance.

(This code is also the closest prayer recharge point to a fairy ring)

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

there was 1 safespot... by using longrange on your crystalbow... :wink:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

there was 1 safespot... by using longrange on your crystalbow... :wink:

A pic would be nice :) Btw guys, im gonna try out using some new strategys now... So if I come up with a good one, I will edit the topic and add it.

Are you sure that's right? i thought their attack worked similar to metal drags: mage attack if you're standing far away and melee if your on the adjacent square. Thats nother thing that could be added to the guide... there would be no need to safespot them because they will stand on thye same square much like a metal drag, if you want to mage/range them just stand 2 sqauares back.

This is correct, I typically slay them in full Verac.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

I used the following lay out and killed about 15... tho i forgot to repot my defence when it ran low, and i used my natural prayer up before leaving..

Veracs skirt gives melee def as well as prayer bonus.

I guess this layout isnt very good cause of the small number you kill... but if you don't want to use p pots you could try this layout.. plus you can have noted sharks in your inventory and after a trip you can tele back to house, un-note the sharks using your demon butler, and pray then go back for another trip.

With my Stats

If you use 20 monkfish and kill 12 thats about 600gp per skelatal wyveren killed.

If you use 20 sharks and kill about 15 thats about 1000gp per wyveren killed.

If you use 1 dose of p pot per wyveren thats about 2.6k (8k/3doses) per wyveren.

db53340972.jpg

Another fairly good way to get there is to home tele (or glory to Al-Kadrid) then go to Shanty Pass. Talk to Shanty and say you are a bandit. He'll lock you in jail. Refuse to give him 5gp and you may access your bank AND get transfered to a "high security" prison in Port Sarim. Just pick-lock the door and you are directly north of the saves.