Ok Serious Topic

Jimmonkey2

Is RSI like AIDs?

RSI is a completely different thing. Number one, it is an injury and number 2 AIDs reduces your white blood cell count. I am pretty sure playing on a computer doesn't cause that. Unless of course you are typing with an open sore on a computer on which another person had a bleeding sore was using.

j0xPu5R.png

What disease are you going to get if you're on the computer too long? What grade are you in? 3rd? 4th? If people pay 5 dollars a month they can play as long as they want, yeah it's bad but why should you care. You sound like my mom. Oh and you can only be 13+ or you're just wanting attention. Anyways sorry about the condition of your brain, i know it's hard.

What disease are you going to get if you're on the computer too long? What grade are you in? 3rd? 4th? If people pay 5 dollars a month they can play as long as they want, yeah it's bad but why should you care. You sound like my mom. Oh and you can only be 13+ or you're just wanting attention. Anyways sorry about the condition of your brain, i know it's hard.

Still upset you lost your account? Don't worry, you will get over it.

As for the "What disease are you going to get if you're on the computer too long?", you won't get a disease but you will surely get a carpal tunnel syndrome.

Can someone explain to me what that syndrome is? We haven' t studied that yet :D

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

As for the "What disease are you going to get if you're on the computer too long?", you won't get a disease but you will surely get a carpal tunnel syndrome.

Dude what's your problem? I'm actually glad i lost my account cause i was about to quit anyway. I've spent too much time and money on this game.

Dude what's your problem? I'm actually glad i lost my account cause i was about to quit anyway. I've spent too much time and money on this game.

/Off topic

Didn't you create a new account?

I mentioned your lost account because it might be the reason why you have started acting like m4tty.

/Off topic

I mentioned your lost account because it might be the reason why you have started acting like m4tty.

Yes i am starting a new account but being a F2P. Everyone else if flaming this guy so why are you only telling this to me? :-k

/Off topic

Actually, m4tty would do a bit different. Trust me :-$

I also think you need some edyookashun. You're acting like my 5-year old cousin would....So no, you won't get a Trojan on your arm or whatever :roll:

(Off-topic)Hm, if he plays this game, I just might have to go to his house and peekay him! :o

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

They should do what some MMORPG game makers do.

After a period of time, they should make a message appear that says something like:

"You have been playing for hours. Please take a break"

And @hellsbells (nice name, great song), they DO care about their players to a certain extent. If people died from the game they could be in potential risk of being sued (although I'm certain their policy takes care of that).

Or it could be that the people who die/stop playing of illness were members. If people stopped playing, Jagex would lose more money!

They should do what some MMORPG game makers do.

After a period of time, they should make a message appear that says something like:

"You have been playing for hours. Please take a break"

And @hellsbells (nice name, great song), they DO care about their players to a certain extent. If people died from the game they could be in potential risk of being sued (although I'm certain their policy takes care of that).

Or it could be that the people who die/stop playing of illness were members. If people stopped playing, Jagex would lose more money!

You put up a valid argument. However, I think they would try to hush it up for that exact reason. If it did get out, then people would just stop no-lifing. They wouldn't stop playing.

For example: If there was a Roller Coaster that people kept flying off of and dying, the Theme Park would lose money.

If a person happens to die in that Theme Park because of a Heart Attack or something like that, the theme park won't lose any money. I don't think I explained it well enough but I still hope you understand.

Off-topic:

Theoretically, cigarette companies should lose money, and Cholesterol-free foods would make a fortune.

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

Serious topic? So u admit ur last one was spam. Uh...good job?

Anyway, of course not. People are paying for the game, if they want to obtain as much from their money as they can, they are allowed to.

Besides, jagex really doesn't care, it's not their fault or problem.

But I think the company should care about us customers, I think people that play for more than 5 hours a day can catch diseases and it's bad for Jagex if their customers get diseases. Seriusly.

Jagex's only real responsibility to its users is to ensure their products don't damage our computers. Otherwise, its up to the players to exercise personal control and discipline.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Serious topic? So u admit ur last one was spam. Uh...good job?

Anyway, of course not. People are paying for the game, if they want to obtain as much from their money as they can, they are allowed to.

Besides, jagex really doesn't care, it's not their fault or problem.

But I think the company should care about us customers, I think people that play for more than 5 hours a day can catch diseases and it's bad for Jagex if their customers get diseases. Seriusly.

#

Yes, just the other day my doctor was telling me about that disease

"playedforfivehoursitus" and of course the inamous "toomuchrs plague"

[/sarcasm]

I don't think they should. But i would support something similar to help prevent macroers. There was a thread on it in suggestions i think so i won't go into details

And if you do all you can, that's all you can ever do. - Warren Rudman

But men are men; the best sometimes forget. - William Shakespeare

6bveg5y.jpg

Guest killerbo

It would be nice if they had an auto-log out thing or a message like that other guy was saying ::'

5 Hours seems like a good time for that

LOL, toomuchrs plague. I laughed for real.

(Thanks Denismage, I didn't know what RSI was.)

Seriously though, I want to jump back in. I liked RussianMofian said. I think it should say that, keep it on screen about 15 minutes, but only after 6 hours of continuous play. I think it'd contribute to health, but imposing a limit would drive people away.

I, personally, like the lawlessness of online gaming [beyond language and behavior, you can do pretty much anything, much of which is illegal in reality]. I would absolutely hate to have a limit (read law) imposed which wouldn't let me play x number of hours. BUT, if it said nicely, "Hey, take a break for a few minutes. Talk a walk or jog. Get some air, buddy." I think I jsut might be more prone to listening.

63cu0k4.png

52788436whatsonthetube.PNG

If you believe you came from monkeys, you probably did.

Can someone explain to me what that syndrome is? We haven' t studied that yet :D

RSI - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Repetitive_strain_injury

CTS - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpal_tunnel_syndrome

RSI - thank god I always stretch and do some exercise after some time of playing, and I never really had anything like that. Not even a cramp (the thing when your muslce starts to hurt really really bad)

CTS - I have my mouse in my lap :D

On topic, if stretching regurally and keeping a good distance away from the screen in a whell lit room, it can last longer than 5 hours. But there is still a risk, just smaller. That is for the eyes, and could help preventing RSI and CTS. I guess, my medical knowlege is limited.

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

• 2 months later...