PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or just get a pretty good phone for $50 or less (when you start a new plan they get cheap), and buy an IPod for like $250.

OK, maybe it takes 2 times as much space in your pocket. It's still not much to carry, and much cheaper..

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

$4,800 worth of food could be given to poor starving children for every iPhone bought.

Now, explain to me how Capitalism's a good system? :(

How are you getting that number?

The iphone if $600 and the most expensive plan is $100 a month. $100*24months=2400+$600 iphone=$3000 anyway thats still a lot of money for food either way.

goldenblade995.png

$4,800 worth of food could be given to poor starving children for every iPhone bought.

Cheers for pulling a random number out of your [wagon]. How does a $600 phone equal into $4,800 of food?

I've read an article that says the iPhone only took $200-220 roughly to make. The profit margins apple is going to be making from the device is huge.

I'll probably never get one. I love cool devices but I'll be damned if I don't even hardly use my phone as it is.

Over 150$ and it's internet enabled? Nokia has one that's coming out, it's predecessor was 150$ and it has wifi.

Is it worth the 500$? Answer: No. It doesn't even hav 3G, UMTS, or whatever you want to call it. (3G=UMTS).

C2b6gs7.png

Cheers for pulling a random number out of your [wagon]. How does a $600 phone equal into $4,800 of food?

Never mind the fact that the arguement is completely irrelevant.

I bought 3 the first day they were out. Sold them on eBay for $1300 each. $700 profit!

See^ you can merchant in real life.

It was 1 iphone per address, some lady tried to buy out a whole store and got owned

Y'know.. if he is true I could be rich.

- buy iPhone

- trade for 4800 worth of food

- sell food

- buy 8 iPhones

- trade for 38400 of food

- etc

Y'know.. if he is true I could be rich.

- buy iPhone

- trade for 4800 worth of food

- sell food

- buy 8 iPhones

- trade for 38400 of food

- etc

Did you even try reading the link the guy I was responding to posted before you attempted to flame me, this time unprovoked? It might explain why it equals $4,800...

Did you even try reading the link the guy I was responding to posted before you attempted to flame me, this time unprovoked? It might explain why it equals $4,800..

Even with the most expensive plan over two years its only $3,000 not $4,800.

Either way what the hell did being able to buy food with it mater anyways? Are you pissed that someone bought their computer instead of feeding starving children? You know, you could have fed a lot of kids with the money it took to get that PC you have.

Unlike some people, I use my phone for making phone calls and thats it. I don't even bother with text, it just annoys me. If I want the internet, i'll use my laptop.

If you're stupid (or spoilt) enough to buy one these then you deserve to waste your money. They are just another way for Steve Jobs to milk his customers for even more of their money.

People who can afford better/more expensive products than me are stupid and/or spoiled.

:uhh: :roll:

Just like the original ipod, it will get both cheaper and better with time.

Yep, I think I heard version 2 was set for December.

Wow, that seems a bit soon :shock:

Going to delete this post as well, tripsis?

You do realise that people will buy this version and then update to version 2, proving my point of apple milking its customers even more.

Just like the original ipod, it will get both cheaper and better with time.

Yep, I think I heard version 2 was set for December.

Wow, that seems a bit soon :shock:

Going to delete this post as well, tripsis?

You do realise that people will buy this version and then update to version 2, proving my point of apple milking its customers even more.

Shame on a business trying to make money, shame!

Nad, Im saying that people are stupid enough to buy one of the original iPhones then update to version 2 later in the year, which I cant see any point in doing.

And thats the fault of... who exactly?

He isn't 'milking' his customers. If someone is going to buy every single product of it so be it, they probably have the money to do so.

Nad, Im saying that people are stupid enough to buy one of the original iPhones then update to version 2 later in the year, which I cant see any point in doing.
Technology today is improving so fast, the second you get your new computer home, its pretty much obsolete!

No one is ever gonna keep up, so who cares if they buy the first version then the second. There is nothing stupid about buying it if you want it.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

If you're stupid (or spoilt) enough to buy one these then you deserve to waste your money. They are just another way for Steve Jobs to milk his customers for even more of their money.

People who can afford better/more expensive products than me are stupid and/or spoiled.

:uhh: :roll:

He has a point, though. You can get all of its features via different products, a much less price and of greater quality. Although this:

Was a bit of a captain obvious moment.

Oh I know what point he was trying to get at. Point is though is that the iPhone has gotten some very good reviews thus far. With the exception of its price it is a nice device.

I do agree that for a lot of users they won't need it. It still has nothing to do with apple milking their customers (obviously).