Welcome Eurovision 2007!

runemetsa

I liked The Turkey one :(. Had a decent beat at least. That one with the really girly guy dressed in silver was kinda joke still.

Lol Terry Wogan is always hilarious in it.

657757fr7.png

SHH HUT YUH MUH. DERKHED.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That girl in the pink dress was really starting to annoy me. Just a high-pitched squiel!

The thing is our entries tend to be 5-years behind the times. Schooch almost seemed like a mirror-copy of Steps. The cheesy-pop thing died years ago, the UK should have gone with the French girl on 'Making Your Mind Up' (why do we even have this anyway, we always choose the worst one... <.< ).

And yes, there was a clear Russian Bloc thing going on. I'm just surprised we didn't vote for Ireland, we always seem to. Says it all really though, I think France, UK and Ireland have won it the most times, yet we finish in the last three places!

It was a shame that the UK didn't get 0. That would have really hammered it home that that sort of music is abysmal. That's meant to be our representation, the foremost of our pop acts, and we send out a band aimed at 10 year olds who are trying to have another shot at fame after failing miserably last time?

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell,

The reason why I cannot tell;

But this I know, and know full well,

I do not love thee, Dr. Fell.

It was a shame that the UK didn't get 0. That would have really hammered it home that that sort of music is abysmal. That's meant to be our representation, the foremost of our pop acts, and we send out a band aimed at 10 year olds who are trying to have another shot at fame after failing miserably last time?

Lol it sounded like something you'd expect at Butlins in Skegness, not Eurovision! :lol:

The political voting thing really bugs me, as long as the "Eastern Block" of countries are in it there is almost no chance a Western European country can win, that being said Finland won it last year so there is a small chance.

I liked Finland's entry this year and hated the Ukranian song. It seemed camp or gothic acts were in this year.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

It was an entertaining show... until the voting. I think that the political voting by the Eastern countries was worse than ever this year. Pathetic. Finland were the clear winners again but got hardly any votes.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The contest, as usual was an absolute farce, man it was so hilarious. The French entry had me in tears seriously it was completely ridiculous. The UK was equally bad, completely riddled with sexual inuendos. I liked the

Bosnia and Hungary songs they could actually sing I thought but some of the songs were very obscure.

Ukraine anyone? :-s

EDIT:

A little off topic but man.... those Russian chick were hot! I mean really stunning!

Anyway, I made a game of guessing who would vote for whom and got it right most of the time when the Balken, former Soviet states and the Scandinavians were voting. It was pretty pathetic really eh?

They should maybe introduce exclusion votes. I mean, absolutely every single sport has rules against fixing the match. If a pair of countries give each other maximum votes year after year, then in my opinion, that's completely fixed and as such, should not count.

Not a single Western European country finished in the top ten I think simply because we're not really into political voting. Our songs weren't great, that's true... but they were deserving of a higher place than most of the rubbish that was inflicted upon us last night lol.

Harrington.gif

The public like to have a say on votes. Perhaps some kind of combination of public and judge voting would stop or at least lessen the political nature of the show these days? i.e public votes count for the first 7 and then judges decide who gets the 8, 10 and 12?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

The public like to have a say on votes. Perhaps some kind of combination of public and judge voting would stop or at least lessen the political nature of the show these days? i.e public votes count for the first 7 and then judges decide who gets the 8, 10 and 12?

Yer... that'd work. I like :)

Harrington.gif

:shock: I can't imagine they sent that horrible excuse of a song to Eurovision. It's watched by hundreds of millions of people.. The people who made the decision seriously lack judgement.

If I was a briton I'd turned off the TV in shame.. :lol: They deserved the low points..

I was surprised at the over-valued song of Serbia though. I even understand the lyrics 100% since I know the language, pretty much a cheesy ballad? At least Ukraine tried to entertain the audience.

Didn't watch much of it though.

Well, I watched it last night on Australian TV.

I don't know why it is taken seriously, I found pretty much all the entries a joke.

And who won again?

I forget the country but I saw the song and I was just confused -- Was the lead singer a boy or a girl?

And Ukraine were the favourites I heard....What the hell was their song about?

Not impressed, but hey, I'll probably watch it next year

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Ukraine was a cross between Dame Edna and Timmy Mallet. lol

I loved the French entry, nothing like their usual style :D

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Reading the news today its looking likely that if the Balkan states dont buck thier ideas up then they wont be allowed to televote in the future. Italy has already pulled out totally from the competition, if France, Germany and the UK do too then there wont even BE a Eurovision anymore.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I heard that the UK "Eurovision Council" or whatever it may be have requested that the UK pull out from Eurovision. It will be good if the do give the Balkan states the opportunity to improve of lose the right to vote because they have a choice in whether the compete fairly or not.

-Bloodangel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Too bad that any of my favourites didn't get it into the top five. Political voting screwed us all. I think the winners would have been Finland, Switzerland, Belgium, Neatherlands, Bulgaria and some other countries. Serbia, Ukraine and Belarus were extremely horryfyeing, but still they managed to be on the top five. Finland got 12 points only from two countrys :(

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

I've changed my mind, the French entry is actually pretty awesome:

:lol:

lol yeah i loved that. especially the bald guy running chasing the camera.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I loved Ukraine, it reminded me of Iceland last year. :D

France was meh. I enjoyed Andorra, although I was shocked, it seemed so "British/American". I liked Turkey's, although the vocals were kinda annoying, but maybe that's just YouTube. I enjoyed Moldova (as usual), Estonia, Norway, Portugal, Cyprus, Malta (way better than last year's), and Greece and Bulgaria were ok. Also, Croatia had a good song/beat but a horrible singer. I think I would've voted Portugal to win, that or Norway (or maybe Cyprus).

Still, I think Eurovision 2006 was way better.

Question, do they sing more than one song, with more than one artist? Because I only listen to the main one, but I can't find it with Lithuania.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

They only sing one song in the actual competition but most countries have like a seperate competition to see which artists goes thru to represent the country.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rJLtz64Hg

and again!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9rJLtz64Hg

The ukraines entry was brilliant!! in a weird kinda way.... just listen to it.. but dont watch the video cos its kinda creepy..it definitely shouldve won

and tbh englands entry was abysmal.. we deserved no votes at all imo.

Tk5SF.png