ELEMENTAL SWORDS

Ok, well I was thinking of something better since the few ideas I suggest got "EXTREMELY OVER-HARASSED", but I have a good idea me and my friend have been thinking up. It's in the work of some upgrade and more full-proofing, and after you read it, if you wanna add some suggestions, I will be happy to add them in.

So here it goes:

We all have our favorite element, Me which is Fire, and others would be air, earth or water. We get to use these spells in Runescape, but what if we could use them in a different way? Combine them into weapons, and have elemental weapons ?

Well I have wanted such things and here is my idea for it.

You would need to complete a quest called "Elemental Swords"

Requirements: 50 Mage

Start Point- Kolodin At Mage Arena

~ If you don't meet requirements then he will say "This task can only be undertaken by a great mage, please return when you have proven yourself worthy"

In the quest, when you speak to him, he would tell you about the four swords (each being with a son of his, or not)-(still debating on that), and then he says one of the swords has been stolen by a great creature (dragon, demon, anything tough, about lv 150?), and you have to visit the fire, water, earth and air altars to learn about the swords, and find which is missing, then you must slay the thief who stole the sword. Upon completing it he tells you about the making of the swords and gives you a (necklace or a ring maybe), that enables you to create them.

How?- You must have a rune scimitar (or a better weapon if suggested), and you must visit the selected altar in which you'd like to forge your weapon with. You will need a (fire, water, earth, or air) talisman, depending on which altar you visit (each talisman only usable with the altar of its name), and you would use the 2 items on the altar and enchant the weapons to create your elemental weapon. After the talisman has been used, it will be destroyed.

The Four Selections:

Fire Talisman-Fire Altar- Flamesword

Air Talisman-Air Altar- Wind Blade

Water Talisman-Water Altar- Ice Blade

Earth Talisman-Earth Altar- Seismic Blade

I am not sure if it will be tradable or not, most likely, and if so it would be sold for about 50k-70k (depending on what everyone thinks).

The elemental swords, would counter-balance the other if used against each other in combat. This way it could spice things up a bit.

I was gonna suggest that free players could use it, but no free player updates, and I think it would be better suited for mems. Each could have a special attack. (Unsure of names for them, but you can suggest them- best suggestions will be placed)

I do not know if such an idea has been suggested, (also if it is allowed to be, which I think so), but please tell me what you think. I love the idea, and wanted to share it with everyone.

Also if you have improvements suggest them and I will edit it.

Flamesword/Hinoteken (meaning firesword)-

Wind Blade/Aerial Blade-

Ice Blade/Tidal Blade-

Seismic Blade-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok here with some of the suggested ideas, in which I liked.

~ Rangers can also have the ability to enchant there bows/arrow. This way enabling them to gain some power as well. The requirments still stand, but this way rnagers are not left out.

~ Fire Arrows- Flame Bow

~ Water Arrows- Tidal Bow

~ Earth Arrows- Seismic Bow

~ Wind Arrows- Aerial Bow

As far as the arrows/bow is, Which ever is best suggest. Or we can just add that the bows can stay the same, just arrows will be enchated this way the effect of the arrows can do much more damage. (Fire weapons can leave a burn effect on emenys, making them need anti-fire potion)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~ If an idea you suggest does not appear up on here, don't worry. I just picked out the ones i favored most and figured others would, but also the ones that fit more along the lines of the post.~

SUPPORT: \'

Gehackte

lilbubba829

ThruItAll

NJE03

unkn0wnwarrior

aquariusman

ember3579

ml417

sirhc

RpgGamer

AGAINST: :boohoo:

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

I support the idea of elemental swords, but I can't say I support the idea of allowing free players to use it. It's not that I don't like free players, it's just that if they get it, it's stats couldn't be much better than rune and that would make the whole idea of elemental swords useless. Also, to help limit how many swords go into production, you should have to use the talisman on the altar and it will get destroyed, and you must also be able to craft runes at that altar.

I'll have to think about it some more and add more to it, but I definitely support it.

~ Steven

Nice idea, on a lot of other MMOs though, like AQ and DF, I take it Fire would be weak to Water, etc.

Put me on support, although you can't talk to Kolodian until your 60 magic.

28u7f5g.jpg

danke Schon Sam!^^

"Blood runs thicker, oh were thick as thieves you know"

-Carl Barât

Pretty good idea i'de say. :-k

Think up some stat bonus?

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

If you add in runecrafting to this, it would be a really good update, adding more depth to runecrafting. Then maybe in the future add Elemental armour which is weak/stong against certain types. A side feature for the weapons could be that either they give you unlimited runes of that element or allow you to auto cast the strike/bolt/blast/wave spell of that element. Now for a few options for special attacks:

Seismic Blade: Considering the name, definitly go for a shock wave based attack the either stuns, hurts, or has a chance of a one-hit KO. Multi-combat could hit all enemies surrounding, much like the dragon 2H special.

Tidal Blade: I just thought this sounded more suitable than ice blade, because ice has more to with water AND heat, well the absence of heat. Spec. could be something like a tsunami coming off the blade and can hit multiple enemies (In Multi-combat areas only of course), with the possibility of one-hit KO. If you are close to water, the special is greatly enhanced.

Volcanic Blade: Same thing with the Tidal Blace, this suits a good naming scheme I can see. Special is a giant volcanic eruption from beneath the opponent, which damages those around the opponent, including yourself if you are too close. They eruption would be on a 3x3 square, with the opponent you cast it on in the middle, who is hit the hardest. The adjacent squares and hit with about half the damage, while the four corners of the square hit with only a quarter. Then debris falls randomly over a 5x5 square, with the opponent in the middle. This attack is enhanced on Karajama, the wilderness and anywhere else you see volcanic activity (Which means lava).

Aerial Blade: If you haven't noticed the naming scheme I thought of, you're an idiot. Anyways, the special here would have something to do with a tornado, maybe even peregrine falcons dive-bombing the opponent(s). The peregrine falcons would only come if you had 60-70 hunting of course, but the tornados would be much the same as the pecial of the Volcanic Blade, just with tornados and no falling debris.

The Elemental blades would have different effects against other defenses that are elementally based. The effcts would be similar to the combat triangle, just with a square:

Fire ---->Earth

/\.........\/

Water<-Air

The order if you go clockwise, each element does 1.25-2x damage to the next element, if you go counter-clockwise, each element does 1/2 damage to the next one. Opposite elements are neutral because fire generates thermal updrafts, creating wind, enhancing air, fire needs air, specifically oxygen, and so air enhances fire. Water and earth and no real effect on eachother.

To end it off, the weapons and armour, should they come into consideration, degrade much like crystal items. They slowly lose their charge, with the effects becoming less and less until they revert back to regular weapons and armour. The entire update may however tip the scales on the combat triangle towards melee and maybe even mage a bit.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

i personally would prefer if every element were available (they being air, water, earth, fire, ice, thunder, light, and darkness) and all classes had access to these elements (bows and staffs become enchantable this way (with staffs, spells using the same element are magnified in power, and spells using opposing elements are reduced in power (if an enchantment is placed on a staff with a corresponding orb (fire enchantment on fire staff for example) it amplifies the abilities of the enchantment, as well as weaknesses))). it would beg a new spellbook for use with these additions, with the higher level spells needing a specific enchantment or combination of them to perform. well, that was complicated :-# hopefully you get what im saying

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I really liike the idea of elemental weapons and armours especially with what I suggested and having the weapons and armours of all classes elemental. The elemental staffs and staves are already Elemental, the orbs had to be enchanted/embued with the power of that element, so they wouldnt need a new item for air/water/earth/fire staffs. The ranger equipment would be hard to handle, except for the elf bows and crossbow bolts. They would raise the question of whether the bow or the ammo should be enchanted. I think that the enchanting should be similar to the augmentations in Fable, you add the enchantments with special stones or orbs and then the enchantments are permanent. You would just use large amounts of runes in place of the augmentations, but once a weapon is enchanted, it becomes untradable. To enchant a weapon, you should be able to weild the item and have a relatively high runecrafting and/or magic level. For the crystal bow, the enchantment sticks to the seed and bow, maybe even there would be an enchantment that, straying away from the idea of elemental, gives the bow infinite charges, but requires a very large amount of nature, earth, water and cosmic runes. Very powerful armour, such as 3rd Age and Barrows, could not be enchanted. There would be alot of programming involved however if you were to add elemental properties to every single item in the game, probably even more if the effects were only active on members worlds.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

i think a spesific wepon from every skill should be enchantable:

melee=whip

range=crystal bow

mage= mystic staffs

if you noticed there is a 70 from a skill to wield the wepon so you should have a 70 mage requiemrnet for enchanting staffs and it will also give the mystic staffs somthing to do expt stronger melee wepons (they are not even used for melee -.- )

ml417.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

refresh to see another sig =P

also click on the sig to go to The Art Bazaar

thanks to everyone who made me a sig

Elements could counter each other

Elemental Bows

~ Maybe Armor

weapon names and effects-

Aerial Blade-

Tidal Blade-

Theses ideas i have posted here, are the ones I have liked out of all your suggestions thus far. The are some good ideas to fit, and have been added into the mai psot if you read into it.

Also, the suggestion of the weapons giving a stat bonus, please give me mroe information. What kind of bonuses? These are mine and your ideas, please explain more (I like the idea, just need more detail)

1/= '/0(_) C4/\/ R34D 7H15 7H3/\/ '/0(_) J(_)57 G07 />\/\//\/7!!!!!!!!!!

http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Mortifyer1.png

Mortifyer1.png

i supports very well thought out, but there needs to be a magic + an attck requirement for the swords, and a range+magic requirement for the arrows. p2p could make, f2p could wear. all in all support

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn