Athiest?

heartless619

And I have something to disprove evolution. If evolution were true where'd the monkies/fish come from? Eh?

im sorry, im still caught up in this statement.... :XD:

p.s. take a lesson from Reb to quote everything on one response instead of making multiple response to separate quotes, its less annoying, and not hard

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you knew anyhing about evolution then you would have known the answer, even the slightest shallow understanding of it. So before you go all catcher in the rye and start crying about being insulted go do a little research and your 'proof to disprove evolution' will fail before your eyes.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

And I have something to disprove evolution. If evolution were true where'd the monkies/fish come from? Eh?

To be completely honest even if we explained it to you you'd just rear your ignorant head.

I can however say safely you have no idea what you are talking about though.

I'm just voicing my opinion nothing I have said or done insinuates I am ignorant. I am completely open to your ideas just not fully convinced that thousands of years of belief is untrue so please don't insinuate I am ignorant again please.

There is a different between an opinion and a false statement.

What you may think is false may be an opinion for another. Respect other peoples opinion please.

Pureodoom1 wrote:

im sorry, im still caught up in this statement.... XD

p.s. take a lesson from Reb to quote everything on one response instead of making multiple response to separate quotes, its less annoying, and not hard

Sorry, mate.

Retired from Runescape as of June 1, 2007.

Visit my guide on internet conduct and abbreviations!

You, pure, made a factual claim... what you said is not opinion

You wrote:

if it where opinion it would be something on the lines of...

"I think i have something to disprove evolution. If it were true where would monkies and fish come from."

And that disproves evolution how? Be a lot more specific in your critique please. Anyway they came from thier evolutionary ancestors, as according to the theory of universal common descent and as evidenced by fossils, and similarities of all kinds (including in biochemistry, anatomy, embryology, genetic code, energy currency, bone structure etc, etc, etc...)

I'm assuming you're referring to abiogenesis. It's a common criticism which is totally misguided to say the least. The theories of abogenesis and evolution are two distinctly different theories. I'm not as apt with abiogenesis so I'd suggest do some personal study for yourself.

If you try and argue that evolution has to explain where the first cell came from then science and how it's taught would collapse into a heap. Think of aerodynamics. When studying such a science, it's taken as an axiom that there is air just like in evolution it's taken as an axiom that in some point in the past, there was life (which is obviously true). It's just that all empirical evidence and observations suggest universal common descent, which is taken into account in the broader theory of evolution.

Another reason why I'm an atheist; I find the concept of a deceptive designer disturbing. The account of genesis and what scientists have found out obviously conflict, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion.

God you're smart :).

Just doing my best to defend science. :P :wink:

I usually completely ignore and hate these topics because they always end up badly, but I decided to read through it to get a general consensus on the status of religion on these forums.

Looks like tipit ot took a swing from largely religious to mostly scientific. Either that or the fundementalists are hiding because these [wonderfully] scientific arguments made them run.[glad to hear that]

Yep, I'm biased.

happiehour.jpeg

I'm still here. I'm intrigued by these peoples (sorry don't know anything other to say) ideas. I'm open to it just not completely convinced.

Baptist and proud. (for the moment)

Probably won't change though almost completely convinced by religion. :thumbsup:

I watched it for a few. Logical yet unconvincing, sorry.

By the way, Why am I not surprised he's an old, highly educated Brit; Seems like they all are.

Abyssal I like the kirby in your avatar. Sorry kind of offtopic but still.... :-k
Erm TY? I forgot where I got it from, if I remember I'll PM you the link.
Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

I have no idea what to believe in. I'm not an atheist but I don't follow or believe in religion either.

Welcome to agnosticism, the right decision :) .

Oh, wait...

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I have no idea what to believe in. I'm not an atheist but I don't follow or believe in religion either.

Welcome to agnosticism, the right decision :) .

Oh, wait...

I don't get it. Not exactly sure what an agnostic is. Someone with no belief right? Okay so atheists are people who oppose and agnostics are people who just don't know. I think that's it.

Agnostic: = don't believe in a god, but believe in the possibility of a divine being.

agÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷nosÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷tic /ÃÆÃâÃâægÃÆââ¬Â¹Ãâ¹Ã¢â¬Â nÃÆââ¬Â°Ã¢ââ‰â¢stÃÆââ¬Â°Ãâêk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ag-nos-tik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãânoun

1. a person who holds that the existence of the ultimate cause, as God, and the essential nature of things are unknown and unknowable, or that human knowledge is limited to experience.

2. a person who denies or doubts the possibility of ultimate knowledge in some area of study.

agÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷nosÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷tic (ÃÆââ¬Å¾ÃâÃ

Hello fellow tip it'ers.

Going through this topic, its been quite a intresting show. However, no matter what I write, or what anyone else here writes, no one is going to change anyone elses mind, because you can only change your mind yourself.

So i'm willing to make a wager.

Currently I am a christian, but I would be willing to change my mind and go agnostic or athiest if you fellow non-religious people will do me 1 small favor.

Instead of judging christianity by the conduct of christians, judge christianity by the conduct of Christ.

If you find fault, I will turn to athiest or agnostic on the flip of a coin.

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Hello fellow tip it'ers.

Going through this topic, its been quite a intresting show. However, no matter what I write, or what anyone else here writes, no one is going to change anyone elses mind, because you can only change your mind yourself.

Currently I am a christian, but I would be willing to change my mind and go agnostic or athiest if you fellow non-religious people will do me 1 small favor.

Instead of judging christianity by the conduct of christians, judge christianity by the conduct of Christ.

~Defender~

Huzzah! More power to you :)

Hello fellow tip it'ers.

~Defender~

Going on the actions of Christ is fine. From what I understand (I'm no theologian) he was a decent bloke who taught some good things. It's all the supernatural baggage that is contradicted by science which is the irrational part.

I have no qualms with people who follow Christ. It's just the tagline of defending ideas such as creationism, the flood, miracles, morality against homosexuality, etc, which make the people defending it look like they feel thier faith in Christ is somehow comprimised if these ideas are challanged.

I have a general question for those evolution doubters out there; what would it take for you to be done with a literal account of genesis and rather see it as metaphorical? I'm sure if there was a god he'd be a top bloke and wouldn't punish you for following the rationality and critical thinking skills which help us conclude evolution and which he gave us.

Hello fellow tip it'ers.

~Defender~

Going on the actions of Christ is fine. From what I understand (I'm no theologian) he was a decent bloke who taught some good things. It's all the supernatural baggage that is contradicted by science which is the irrational part.

I have no qualms with people who follow Christ. It's just the tagline of defending ideas such as creationism, the flood, miracles, morality against homosexuality, etc, which make the people defending it look like they feel thier faith in Christ is somehow comprimised if these ideas are challanged.

I have a general question for those evolution doubters out there; what would it take for you to be done with a literal account of genesis and rather see it as metaphorical? I'm sure if there was a god he'd be a top bloke and wouldn't punish you for following the rationality and critical thinking skills which help us conclude evolution and which he gave us.

EDIT: I get it now!!! My view is that having faith and hope is better than believing in rationality because if it doesn't come true no regrets if it does you've done the right thing it's not like you have no fun when you're a religous bloke. Better safe than sorry to sum it all up :)

By the way I don't exactly get your signature with Americans going to bed but I know our government is in control. Lol?

Hello fellow tip it'ers.

~Defender~

EDIT: I get it now!!! My view is that having faith and hope is better than believing in rationality because if it doesn't come true no regrets if it does you've done the right thing it's not like you have no fun when you're a religous bloke. Better safe than sorry to sum it all up :)

By the way I don't exactly get your signature with Americans going to bed but I know our government is in control. Lol?

Ask yourself why would god punish me for thinking rationally and trying to unveil the mysteries of this world? Why would god punish me for being skeptical and thus leaving unanswered and difficult questions up for answering? Why would god punish me for trying to look past faith and accept reason to try and improve the world in some tangible way?

Either way I'm sure god would be the first of all entities to see through your better safe than sorry rationale. Either have faith or don't. Don't make excuses so you can have faith.

And the quote in my sig is a quote from comedian Bill Hicks.

That is taking the easy way out.

That is not basing opinion off empirical data. That is not having faith. That is not rational thinking. That is not true believing.

That is cowardice.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

One could argue that Jesus wasn't always a cool dude. Rather than giving the money to the poor, for example, he opted to instead have his feet washed with perfume with the money, saying: "You will always have the poor, but you will only have me for a short time."

Sounds rather selfish, so I guess you can, like...Be an atheist now...Or...Something? :?

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Ok if i understand what your saying...

what is Easier to believe (only you can decide)

1. God created the earth and everything in 6 days

or the..

2. Big bang theory along with the Implosion to create earth Specialy for us..and you now believe the earth is 4.6 billion years old...and we were created from Monkeys and fish...

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg