Third Age - Clue Advice

J_Peer

Hey everyone, I've decided I've been losing way to much GP staking.

I need to get my range up anyway, so I figured since I'm broke, I'd start ranging monsters that drop level 3 clues.

I took a long break from RuneScape and just returned like about a week ago, and I've been staking, like said above, and finally lost a large amount of my GP. So I heard that Third Age is still worth a ton (I basically quit when Third Age first came out in RuneScape), so I want to range monsters that drop clues which lead to Third Age as a prize.

Can someone give me a good list, or give me a link to monsters that drop Third Age? And is Third Age a level 3 clue? And what monsters which drop clues that can contain Third Age are more prone to leading to Third Age loot.

Is it very, VERY rare to get Third Age too?

Any help/tips would be nice to make money from clues.

Also, I will be ranging since I have a ton of arrows/knives.

*If you have any other suggestions on clues that I should with a better chance of getting nice loot, let me know.

It is VERY rare, don't count on it as a viable moneymaker. You'd be better off running airs or something.

But if you really want to try, then range Hellhounds. They're good for clues usually. And there is no monster that will drop clues more prone to lead to a piece of Third Age. And yes, they're only level 3.

But don't count on getting one ANY time soon. But it's always possible!

~Lunar

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

3rd age armour is extremely rare, don't count on getting one soon. Tip.it's guide has a list of the level 3 clue droppers here.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I suggest you choose a monster that in addition to dropping clues also drop reasonably good loot, so definitly not hellhounds who only drop bones. That way you will at least get something back for your time.

Ankous are good since they drop a lot of runes, but I am not sure if there is a ranging spotsince I hate ranging myself :P

Greater demons can definitly be ranged for example in ogre enclave, bring telegrab runes for the rune.

erm, i am sure there are several others, but cant think of any atm :) But you did get a link from meol :)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

It is VERY rare, don't count on it as a viable moneymaker. You'd be better off running airs or something.

But if you really want to try, then range Hellhounds. They're good for clues usually. And there is no monster that will drop clues more prone to lead to a piece of Third Age. And yes, they're only level 3.

But don't count on getting one ANY time soon. But it's always possible!

~Lunar

Incorrect, clues are much better than running airs.

All the rune armor and TT items you get, its an absurd comment.

You'll most likely be making money through the Rune Armor and small items you get, not 3rd age. But good luck.

108th to 99 Prayer

You'll most likely be making money through the Rune Armor and small items you get, not 3rd age. But good luck.

Running airs would be more reliable than the money from a Third Age Piece. I didn't say all the other items he'll get in lieu of a TA piece.

demonslayer2.png

Running airs would be more reliable than the money from a Third Age Piece. I didn't say all the other items he'll get in lieu of a TA piece.

anyway, a side question... why airs but not other thing... such as laws or double natures?

jellies are easy to kill an drop lvl3 clue scrolls.

best is of course abyssal demons since they lvl 3 clues AND whips. :wink:

I just do my slayer tasks. Most of the tasks concerns beasts, monsters or other vile animal scum that drop lvl3 clues anyway.

I already had 2 clues with my abyssal demon task. And also two clues with the jelly task before that.

best treasure of these 4 clues was a dark cav. Rest was all rune armour/weapon/black d'hide...and the obligatory purple firelighters. grrrr.

anyway, a side question... why airs but not other thing... such as laws or double natures?

... #-o

I don't mean that you should do airs. The point I'm trying to make but don't seem to be getting across is that getting a Third Age piece is extremely rare and you shouldn't count on it to make you money. Yes, you will get money from all the other items you get whilst trying to get a TA piece. Yes, clues are a great way to make money. No, I don't literally mean go run airs.

But yea, what spurious said was good advice. Jellies do tend to drop level 3 clues, and they're relatively low leveled. They do have a Slayer requirement to kill however. Also, bring the best mage protection you can while fighting them. Hellhounds are your next best bet without trudging into Slayer monster, however. Also, green dragons drop them enough to count on one at least every few trips.

demonslayer2.png

Lol relax guys, I'm not going to 'run airs' anyway, but thanks for the tip. Also, thanks to everyone else who answered.

Another question...

Will a higher monster that drops a level 3 clue be more prone to giving better clue loot then a lower level monster that drops a level 3 clue?

For example, are you guaranteed to get better clue loot from a Dagannoth King rather then a Hell Hound, considering they are both level 3 clue monsters?

I would suggest green dragons atm. They are not the best monsters for drops, but the bones are selling for a lot right now, and you would make good $$.

"Nobody cheers for Goliath"

~Wilt Chamberlain~

If you go Dragons go for Blue. The risk of getting PK'd is a lot, so if you do that, don't bring all your arrows

mstrgmr11.png

Joined RS2: Late May/Early June 2006

100 Combat achieved on June 30, 2007 All skills 60+ achieved on August 22, 2007

Quest Cape achieved on September 8, 2007, at 104 Combat

Check out my blog to 85 Slayer!