Guitar Hero/Rock Band Discussion thread

Karmastocracy

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New free DLC is out, actually quite good.

Just choked on Jimi, -1. 860 note streak just simply forgot to strum. Would have been the first FC on the 360 :( Was my 2nd playthrough of the song too, :wall: :wall:

[hide=CHOKE]DSC00298.jpg[/hide]

:(

Blahhhhhhhggg, internet mobile cards SUCK. It takes like 6 hours to upload anything to YouTube. So my Ramblin' Man vid still isn't up.

But I took my Wii to a house with networked internet, and got some DLC.

Both guitar duels

Electro Rock

Anything

Salute Your Solution

Hold Up

Life In the Fast Lane

Hot Blooded

No Rain

All of them are pretty fun. I would have gotten more, but my bro lost his 2 gig SD card and the only other one I could find was 256MB. It can only hold 10 songs. We're going to need that 2GB if we want RB2 DLC, so I'm pretty pissed that he lost it.

p2gq.jpg

Quite simple best for the Wii?

Guess its either GH or Rock Band, only want the guitar though.

Which version would be best for the Wii and music wise?

Previous "fatbill" till I lost the password.

Please click below to help with my ICT A Level, for which I have to monitor my website for 8 weeks, hits and feedback welcome.

http://www.chauncystweb.co.uk/sm

Feedback page now up and working

\' \' \' \' \'

WoCFC.jpg

:mrgreen:

I have your score beat by 4k and have a -3.

Lulwut?

Good job though. I'll have it by New Years

Oh, btw, that's score will get you at least top 100 overall on GH.com. My score of 238,309 is 60th.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

Yeah I just reduxed it because the score sucks. The note streak was different, so I must have overstrummed near the end and not noticed :? Also had horrible SP.

New score is 250,505. BIG improvement :P

EDIT: Puts me in 74th on SH, 64th on GH.com. Your scores are outdated fool.

p2gq.jpg

I think my cousin brought over Guitar Hero: World Tour for christmas, gonna be pretty sweet playing with all my cousins.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Tried to post this on Scorehero, but it went down as I did... not sure if my post made it there, but it's just as good here. Sorry for the lack of hide tags, I'm far too tired to edit all of this...

Mississippi Queen is the only one out of the Xbox 360 top 10 of the below scores -

Minus Celsius 6th/7th:

MinusCelsius-1.png

Ruby 2nd/3rd:

Ruby-2.png

I've actually had 2 more ticks than that on a choked run...

Metal Heavy Lady 4th/8th:

MetalHeavyLady-1.png

Dropped one tick... I want 194k :(

She Bangs The Drums 2nd/3rd:

SheBangsTheDrums-1.png

Had more ticks on choked runs... no idea where Ape got all of his though.

In Love 2nd/5th:

InLove.png

Cherub Rock 1st/3rd:

CherubRock-1.png

I got this 2 days after it was no longer one of the league songs >_>

Rock You Like A Hurricane 4th/5th:

RockYouLikeAHurricane-2.png

Getting ticks off the 1st squeeze is the hardest part.

When You Were Young 6th/7th:

WhenYouWereYoung-3.png

Cliffs of Dover 6th/8th:

CliffsOfDover-1.png

Will be trying to improve this soon...

Mississippi Queen 14th/17th:

MississippiQueen-3.png

1 tick more than my previous score!

Hier Kommt Alex 8th/13th:

HierKommtAlex-1.png

Crappy squeezing... will redux

Avalancha 3rd/3rd:

Avalancha-2.png

Major credit to Bj0rn and nothankyooo on getting that extra 400...

Black Magic Woman 2nd/2nd:

BlackMagicWoman-3.png

Reptilia 10th/14th:

Reptilia.png

Cities On Flame With Rock And Roll 1st/1st:

CitiesOnFlameWithRockAndRoll.png

65-way tie ftw

Kool Thing 4th/7th:

KoolThing-1.png

Missed tying Bj0rn for 1st by about a millisecond...

Same Old Song And Dance 6th/12th:

SameOldSongAndDance-3.png

The Metal 1st/1st:

TheMetal-1.png

Optimal :)

Lay Down 1st/1st:

LayDown-2.png

I did one random run of this tonight and got optimal... very happy with that.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.

Got GH:Aerosmith for Christmas instead of RB2, my dad said he couldn't find it.

It's pretty fun, has some good songs and none are really boring, though I never failed one and I've already FC'ed Dream On. I have everything five-starred except Train Kept A'Rollin' and a few of Joe Perry's bonus songs. The full version of his guitar battle is insane, I beat the career one in about 2 seconds so I wasn't expecting that at all.

One thing I don't get is why Kings and Queens is the credits song and the one that says "Good Luck." What? I nearly FC'ed it on sightread.

p2gq.jpg

Rock Band player reporting in.

I just got GH3 because it was mega cheap in my area, and I've been playing Rock Band/Rock Band II as my gateway game into rhythm based musical games. I play expert mode for all instruments minus the vocals (singing voice is absolutely horrid) - so I'm fairly familiar with complex note charts, usually 5*ing on the majority of my expert sightreads. However, when I first picked up GH3 all my notes were missing and i found it uncomfortable to be pushing down the buttons and hit the notes, mainly with the fret buttons my wrist started aching and hurt to reach the end button.

Any advice on this?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

I just got GH3 because it was mega cheap in my area, and I've been playing Rock Band/Rock Band II as my gateway game into rhythm based musical games. I play expert mode for all instruments minus the vocals (singing voice is absolutely horrid) - so I'm fairly familiar with complex note charts, usually 5*ing on the majority of my expert sightreads. However, when I first picked up GH3 all my notes were missing and i found it uncomfortable to be pushing down the buttons and hit the notes, mainly with the fret buttons my wrist started aching and hurt to reach the end button.

Any advice on this?

RB is not as charted as much as GH looks like you'll have to get used to it. :|

BR BR BR? HUEHUEHEUEHUE

my cousins have been over since Boxing day (left today) they brought GH:WT so when I wasn't in a discussion with someone I was playing, so now I wanna get the game, but I won't be able to afford it for a while (all my Christmas money is already gone :lol:)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Wolfmother - Woman. Borrowed GH2 from a friend for a week, managed to hit every note on medium but never managed it on easy :shock:

Anyway, I've got GH3 now and completed it on easy and medium. But how the hell do you do hard/expert? I always move my hand up to press orange, and then forget its there and think I'm pressing green when really I'm pressing red. That made sense, I swear...

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Wolfmother - Woman. Borrowed GH2 from a friend for a week, managed to hit every note on medium but never managed it on easy :shock:

Anyway, I've got GH3 now and completed it on easy and medium. But how the hell do you do hard/expert? I always move my hand up to press orange, and then forget its there and think I'm pressing green when really I'm pressing red. That made sense, I swear...

You will get used to it, just practice.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Any advice on this?

That's not it, it's not about the note chart (I've FC'd the solo in Afterlife). It's something about the controller of GH that makes my wrist and fingers hurt trying to press each button - and it doesn't happen in RB.

Still looking for more input about this problem though :mrgreen:

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Any advice on this?

That's not it, it's not about the note chart (I've FC'd the solo in Afterlife). Tt's something about the controller of GH that makes my wrist and fingers hurt trying to press each button - and it doesn't happen in RB.

Still looking for more input about this problem though :mrgreen:

The Guitar Hero Controllers are very different to the Rock Band Strat.

I personally have a similar experience: despite the Strat apparently being worse, I do better with it :lol: . Or maybe that's my explanation of my upper 80-90s% average in Rock band and GHWT, but hardly even 80 in songs on GH3

So if you can, use a Rock Band controller if you're better with it.

That's the thing, the Stratocaster is not compatible with the GH3 game. However, the GH3 game is compatible with Rock Band #-o

I think it has something to do with the spacing on the fret buttons, the buttons on the Stratocaster is much closer than the ones in GH3, and so sometimes I hardly can't reach the orange button yet my hand dexterity is quite large (I can reach 1 and a half octaves on a piano). I probably got adjusted to the Strat from the get-go, so now I'm having trouble even getting 5*s on songs in GH while I can usually breeze through harder songs on Rock Band :wall:

So wait, you stretch your fingers to reach the orange instead of shifting your whole hand? Yeah that would be a problem, because the GH buttons are more "individual" and have more space in between them. I think they're also a bit tougher to press down (trying to remember my limited experience with the strat, I try to avoid using it at all costs.)

Anyway . . . My GH3 works again. My save data must have been corrupted, so now I have none. Finished replaying the career mode and got all of my 5-stars back and even managed to 4-star Raining Blood again with a slightly worse score than I had before. The FCs are going to be a different matter though :x

I didn't want to say anything before because I couldn't compare with GH3, but someone seriously screwed up the highway speed or the timing window on GH:A. I've calibrated it to death and at first thought that it was just because I was used to WT, but now that GH3 works again I'm doing fine on it and still having trouble on GH:A.

p2gq.jpg

You need to be able to both stretch for the orange/green and also be able to move your hand, I can do both just fine and don't even have to think about it. I couldn't tell you which I do most often as it's just second nature.

As for GH:A the timing window is identical to GH3 EXCEPT that [garden tool]/POs which stop you from having the button held down for forever in advance, the actual timing window of the notes is the same.

If you're like the average expert player, you shift more than you stretch. A topic on SH a while ago revealed that a LARGE amount of the higher level players play almost entirely in 2nd position (index on Red, pinky on Orange), and shift for green. This is mostly because people don't like having their pinky deal with 2 notes - the index finger is far better for dealing with that. I personally have noticed that I will naturally shift to 2nd position for certain sections of songs (when it's not required - obviously I shift if the section requires frequent use of the orange and no greens), but I feel it's better to be able to play from any position than dedicating yourself to one position.

Anyways, as I just woke up (yes, at around 2 PM - my sleep schedule is shot thanks to the holidays), this post is probably incoherent rambling. The point is that you'll have to learn to shift, as stretching won't be enough when you get to songs with much greater use of the orange fret.

saidinwotsmall2zo.jpg

Add your blog to the BlogScape Index!

SaidinWoT can now be tracked easily on weekends - Erm, maybe when I start playing again.

Levels do not measure intelligence OR maturity.