Realistic, SMOOTH.......))))))))))))))Blue bg version added

tttia

:shock:

...someones managed to cross a vine with a tulip!

I'm also having a nagging thought that there ought to be some leaves in sight or a shorter stem....

The flower itself looks very detailed, can even see the little wrinkles in the petals. Top centre petal appears to be too plain in comparison to the others and seems to stand out oddly against the background.

Light/shadow work is great on the flower, I'm wondering about the stem again though....

Background could be more detailed, maybe some blue? :wink:

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

0kmg u h4x0r!! u just took a foto of a flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I PK YOU!!!!!!! loljk

nice 1 m8.

(Off Topic)Can you please sound intelligent and make posts longer then a few words?

On Topic:

Very nice m8, looks better then the rose you did for that sig you gave me. I'm loving the incredible detail you have on the petals, very nicely done. Only concern is obvious the smoothness of the stem, it just seems like a piece of string of some sort flowing away, if possible figure a way to "rough" it up. And the middle petal that sticking up beyond the rests does not have enough detail. Another thing you did an amazing job at was the light source, you don't have mixed light sources or anything, which is great, otherwise it makes the piece confusing. The way you have the light angled at it now looks as if the sun is arising on a fresh morning, in the spring time or early summer. Overall a beautiful piece, and I'm hoping you'll do more. Maybe you should do a portrait of my ugly smug :wink:.

I think the flower is very nice. Better than what I could do.

but like I've said before I prefer paper and pencil to mouse and computer screen. I would like to say...Though I have no room to critisize...The background in my opinion is a little too green...The flower doesn't stand out as much, especially the stem(maybe blue, blue is a wonderful compliment to yellow and green, why else do you think the sky is blue? lol)...unless that is what you were going for. I understand why there is not any foliage on the stem, some flowers don't really have a bunch of leaves...Over All Nice work. :D

Actually the reason for the bg was that my reference looked just like that !

Otherwise, yes, blue is nice :)

Since I was simply going for a realistic potrayal I limited myself in expressing the scene in an artistic way.

People seem to want a different color background, so here ya go :)

yellowflower5resaltbg8xq.jpg

Thats nice and all but when are we gonna work on the portrait of me :wink:. Very nice with the blue bg, I like it alot more makes the flower stand out and gives it that certain pop.

Now looks likes its being framed against the sky :)

I think it works well with the light/shadow areas on the flower

sig16xk.jpg

Superknight/Blademaster: Level 150; Hps: 132

Theoretical damage per round: 234

Highest recorded damage in one round: 104

Now looks likes its being framed against the sky :)

I think it works well with the light/shadow areas on the flower

True, but it is relatively rare for a plant to be in total isolation like that, framed against the sky. Maybe from a severe angle from below, but then you would expect some foreshortening.