Search button not working

I'm so fed up with tyring to get the search button at the top of the forum...

I found a f2p combat training guide.I want to find more of thenm so i type in"f2p combat trainin"it says"Sorry,nothing matched" so i narrow it down..."f2p still nothing. This issue is really getting me mad. :evil:

Dragon Drops:1, D med

Barrows Drops:None

yeah i get really pissed off cause i read guides/blogs etc and i cant remember names and stuff so i search and it comes up that no topics or posts matched ur search.

they need to fix this soon

gofsiggycr2.png

DK Drops (duo) - 4 - 1x D Axe 1x Berserker, 2x Warrior. Drag Drops - 1 - 1x Skirt.

Barrows Drops - 14 - 1x G spear, 3x K skirt , 2x k x-bow, 1x k top, 2x v flail, 1x v brassard, 1x dh body, 1x dh legs and 2x dh helm.

Proud owner of a fighter torso

This is for Runescape related rants, not the forum.

There are three possible other forums you could post it in, but this one is probably the best suited.

Website Udpates.

Im sure if you look about though (as the search button does not work for you), you will find a similiar rant or others with the same problem.

While were at it, can we can get a search feature which finds threads created by a certain user. It'll help making searches a lot easier especially if you know who made the article, or if you want you can see all the threads a user has ever posted (which I've tried to do a fair few times and in the process fail at it).

I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for Albosky to make this feature available. Thanks.

While were at it, can we can get a search feature which finds threads created by a certain user. It'll help making searches a lot easier especially if you know who made the article, or if you want you can see all the threads a user has ever posted (which I've tried to do a fair few times and in the process fail at it).

I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for Albosky to make this feature available. Thanks.

Search for Author:

Use * as a wildcard for partial matches

You can find that field^ right below the search for keywords.

There's also this http://forum.tip.it/search.php?search_author=Eelspremiers. You can find via the memberlist at the top then going to the user's profile.

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

Search for Author:

Use * as a wildcard for partial matches

You can find that field^ right below the search for keywords.

There's also this http://forum.tip.it/search.php?search_author=Eelspremiers. You can find via the memberlist at the top then going to the user's profile.

See no I get this response every time I post about this (probably I didn't explain it well enough). When you search for an author (using search for author like you stated) it comes up with their posts they've posted as well, I want an option which will only give results back which are threads which a certain user has created. So therefore if I've created 2 threads while I've had an account on TIF and they were on "amazing bugs" and a thread on "soccer tricks" (for example) it would return them as the only results as they are threads. Thats the option I'd like to see implemented in TIF's search and I'm sure others would use it like I would. :wink:

Thanks.

The search engine on these forums is bad, yes.

It can't even find exact phrases I type in. Sad.

The search future isn't bad - you just suck at using it. Sorry but it's the truth. Almost every person who has started a thread [bleep]ing aobut how bad it is has almost always been doing something stupid while using it.

You give it crap to work with and that's all you're going to get in return.

i know what you mean, i was looking for a "soloing the mole" guide (which i eventually found), but when i typed in "mole" or "guide to soloing the mole" or anything like that, it gave me threads that had absolutely nothing to do with it.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif