iPhone:Worth the $600?

zw2s

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

t lacks a lot of obvious and important features

Such as? (Not attacking, just questioning)

well to start off, you can't shoot video, something a lot of phones today have, having a video camera built in is becoming a standard, nothing a "revolutionary phone" should leave out.

Secondly, there is no memory card slot, which makes transferring data a real pain.

then there's no voice dial. That seems like not a very big deal, but it renders the phone useless for the average business man that makes a lot of phone calls daily. Also, it's such a basic feature that has been around for so long hand has been quite useful, I don't understand why it would be left out.

You also can't install custom programs for it, everything on the phone has to be apple made. So basically Apple is the next Microsoft.

There is no java or flash for the iphone, so a good 10% of the internet is useless right there.

and lastly (from me anyway), you are stuck with AT&T.

I guess if you have enough money where $600 is not an issue than I guess it's worth it. But if not, I don't think this thing is worth that money at this point. There is going to be a lot of kinks that need to be fixed since this thing just launched and somethings are going to go wrong whether is a malfunction in software or a bad part in the phone.

122 Combat : 99 Hits : 99 Attack : 99 Strength

97/99 Defence : 99 Fletching : 99 Woodcutting

I just realized something. If theres no flash support than how come Youtube can work? Does this mean the phone does have flash but is crippled for every other website besides Youtube?

Probably

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

a little info- the battery is hardwired; if it dies you send it in for 3 day buisness day turn around. $90 charge for batter and shipping, they will rent you a replacement for $29.99 per day. Also a hacker already figured out how to get wi-fi on it without any phone service.

Getting another sig

[removed]

The i-phone is so complicated that Apple has been forced to delay Mac OS X Leopard untill october. Leopard and the i-phone were s'posed to come out in the same month.

Macs ftw! I'd buy an i-phone but personally due to apple being so secretive (

addymwccape,Arkano5.gif

Arkano5.gif

Why buy an iPhone..to get on the internet or use some of the features it has proclaimed, you probably have to go and pay extra to get on it or do that..such as me havng to pay a few cents a minute for internet on the phone...which I'd never use -.-

At the end of the day, I'd just assume to go and have a desktop pc or laptop, a normal phone, an be happpy. In the end, you still have most of the features on a larger scale and at a faster speed.

The+Adaminator.png

69827172ou0.jpg

*Audience applause dies down*

Hello, and welcome to the cooking channel! Today, we'll be making an iPhone with simple ingredients!

First, go get your iPod. Now, get your HP iPaq Windows Mobile Pocket PC (with wifi, most of them should come with it). Tape it to your TracPhone (you can find them at any Wal*Mart), add a little duck tape, and 'ta-da'! Instant iPhone! Phone appetite!

I agree with the others, I'd highly recommend waiting for the hype to go down, along with the price. In my opinion, it's extremely over-priced atm.

tipitsig.png