So, you want to kill a Mith Dragon AND finish Otto's tasks?

gein6

Are you saying that in those 2 safespots, there is 100% no way to get damaged by mithril dragons? :roll:

Yes. I was watching people stand there and have no trouble at all. Make sure you don't attack the dragon to the north. The dragon to the north will attack when you first come in. After a while it should stop.

gein6.png

gein6.png

1.png

044.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You WILL also need to have done the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest. You will need to do this quest to START the one handed spear 'mission'. When I asked him for information about 1 handed spears he told me to finish the quest FIRST before I could go on.

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

You WILL also need to have done the Tai Bwo Wannai Trio quest. You will need to do this quest to START the one handed spear 'mission'. When I asked him for information about 1 handed spears he told me to finish the quest FIRST before I could go on.

You don't need to do that quest to get into mith dragons, tho.

So far the best non-safespot (I assume they will be removed soon) way to kill them is to arch with a crossbow while protecting from range. The range armour stops magics attacks well, prayer goes for range attacks, good bolts (at least mith, preferably enchanted ruby) hurt it well and so on.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Nice guide.

Couple of notes...

You dont need to make the pyre boat in order to hunt the Mith dragons.

Using mangled bones in the pyre boat will cause the spirit to attack you, using chewed bones will give you a reward. Depending on the wood you use to make the boat the next X bones you bury will give you 300% experience. (Chewed bones are a rare drop).

God spells hit the dragons rather hard - better if you can use the charge spell as well.

Poison seems not to affect the green or mith dragons (nor the imps!)

You can range them at a lower lvl. Having an accumulator to pick most of your stuff up helps. If you range outside a safe spot - step back a couple of steps after the initial attack. The dragon will not follow you. This means you are only being attacked by mage and breath, rather than melee, range and breath.

As a rule Jagex are not keen on images from their site being posted on fan sites

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

Nice guide.

Couple of notes...

You dont need to make the pyre boat in order to hunt the Mith dragons.

Using mangled bones in the pyre boat will cause the spirit to attack you, using chewed bones will give you a reward. Depending on the wood you use to make the boat the next X bones you bury will give you 300% experience. (Chewed bones are a rare drop).

God spells hit the dragons rather hard - better if you can use the charge spell as well.

Poison seems not to affect the green or mith dragons (nor the imps!)

You can range them at a lower lvl. Having an accumulator to pick most of your stuff up helps. If you range outside a safe spot - step back a couple of steps after the initial attack. The dragon will not follow you. This means you are only being attacked by mage and breath, rather than melee, range and breath.

As a rule Jagex are not keen on images from their site being posted on fan sites

Thank you for the information. I'll try to get different pictures. I added the pyre boat incase people want to finish doing all of Otto's tasks. Also, I'll add using the god spells and how to range.

gein6.png

gein6.png

1.png

044.jpg

Erm, I know Sasquatch is your account and you posted you would fix something based on a comment on that account. #-o

Anyways, on your topic title it says Killing Mithril Dragons and ACCESS to the Ancient Caverns. Why would you need information on how to make the spears and pyre logs?

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Amazing guide =D>

Im thinkign of going there myself with torag but im a little scared to die :lol:

sigph8.jpg

Barrows Drops: Veracs helm(3), Veracs skirt, dh helm, dh legs, guthan legs,

torags helm, Karils top(2), Ahrim's skirt(2), ahrims top, guthans pl8, torags pl8, guth helm

Dragon Drops: D Med(barrows)

Are you saying that in those 2 safespots, there is 100% no way to get damaged by mithril dragons? :roll:

Yes. I was watching people stand there and have no trouble at all. Make sure you don't attack the dragon to the north. The dragon to the north will attack when you first come in. After a while it should stop.

Oof. The safespot no longer works so you will need to bring some kind of food with you if you wish to stay alaive.

gein6.png

gein6.png

1.png

044.jpg

Amazing guide =D>

Im thinkign of going there myself with torag but im a little scared to die :lol:

Good luck. They aren't that hard. I went there earlier and did ok and I was using melee.

gein6.png

gein6.png

1.png

044.jpg

Worth knowing, especially for lower-levels, is that you can also get mangled bones by searching corpses on the floor. Just be aware that they will randomly spawn a skeleton or spirit when searched, and the bones will still cause a spirit to attack you at the pyre ship.

even with the new safespot taken away are there still palces to stand where no dragon will attack u? also i am thinking of doing hte slayer dart method, and will i be able to hit with a -29 attack bonus? i am able to with daggonoth kingsbut that's beacuse rex is really weak to magic. thanks and great guide again

runemsmithcape,saber%20blade2.gif

Feel Free to Pm me for anything

even with the new safespot taken away are there still palces to stand where no dragon will attack u? also i am thinking of doing hte slayer dart method, and will i be able to hit with a -29 attack bonus? i am able to with daggonoth kingsbut that's beacuse rex is really weak to magic. thanks and great guide again

No matter where you stand a dragon will be able to attack you. You can stand in the spots on the map to where the dragon can't use melee but still ranges, mages, and shoots fire at you.

On slayer dart you can use mystic boots, gloves, and a mage arena cape and lower you attack bonus to around 15.

gein6.png

gein6.png

1.png

044.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So you need fishing no matter what to get to mith drags? Or can you do it with just the 21 firemaking?

I wanna try mith dragons, but I only have like 31 fishing or something like that. I'm lazy :P

And yes, I'm pure. My friend went there and said he was able to only kill one, and I forgot what method he used. I know for sure though that he didn't use ruby/diamond bolts.

EDIT: I just tried yesterday, and I only needed to do the firemaking thing to go down in the whirlpool. Just do the firemaking, and talk to the guy about the next part in firemaking. After that, it will allow you to go down into the whirlpool if you finish off the conversation.

A god mitre is a great helmet to use for killing the drags. It gives +4 prayer and +4 mage defence/attack. Doesn't decrease any stats. If it isn't +4 prayer, then its +5.

I've been using a god cape instead of the arrow backpack, and whenever theres 3 stacks of bolts on the floor I'll telegrab one. I'd run in and take it if it wasn't so strong with melee :/. But the reason I use the god cape instead of the backpack is because of the mage defence and the fact that I haven't done Animal Magnatism.

As a pure, I was able to kill 2-3 dragons a trip. I used ruby bolts until it was down to about half hp, and then I switched to diamond. If I was low on sharks, about 4 sharks left, I'd just switch to diamond.

I wore this:

Helm: Zammy Mitre

Amulet: Amulet of Fury

Cape: Saradomin Mage Arena Cape

Arrows: Ruby Bolts (e)

Weapon: Rune Crossbow

Body: Guthix Robe Top

Shield: Anti-dragon shield (Did I even need to say that?)

Legs: Black D'hide chaps

Gloves: Black D'hide Vambs

Boots: Ghostly Boots

Ring: Ring of Wealth

In my inventory, I would have:

Diamond Bolts (e)

1 Antifire Potion

1 Range Potion

3 Prayer Potions

22 Sharks

50 Airs

20 Laws

Were I to have used a backpack, I would have replaced the airs+laws with a house teletab.

My mage defence was +73, prayer bonus +13, and my range bonus was about +132 or something like that. Seems to be quite effective for me.

If I was able to have more mage defence/attack, then I'd try maging the dragons. I'm definately NOT gonna try meleeing the drags, they would completely destroy me. I MIGHT try maging the drags, though, just for fun.

Back to your guide, I loved it. It helped me loads.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

1) When meleeing them, range defense is useless. At close-range they don't use their ranged-base attack.

2) Veracing or Guthaning both work. You protect from magic and drink an antifire potion. Both of these combined blocks all of their dragonbreath attacks as well as their magic based attacks. Using this method the only damage you will take is from their melee attacks.

Otherwise nice job.

Nazgul.jpeg

1) When meleeing them, range defense is useless. At close-range they don't use their ranged-base attack.

2) Veracing or Guthaning both work. You protect from magic and drink an antifire potion. Both of these combined blocks all of their dragonbreath attacks as well as their magic based attacks. Using this method the only damage you will take is from their melee attacks.

Otherwise nice job.

Interesting...

You used to be able to use verac and kill them by turning on mage protect and drinking a dose of antifire potion. Jagex said in an update that the firebreath will hit through now. The only way to keep you from being damaged by dragon breath is to use an Anti Dragon Shield and drink a dose of antifire.

Btw: Thanks :D

gein6.png

gein6.png

1.png

044.jpg