E-mail from Jagex

RuDuDe2202

Recently (about a month ago if that counts :mrgreen: ) ive been getting emails from "jagex". It said something about my account was logged infrom a different country/had a different IP adress. I thought this was very strange. It said "use the following link to verify that this is your account" or something like that. I got the same email like 4 times. Then after getting thousands of the same email, the final one said "your account has been locked". I thought this was weird cause earlier that day, i was able to log in. I logged in again and it worked. I did this all on my main.

Anyone know what this is? I know that i logged in from Japan 2-3 years ago but why would an email come NOW? Could it be for my other account that i logged into a site saying "free phats, GP d chains!!" that i forgot i registered my email on or could this all be some scam/hacker/guy with no life thats trying to hack me?

It's a scam if it came in your email and not your ingame inbox. If it has a link, dont click it, it probably has a keylogger.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

yes its a fake, there just trying to get your password., if it isnt an email sent threw your runescape via mail then it is a fake anyways, jagex only contacts you threw that.

lol you "threw" me off for a second. You mean through? the thing was that the link actually sent me to the RS website where you log in for account recovery.

I changed my password a lot after it and did virus scans so that kinda worked

yes its a fake, there just trying to get your password., if it isnt an email sent threw your runescape via mail then it is a fake anyways, jagex only contacts you threw that.

lol you "threw" me off for a second. You mean through? the thing was that the link actually sent me to the RS website where you log in for account recovery.

Yeah, even if it sends you to the rs website, it more than likely still has a keylogger on it.

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Ironically, i just checked my e-mail and look what i found, another e-mail!

Its the exact same as last time, i dont know if its against the rules but ill post it here.

Reply-To : "Runescape Support"

Subject : Account verification

Hello,

Recently we have found major changes in your IP address. Our logs show us that

your account was used from different countries. We suppose that your account

could be shared and it is against RuneScape rule 6. Rule 6 states that each

account should only be used by ONE person. Account sharing is NOT allowed. You

may not sell, transfer or lend your account to anyone else, or permit anyone

else to use your account, and you may not accept account that anybody else

offers you.

To prove that you are true account owner, you have to do these following steps:

1) go to the RuneScape account support by clicking this link:

EDIT: Link removed. Please do not post links to any suspicious sites - McGuff1

2) fill the form, enter as much information as you can and submit

3) we will answer through message center and e-mail in a few days

Many thanks,

The RuneScape Customer Service Team.

------------------

FAKE EMAIL WARNING:

-Because email isnt very secure we only use it to verify account users. If you

receive any other email then it is a fake and should be deleted.

-ALL our emails have this warning message at the bottom

-Our emails will NEVER have attachments of any sort

-Jagex staff will NEVER ask you for your password

Recently (about a month ago if that counts :mrgreen: ) ive been getting emails from "jagex". It said something about my account was logged infrom a different country/had a different IP adress. I thought this was very strange. It said "use the following link to verify that this is your account" or something like that. I got the same email like 4 times. Then after getting thousands of the same email, the final one said "your account has been locked". I thought this was weird cause earlier that day, i was able to log in. I logged in again and it worked. I did this all on my main.

Anyone know what this is? I know that i logged in from Japan 2-3 years ago but why would an email come NOW? Could it be for my other account that i logged into a site saying "free phats, GP d chains!!" that i forgot i registered my email on or could this all be some scam/hacker/guy with no life thats trying to hack me?

its a scam, ignore it, jagex never contacts u beyond the ingame msg center

- u must have entered ur email at sum site and they just start sending this to whoever they know plays rs

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

Look on RS, security advice,

You will find you won't think twice,

There is no doubt this is a scam,

Go to you inbox and mark it as spam.

:thumbsup:

Don't follow me. You might not make it.

All your accounts are belong to us now.
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator

Omg, seriously... Does this even need discussion?

Omg, seiously... Maybe he didn't know.

It is most definitely a fake. Don't bother clicking any of them, and get yourself a new e-mail address.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.

Omg, seriously... Does this even need discussion?

Omg, seiously... Maybe he didn't know.

It is most definitely a fake. Don't bother clicking any of them, and get yourself a new e-mail address.

OMG its called my IQ is atleast over 6 unlike most people who play runescape. It was probably my other account. END DISCUSSION before more people get anal about "ZOMG L1ek d0nt c1ic da l1nk!!111" or "0mg ur such a nuuu000wweeb"

By the way, theres supposed to be a slogan that says "dont enter your runescape password on other sites!!" but the image is X'ed out.