Animals: In the wild or in captivity?

Mountdoom77

I know this may be an odd topic but i thought it would be quite interesting :).

From my point of view:

Animals may live longer in captivity but i think they deserve to have open land and freedom. No animal wants to be in a cage, a zoo, etc. (I know i wouldn't :P).

Post your thoughts/opinions.

So we're talking about animals who live in the wild (such as tigers, lions, elephants)? If so then yes. They should be left in the wild but with some police patrol to stop poachers.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Having the ones such as elephants and lions and such in wildlife preserves would be a good idea. Hell of a lot better than in a circus! The ones that are pretty much housebroken though would likely do better under the direct care of someone though. Once you get past a certain point, the animal just can't survive without direct human aid. Sucks at times, yes, but that's the way of it. :-w Oh, and for the record, poachers need to be skinned, salted, and roasted as a treat for the animals they'd torture for money or fun. I've seen some of the sh** they've done, and TRUST ME, some of them deserve much worse. :evil:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

how do you know they dont enjoy captivity?

while they are there, they have no predators trying to eat them, they have all the food and attention they need, all medical services incase they get sick, and they are living with animals of there own kind

im not saying they enjoy it or not, just trying to point out some pro's of captivity

clansig7.gif

That line of thinking is basically the same as the "Mama's Boy" way of life, with one difference. If they aren't left to fend for themselves early, then they never will be able to. Some animals would like to stay with their adoptive family, but some are guaranteed to want to escape. In the extreme cases, when they did, it caused some serious damage. That's some of the cons of captivity. :wink: I'm not saying throw the house cats and dogs out, just letting the real wildlife be free.

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

how do you know they dont enjoy captivity?

while they are there, they have no predators trying to eat them, they have all the food and attention they need, all medical services incase they get sick, and they are living with animals of there own kind

im not saying they enjoy it or not, just trying to point out some pro's of captivity

I know, i never said they wouldn't enjoy life in captivity.

They live longer, no threats of danger, and they get a meal everyday.

Captivity is good for extreamly endangered species for the breeding programs that alot of zoos run. Trading with other zoos to keep the gene pool diversified to prevent related animals breeding.

The fact that alot of animals habitats are being destroyed means soon the only place we will be seeing them is in captivity unless we do something about it.

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I also want to add, that I think we shouldn't remove the animals in captivity to the wilderness since they wouldn't be used to it. However we should stop getting animals from the wild for zoos and attractions.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg