Is it going to demolish my account?

blosssom2581

I'm getting older and Dad decided to buy me a notebook so that we (me and my brother) can have our own computer to enjoy :anxious:

Sure, we two are going to play runescape all day long as holiday is approaching. But wait, will I get banned if Jagex detects our logins from the same ip address at the same moment? :-k

This is highly comcerned by me, as if this do happens, we cannot online on the same time, reducing our lvling up efficiency a lot.

Currently taking a break from Runescape

My brother and I both play from our own accounts in our house. Is it all right if we trade items?

Yes, this is not going against the rules of conduct providing you are both playing from two separate accounts created by each of you.

I used to play together with my brother from same IP adreass at same time and I didn't get banned

natasa777.jpegavatar175ed1.gif

refresh to see another sig

F2p forever

i dont think so many people play 2 accounts at the same time on different comps

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

I've known many situations like this, some of them didn't have a problem at all...others got banned unfairly.

Be careful, you never know what mood TB@JT might be in.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

No you won't get banned, The fact that you are both playing and doing different things at the same time kind of proves that you are not only one person controlling two accounts :P

Whatpulse!

213358.png

My husband, my child, and myself all have been logged on to Runescape at the same time (yes, 3 computers in the house) and it is very obvious that you both are doing something different. Even if you are PKing together.

It shouldn't be a problem. If it is, I certainly am in trouble too!

4774_e3d1ea.png

I'm a married mother that plays RuneScape. Got a problem with that?

They wont be the exact same IP, they will have different gateways and such. I play online at my school, so everyone that plays runescape has the same ip, but different sub-information. The problem stems from two accounts on the exact same ip, which would mean it is the same computer.

sig3gk6.png

They wont be the exact same IP, they will have different gateways and such. I play online at my school, so everyone that plays runescape has the same ip, but different sub-information. The problem stems from two accounts on the exact same ip, which would mean it is the same computer.

Erm no if you are behind a router your ip will be exactly the same...

The message in runescape that says "to many connections from your ip" is a fake, it's controlled by a filed called "uid."dat in a your "C:\WINDOWS\.jagex_cache_34" that checks if you got two rs clients running at the same time.

To make a long story short: it won't get you banned.

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

If this is a real concern for you and your brother, play but don't trade items between each other. You can always email Jagex Customer Support and ask them to help clarify the rules for you. This email can then serve as evidence that you can use to appeal in the unfortunate event that you or your brother gets banned for trading between each other.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

Well truth is Jagex doesnt look at your IP much at all unless your using those java bots which log like 20 accounts in to bot at once.

They detect multilogging my checking "uid.dat" in your $systemroot$\.jagex_cache_32 folder.

Long since retired.

No you won't get banned, The fact that you are both playing and doing different things at the same time kind of proves that you are not only one person controlling two accounts :P

ya, but if ur both lvl 3 wcers at varrock yews then thats a different story

i think they can see ur not the same person, just dont be trading with each other, or then itll look like ur sharing accounts and stuff

ur basically safe, dont worry about it

ironmdefault,demon%20x%20lord.gif

pure:demon_x_king

You probably won't get banned...

I suggest messaging Jagex through costumer Support and ask the Question and they will answer and if you ever get banned that evidence that you arnt the same guy

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I'm getting older and Dad decided to buy me a notebook so that we (me and my brother) can have our own computer to enjoy :anxious:

Sure, we two are going to play runescape all day long as holiday is approaching. But wait, will I get banned if Jagex detects our logins from the same ip address at the same moment? :-k

This is highly comcerned by me, as if this do happens, we cannot online on the same time, reducing our lvling up efficiency a lot.

My friend's got banned because they kept swopping over accounts with eachother, like 5-10 times in an hour. This is the only real way for ppl to get banned for account sharing etc.

Your dynamic Ip's will be the same, but the IP that appears on the "You've previously logged in from ___" will be different.

If this makes no sense to you, don't worry. It shouldn't to most people. Research it if you want, but I wouldnt suggest that. Just don't worry about it, you'll be perfectly ok

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m