Some Ideas To Make Skilling More Efficient In The Long Run

Phyrexial

So I have been playing Runescape for 6 months now (I actually made my character A lot earlier, but got bored of Runescape fast and quit) and I came to see that before you start "Skilling" on your main there is alot of work to do. All of my ideas and thoughts are just based on how I look at the game and think it should be played all thoughts and ideas (good and bad) are welcome, so most of you just pick a random skill and wish to level it up? I think back on my days of picking random skills and just trying to level them, getting bored quick and switching skills, and I came up with a solution that most Runescape players never do. I decided to level all of my skills to the level which gives the maximum amount of experience per hour while also getting my skills to the levels which meet quest requirements, why do this? Well here are some reasons that I thought.

1)With all skills meeting quest requirements I can actually complete all quests without skilling for quite some time.

2)After I get my quest cape I can now pick any skill and get maximum experience per hour so I can now hop right into it.

3)I can go anywhere in Runescape use every teleport every item and go to and from any area which you needed a quest for.

4)I will gain some knowledge of how to train all of my skills in the best possible way before I actually go into the long weeks on training.

5)I will gain knowledge of the areas of runescape that I have not been before because a quest was needed.

6)I will not waste time because my skills will be at the level needed already to yield maximum experience.

What requirements you will need before you start to get into "Skill Mode" and a good reason why it should be at that level.

Agility-75- There is two reasons for this to help with the quests where agility is needed (Mournings End & Olafs Quest) and at level 75 you never fail at the ape atoll course.

Cooking-75- The requirement for RFD is 70, but 75 you don't burn lobsters.

Construction-60-Teleport room and a mounted glory is all you really need, but getting 275k experience shouldn't take long.

Crafting-61-63- Get this to 63 for Green D-Hide 61 is for Quests.

Farming-50+- This can be much lower as you only need it in the high 40's, but if you plants a few rounds each day it should be much higher.

Firemaking-60+- Just burn all of your willows left over from the thousands you use in getting your fletching to 70 shouldn't take long.

Fletching-70- Yew longs nothing else to be said use willows from woodcutting.

Fishing-76+- Fishing can be quite boring and tiresome you can go much lower, but I would love to fish sharks before I start powering it, and the fish you get can be used to train slayer.

Herblore-60- I say 60 to round it off the quest requirement is lower, but if you save your own herbs from farming you can make a nice profit from Prayers/Super Strengths as well as not paying for anything, but seconds and vials if your to lazy to buy them from the general stores.

Hunter-63+- Level 63 allows red chins, but I would go higher so I could use the spottier cape and I could catch them faster.

Magic-70- High Alch the entire way can go higher if you Barrow/Dk ability to use ahrims.

Mining-70- Just use iron ore all the way bank them all also saves alot of cash smithing all you need is forging rings, and you don't have to buy any ores this is also around 20k ores.

Prayer-60- Might take awhile, but is well worth it in the long run don't buy bones train at dragons for a week or so.

RuneCrafting-75+- This is for two reasons the giant pouch and to buy your equipment for slayer Guthans/Dharoks/Whip/Torags Etc It makes tasks so much faster and gives yourself a real sense of pride.

Smithing-68- Quest requirement and the ability to make full mith this might get boring but is worth it.

Theiving-71- Just plunder your way here it's quite fast and this room should allow you to get decent amount of experience per hour I would say 100k+

Woodcutting-80- You need around 20k willows for 70 fletching and use the rest on firmaking should get around 9-10k extra for firemaking.

Attack-70+- I say 70+ it's all preference 70 at the least just to use a whip and barrows gear.

Defence-70+- Same as attack except you can use the barrows armors.

Strength-70+- Allows you do hit a decent amount the higher the better.

Range-70- Only reasons for this is to use Karils/Black D-hide/Crystal bow

Hit Points-70+- This is really based on what the rest of your combat skills are I really suggest at least 70

Slayer-60+- If you train combat all the way with slayer you should reach 65-70+ before you hit 90 combat never train combat without slayer.

I suggest you be at a minimum 85 combat I even suggest you be 110+ combat before you start skilling because it opens up things you can't do at a low combat level some examples are Dking/Barrowing/Kqing/Metal Dragons/Abyss Runecrafting made easier also

I hope you guys feel for my ideas and please list some of yours this is not a guide or anything I just want to have a debate the following.

Thanks and I hope you all have the kindness to actually read this and post some great questions about SKILLING and what makes it more efficient.

I have by no means finished all of what I wrote, but I plan to and I hope what I say really does work for me and what I intend to do in the future.

Arma Hilts-2

Bandos Drops-22

Zamork Hilt-1

Dragon Drops-122

Dk Drops-47

Whip Drops-10

99's-Herblore/Prayer/Fletching/Crafting/Constitution

2200 Total in under 100 days played

My Blog :D http://forum.tip.it/topic/301717-jessomephyrexials-blog/#entry5018330

if you have quest cape you will have the cook gauntlets and i believe you stop burning lobbies at 70 or so.

it's 64 w/ gauntlets, 74 without.

I think it's excellent to have well rounded stats, as training every skill brings much more diversity into the game. Completing all the quests is great too :)

Maybe write down some techniques for faster skilling too?

=D> Not bad but due to school I can't farm lots of rounds per day :cry:

Trees, Trees, and more trees!

On topic: this is an interesting thread, and i mostly agree with the ideas you share...

Thesmallone9.gif

Lately I've been more into skilling. I've remained at the 94/95 combat mark for almost a year now, I only ever train combat now through minigames and slayer to make it more fun :thumbsup: Combat just gets boring after a long time of playing. Castle Wars, Barbarian Assualt, Pest Control and slayer are the only way for me to go now. Skilling has become big thease days. High level skillers can access heaps of things, level 3 skillers though can't...

happysigbp0.jpg

its very helpful to stay at a certain combat level only working on skillz then you can powertrain combat without looking like a nub..

like i was 92 for awhile and combats 93 96 97 98 99 lasted less then 2 days...

StarViv.png

• 1 month later...

Yeah some of your requirements are a lil high to 'power train', Im going to go with a dirty great big gaping one, runecrafting.. For you to hit your goal of 75 rcing (assuming your bang on the level 58 mark you need to craft...

noobud2.png

(sorry for useing the rhq calculators :P)

Now don't get me wrong I think the work you've done is good, just you set some a lil high, personally for rcing I'd recomment level 54+ maybe (fast free laws [power leveling]) as thats if you rc yourself around what 100 hours sooner?

Solo GWD'er

Drops: Bandos Hilt x 1/ boots x 1 / Steam staff x 1 / Shards x 9

99 Str/ 99 Att/ 99 HP (More to come...)