Korn: Untitled

wakka102

Korn is and has been my favorite band for about 6 years now and they are releasing their new album on the 31st. However, there album has been up on youtube for about 3-4 days and Korn just posted the whole thing for previewing on their myspace. I've heard the entire album about 20 times through now and must say that I'm very impressed.

I've seen them live 2 times (soon to be 3 when August 11th roles around), Once with Head and once without him. Once Head left the band they released the album "See You On the Other Side" which I thought was a very poor release from the band. Prior to SYOTOS they have never released a single song that I didn't like but with it's release they produced the god awful song "Twisted Transistor" and I thought I had lost my favorite band to the trends of the current day.

With the release of this album, they have given me a new outlook on Korn. They brought back some of the distortion, the lyrics are really good, and Johnathan Davis put that power back into his vocals which was all lost with SYOTOS. For anyone that hasn't listened to the album, it can be found here:

http://www.myspace.com/korn

or if you prefer, search "Korn Untitled" on youtube to find all the songs.

What are you're opinions on the album? I think that its a HUGE step in the right direction, but without Head in the band (their main heavy influence) they will never get back to their classic sound that older Korn fans crave.

I basically grew up with their earliest work, but really am not so fond of what they've become. I doubt I would like this release, but I'm sure I'll hear it on the radio endlessly, so I have no choice but to try it out haha.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I basically grew up with their earliest work, but really am not so fond of what they've become. I doubt I would like this release, but I'm sure I'll hear it on the radio endlessly, so I have no choice but to try it out haha.
I did too, I suggest you listen to the album on their Myspace. You might be somewhat surprised with it as we both seem to have the same history with the band.

I did too, I suggest you listen to the album on their Myspace. You might be somewhat surprised with it as we both seem to have the same history with the band.

Will do.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

I wasn't really too fond of their older work, but this new album is much better than I expected.
it seems to go one way or the other. You like hte old stuff and you don't like the new stuff or the other way around. Personally I like this album and all there old ones accept for SYOTOS.

I wasn't really too fond of their older work, but this new album is much better than I expected.
it seems to go one way or the other. You like hte old stuff and you don't like the new stuff or the other way around. Personally I like this album and all there old ones accept for SYOTOS.

I've been listening to the album on myspace, and I've changed my mind.

It's actually a really good listen.

Am I the only one that can't listen to more than 10 seconds of one of their songs without laughing?

EDIT: Okay I just listened to a few random songs and I don't think they are who I thought, or maybe the songs I have heard from them like on the radio or whatever were different, but I thought they were one of those mumbling screaming bands. Anyways any time I hear one of them "sing" I just bust out laughing

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

Am I the only one that can't listen to more than 10 seconds of one of their songs without laughing?

Probably. :|

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

I don't like their name.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Not too bad, Stone Sour have a better sound.
I've got stone sours latest album and saw them live at family values last year. They are a reasonable band but they're albums never seem to stick with me. I listen to them for about a week or 2 and then usually put the album away somewhere.