Lock Please

It was foolish of me to expect some well written analyses on Metallica's work. Another dissapointment.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Well, You can add another one to the "old"

But i really can't understand why you would make this thread, for if you have ever talked to anyone that liked Metallica then you would know that noone ever says they like new Metallica more than old. Its kinda true with every band. The people that have been listening to a band for years always say they like the older music than the newer.

------------------------

sword metal.com

2mfk6iq.gif

That's like asking do you like Fresh food or out of date food. The old was fresh, the new is crap.

I recently watched the 'Some Kind of Monster' Metallica documentary and I have to say I don't think thier new stuff is all that bad. Compared to thier old stuff you could say it's a slip in quality, but in my opinion it's still worth a listen.

That's like asking do you like Fresh food or out of date food. The old was fresh, the new is crap.

I recently watched the 'Some Kind of Monster' Metallica documentary and I have to say I don't think thier new stuff is all that bad. Compared to thier old stuff you could say it's a slip in quality, but in my opinion it's still worth a listen.

I defy anyone to listen to The Outlaw Torn from Load, or Fixxxer from ReLoad to say that it's 'crap'.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

Both although, if i have to pick one mainly, its gonna always be old. Metallica runs through my blood and is my favorite bans, but, sometimes, they do sound horrible, mostly when james has his voice wrecked from tours, or when lars gets overly drunk/high.

I defy anyone to listen to The Outlaw Torn from Load, or Fixxxer from ReLoad to say that it's 'crap'.

Yeah, I probably did word that wrong. Perhaps I should have put 'comparatively crap'

A handful of good/ok songs and dozens of total crap in latest 10 years and few cd's just doesn't give them the respect they'd deserve.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

A handful of good/ok songs and dozens of total crap in latest 10 years and few cd's just doesn't give them the respect they'd deserve.

Yeah, theres good songs on the Load, Reload, etc. albums, but its just not worth buying with all of the filler.

Furthermore, I don't think St. Anger had one good song on it ,at all...

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

Yeah, theres good songs on the Load, Reload, etc. albums, but its just not worth buying with all of the filler.

Although their newer albums aren't as good as their older ones, I would say all their albums are worth buying,(or these days downloading).

------------------------

sword metal.com

2mfk6iq.gif

Although their newer albums aren't as good as their older ones, I would say all their albums are worth buying,(or these days downloading).

If some random band published an album like Load, ReLoad or so on, I wouldn't even download it. Because it's Metallica, my old time favour and the band that has had a huge impact on me, I even wasted my euros on St. Anger.

signaturehoh.jpg

Old, without a doubt.

This same arguement could be applied to the vast majority of bands though.... very few bands actually improve with age lol. I think they just run out of ideas.

The few exceptions I can think of maybe The Chili Peppers

Harrington.gif

This same arguement could be applied to the vast majority of bands though.... very few bands actually improve with age lol. I think they just run out of ideas.

At least Iron Maiden has stayed at the top and not abandoned their old and working style :P

signaturehoh.jpg

Maybe the topic should be changed to old bands VS their newer stuff. It may prove to be more of a discussion topic.

As for Metallica, I dig a few of their new songs, but their older stuff reigns surpreme. Especially Kill 'Em All, ...And Justice For All.

thesip2.jpg

It really has

At least Iron Maiden has stayed at the top and not abandoned their old and working style :P

Yer, it's a shame so many bands sell out eh? Oh well.

Harrington.gif