~PokeVentures

RayOxide

Yep. Just so some people know; Girantina and Heatran are lame, get Dialga / Palkia up to level 70 and it'll pwn them =) although, they'd beat them at level 60 :-$

Ohyeah, seeing as I've done nearly everything I want to do on the game, should I restart? Even though I've seen 220 - 250 pokemon, and caught 100 or so?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone give me some tips on building a good party please?

I mean isnt it a bit of a waste of time getting a pokemon up to a high level, and then find out that you arent going to use that pokemon?

It is! I've had plenty of Pokemon come and go in my party. However, once you find your ideal party, then it's all the sweeter.

I've a couple of tips.

My first one would be to get pokemon that are a type that can learn multiple attacks. Meaning, for example, Garchomp. He's a dragon/ground, very strong. He can learn flamethrower, so he's unaffected by Water.

Or luxray. This bad boy can learn Fire fang and Ice fang, despite him being electric. Even Rampardos can learn ice.

But those are examples taken directly from my party. There are plenty of pokemon like them, yet...Well anyway. My next tip would be EV training. When you battle a pokemon, you get EV's, which your pokemon gain for a certain stat. I can't tell you which pokemon to attack for EV's, so Go here and look for EV training guide.

Fighting. Figure out your own. Let's say your opponent had two pokemon left, you had rampardos. His current was luxray, he has an onyx who knows earthquake, but he doesn't think it'll KO him immediatly. He attacks, but you use Avalanche. You purposly went second for avalanch, so luxray dies. He now knows he's screwed, let's say the Luxray didn't weaken him far enough. He tries earthquake, nope, you use Avalanche, he dies.

This is multityping, he can learn avalanche dispite his rockness.

Now figure out your own strategy! You'll fin it eventually, trust me. It takes time. That, and research.

Thanks for your advice.

Ive only caught 3 pokemon though, (ive got four altogether including the pokemon I chose at the start), and they are all pokemon that you cxan catch right at the start of the game.

I mean, im worried that the further I go into the game I will just put my pokemon I use atm into the pc, and use different pokemon, so it will be a waste of time training the pokmone I have atm really :?

Can someone give me some tips on building a good party please?

I mean isnt it a bit of a waste of time getting a pokemon up to a high level, and then find out that you arent going to use that pokemon?

It is! I've had plenty of Pokemon come and go in my party. However, once you find your ideal party, then it's all the sweeter.

I've a couple of tips.

My first one would be to get pokemon that are a type that can learn multiple attacks. Meaning, for example, Garchomp. He's a dragon/ground, very strong. He can learn flamethrower, so he's unaffected by Water.

Or luxray. This bad boy can learn Fire fang and Ice fang, despite him being electric. Even Rampardos can learn ice.

But those are examples taken directly from my party. There are plenty of pokemon like them, yet...Well anyway. My next tip would be EV training. When you battle a pokemon, you get EV's, which your pokemon gain for a certain stat. I can't tell you which pokemon to attack for EV's, so Go here and look for EV training guide.

Fighting. Figure out your own. Let's say your opponent had two pokemon left, you had rampardos. His current was luxray, he has an onyx who knows earthquake, but he doesn't think it'll KO him immediatly. He attacks, but you use Avalanche. You purposly went second for avalanch, so luxray dies. He now knows he's screwed, let's say the Luxray didn't weaken him far enough. He tries earthquake, nope, you use Avalanche, he dies.

This is multityping, he can learn avalanche dispite his rockness.

Now figure out your own strategy! You'll fin it eventually, trust me. It takes time. That, and research.

Thanks for your advice.

Ive only caught 3 pokemon though, (ive got four altogether including the pokemon I chose at the start), and they are all pokemon that you cxan catch right at the start of the game.

I mean, im worried that the further I go into the game I will just put my pokemon I use atm into the pc, and use different pokemon, so it will be a waste of time training the pokmone I have atm really :?

I see what you mean. Eventually, more pokemon will become available to you, and thusly, it's only natural to store the current pokemon in the PC. However, you should see me! a box full of shinies, all of them pokemon I used before but not anymore. I even got banned from a tounament in gamestop because I must've cheated for the shinies. In reality though, I got them from chaining, trading, etc.

But it's really time consuming. Training, then storing them...My advice to you is go to Serebii's pokedex in order to research what pokemon you might want. The pokedex features moves they learn, what abilities they might have, etc. This helped me as well.

So serebii will help you out with research, and you've probably been there...Psypokes helps with EV's...Now it's time for you to seriously think of what future pokemon you might want, obviously. But I feel for you; wasted training can be a pain, but it's really vital to the game.

And thus, I leave the rest to you,

Sephiroth_King

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I can see by the advice that you are providing me with that you have got a good knowledge about the pokemon games.

I think I remember you saying that you completed the game or something earlier. If you have, then what sort of things do you do when you go on the pokemon game now?

I can see by the advice that you are providing me with that you have got a good knowledge about the pokemon games.

I think I remember you saying that you completed the game or something earlier. If you have, then what sort of things do you do when you go on the pokemon game now?

Yet another good question.

Well, after beating the game, I love to trade and battle with friends. However, in game is different; if you go to Dawn/lucas's house in Sangem town, talk to his/her little sister, and she'll tell you th pokemon swarm of the day. Swarming is fun, since the pokemon appears very often and is good for chaining. (I'll explain later.)

I love to go to the underground, if you have no clue what the underground is, it's an entire knew realm of Sinnoh, where you can dig up fossils, spheres (Currency for the underground) and of course, make a secret base. Using the spheres, you can buy furniture for your base. However, furniture is limited due to a miniquest. The miniquest has to do with the man in eterna city, which you are forced to go to. Anyway, he'll tell you to do stupid things underground, eventually, you'll get a harder quest. This involves linking with your friends and stealing their "Base flags." Get enough base flags and you can remove pesky boulders that are in your base and you can hold more furniture.

Anyway. Chaining. After you beat the game, and you should have seen all 150 Sinnoh pokemon by this time, go to Rowns lab and show him. Upon showing him, prof. Oak walks in, upgrades your pokedex to national mode, and then talks about pal park. He walks out, and Rowan gives you the Pokeradar. This allows you to find national pokemon easier (The rare national pokemon) and also, if you chain 40 pokemon, it's most likely a shiny pokemon coming next.

Anyway, pal park. It's an easy find, but you go through an annoying and relentless gauntlet of trainers. In Sangem town, theres the beach. Go down the beach, surf, follow the path, etc. When you reach the building, Oak will give you a poketech app that shows how many pokemon you've chained.

Here at pal park, you can migrate pokemon from ruby, sapphire, and emerald to this game. It's actually good if you have those games, but useless otherwise.

What else...Ah yes, hunting the rest of the legendaries that can be found in your game...Also growing berries and winning every contest there is, wow that takes forever. But the best thing I wanted to do was get Arceus. Using my old wif (Which I can't use now cause my cat broke it, and because I have a mac...Nintendo doesn't support macs -.- ) I got every non-released legendary from Japan.

There's also a BIG challenge you'll wanna check out: The battle tower. When you beat the elite four, you'll get notice that it's open. You go, and there's a legendary on the island, tons of high level wild pokemon and trainers, and the battle tower. Getting 100 consecutive wins gives you a star on your trainer card. WARNING: Not an easy feat.

That's the first thing I did. I'm probably one in a handful of people who have a black trainer card. To get it, beat one contest in the master rank, 100 consecutive wins in the battle tower, pokedex complete, beat the elite four, and collect 50 flags in the underground with your friends, thus giving you a platinum flag in your base. (Basically, you steal eachothers flags while laying down traps, etc.)

But here is a lot more to do. Every day, there is some fantastic pokemon to catch. Every day, you can go to the lottery to see if you won. Another favorite of mine is going to Amity square in Hearthrome city. Here, you can take a pikachu out of their pokeball and go for a walk with him. Well, it's not just a pikachu. There's a bunch of pokemon you can get to walk with you.

But I'm still leaving the rest up to you. Trust me, you don't get bored for a while. But have fun, and you can always ask me more questions,

Sephiroth_King ::'

hey! you know a lot about pokemon. so how the heck do i get a freaking shiny dialga/palkia? i've seen one on the GTS for a level 80+ gallade. unfortunately my gallade was 60 levels short :(

so where do you get one? hax?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

hey! you know a lot about pokemon. so how the heck do i get a freaking shiny dialga/palkia? i've seen one on the GTS for a level 80+ gallade. unfortunately my gallade was 60 levels short :(

Well, some people do hack for them. However, to get a legit one and rub it in the hackers face, you must save before you face Dialga/Palkia and battle it over and over again until it's shiny. It's quite frustrating, but when you get one, it's very awesome. This applies to ANY legendary you see; Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Dialga and palkia, Giratina. This will also work for Rotum. But to get one, save in front of it and reset until you have one. Also, this applies to starter pokemon.

Advice to shorten your time: I know you beat the game. However, if you don't have a giratina or regigigas, use soft reset to get it shiny. Soft resetting resets your game without turning it off and going through he turn it on process. If you know this, then disregard. If you don't, to soft reset press start, select, and both shoulder buttons AT THE SAME TIME.

Have anymore questions? I'm still open. I'll be happy to answer them.

Well, some people do hack for them. However, to get a legit one and rub it in the hackers face, you must save before you face Dialga/Palkia and battle it over and over again until it's shiny. It's quite frustrating, but when you get one, it's very awesome. This applies to ANY legendary you see; Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie, Dialga and palkia, Giratina. This will also work for Rotum. But to get one, save in front of it and reset until you have one. Also, this applies to starter pokemon.

Advice to shorten your time: I know you beat the game. However, if you don't have a giratina or regigigas, use soft reset to get it shiny. Soft resetting resets your game without turning it off and going through he turn it on process. If you know this, then disregard. If you don't, to soft reset press start, select, and both shoulder buttons AT THE SAME TIME.

thanks but its a little late for me the only dianmond/oeral leegendary i have left is regigigas and i need to start playing my pokemon ruby cause i need the regies thanks for that though

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

thanks but its a little late for me the only dianmond/oeral leegendary i have left is regigigas and i need to start playing my pokemon ruby cause i need the regies thanks for that though

No problem. Just remember you can get Regigigas shiny. A little advice. Regigigas's ability lowers his attack, defense, and slows him. Try quick balls for the first two turns, where he'll be rejuvinated. Or else you'll accidently kill him right off the bat. He is quite an annoying crap, but I guarentee you'll catch him. :wink:

Also! You can get a shiny rayquaza, Groudon, etc. If you save in front of them! Yes, it works in these versions too! Just to let you know. ::'

Anyway, I was very bored, so, I got my Golbat (Level 67 WOW, Don't want a Crobat much...) into the Smart Contests, it owned the normal and great ranks, although it only knows 2 smart moves (Moves;)

Mean Look (Beauty) (Don't use) Lowers all Judges heat (W/e) by one (1*)

Poison Fang (Smart) (Use alot) +2 if it excites the audience (2*)

Fly (Smart) (Use alot) +3 if noone picks the same judge (1*)

Air Cutter (Cool) (Use if I screw up in Dance/Visual) +2 if goes first (2*)

I need help with the Visual grouping (Fashion Type; e.g. The Natural / The Flexible) and what moves are good smart moves, and also the fashionable items I should make it wear.

(Sheen full on Golbat, all Bitter Poffins = Full Smartass)

*Sorry for double post*

I remembered that I buried loads of spheres underground about 10 days ago. Maybe 14. So, I buried my lower level ones, and then took the higher leveled ones. Now I have loads of rare stuff in my Base!

I still have at minimum 3 Red, Blue, and Green spheres at 99!

Can someone tell em whether my team is good please? Im not quite sure what their exact levels are.

Prinplup: About level 32

Luxray: About level 30

Ponyta: About level 22

Staravia: About level 25

Machop: About level 20

Gastly: About level 20

I need a good grass pokemon, and I will probably put Gastly in the computer to make room.

Rate please, and can you also tell me a good grass pokemon to have as well please, thanks.

I need a good grass pokemon, and I will probably put Gastly in the computer to make room.

Team: It depends on the amount of badges you have, I'm guessing... 4? If so, that's a good team. Get Luxray and Staravia up levels, I had trouble getting them up, so I abandoned them. With Prinplup, get it to 36 to evolve it. It learns great moves as Empoleon.

Take Machop out for a grass type pokemon. If you have a shiny stone, catch a Roselia or a Budew (Budew; That forest... Roselia; kinda rare in the mansion's 'Trophy' room)

Gastly evolves at 22 I think. And Haunter has a great attack, and is very strong. Keep Haunter, and A.S.A.P trade to a friend with a pokemon game D/P (If you have a friend with a pokemon game D/P)

But remember, that'smy choice. =p

Team: It depends on the amount of badges you have, I'm guessing... 4? If so, that's a good team. Get Luxray and Staravia up levels, I had trouble getting them up, so I abandoned them. With Prinplup, get it to 36 to evolve it. It learns great moves as Empoleon.

Take Machop out for a grass type pokemon. If you have a shiny stone, catch a Roselia or a Budew (Budew; That forest... Roselia; kinda rare in the mansion's 'Trophy' room)

Gastly evolves at 22 I think. And Haunter has a great attack, and is very strong. Keep Haunter, and A.S.A.P trade to a friend with a pokemon game D/P (If you have a friend with a pokemon game D/P)

But remember, that'smy choice. =p

Thanks, I already have a Budew in my computer, so should I put him in my team, and put Machop in the computer?

Thanks, I already have a Budew in my computer, so should I put him in my team, and put Machop in the computer?

If Budew's leveled 10-15, no. You can catch it's evolved form (Roselia) in the Trophy Garden in the Backlot Mansion at levels 17-19 (I think)

Budew evolves by happiness, it takes a while to evolve if you've got 1-6 badges.

Use the shiny stone on Roselia when it goes up at least to level 25.

In my opinion, seeing as I never really used my Machop (7-18) put it in the computer for Roselia / Budew.

If Budew's leveled 10-15, no. You can catch it's evolved form (Roselia) in the Trophy Garden in the Backlot Mansion at levels 17-19 (I think)

Budew evolves by happiness, it takes a while to evolve if you've got 1-6 badges.

Use the shiny stone on Roselia when it goes up at least to level 25.

In my opinion, seeing as I never really used my Machop (7-18) put it in the computer for Roselia / Budew.

Ok, thanks.

Where can I get a shiny stone from?

Oh,man. It's been a while... Ask Sepiroth King... Or google Pokemon (Diamond/Pearl) shiny stone. I use

http://pokemon.marriland (or something like that) for my source of info. Like... Google Pokemon Pearl / Diamond Walkthrough for that site..

Ahah. There's a shiny stone in Iron Island. To get to Iron Island, go to Canalave city, south of the Gym, and talk to the sailor. You get to Iron Island, and you will team with a guy in blue Named Riley. Leave one pokemon slot in your team, he gives you a Riolu egg (Evolves into Lucario) when he gives you the egg, go down the elevator, then to the west side. I don't think you'd be good to go there. The wild pokemon are leveled 28-36 =\ but are Onix/Graveler/Steelix, and on those lines. Riley has a level 34 Lucario (Or around level 34) and will heal your pokemon after every battle.

Ahah. There's a shiny stone in Iron Island. To get to Iron Island, go to Canalave city, south of the Gym, and talk to the sailor. You get to Iron Island, and you will team with a guy in blue Named Riley. Leave one pokemon slot in your team, he gives you a Riolu egg (Evolves into Lucario) when he gives you the egg, go down the elevator, then to the west side. I don't think you'd be good to go there. The wild pokemon are leveled 28-36 =\ but are Onix/Graveler/Steelix, and on those lines. Riley has a level 34 Lucario (Or around level 34) and will heal your pokemon after every battle.

I think I found that one earlier on the web, but I also found another one.

I havnt gone there yet, but it says that on route 228, south of a house where the man inside teaches a pokemon a powerfull move, there is a shiny stone.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, been about a month for posts.. Ohwell,

Anyway, I got to the Master Rank in Cool with my Ariados... Would anyone care to help me with the Visual Groups? (Example; The Flexible) The Natural is the only one I'm good at..

By the way, Lag, how far are you now? Finished?

Pokemon still exists? Hope you guys are 12 or younger posting on this topic :shock:

You must have an extremely good reason to say that. People aged 30 aren't allowed to play a G rated game? Yet, a 10 year old can play an MA15+ game!? Wanna come up with a decent reason?

already played 180 hours on my pokemon diamond game... im busy atm with trading and ev training... and also battling.

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined