I think I have a keylogger. Help!

Lemeja

I downloaded the CursorXP program on the first post of this thread:

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=288112

As soon as I downloaded it a bunch of fake warnings about how I needed to scan my computer kept coming up and wouldn't stop for about 5 minutes. AFTER I had downloaded it I noticed the person who posted the link was banned from tif :wall:

Can anyone confirm if the link is indeed a keylogger and if so how to remove it :wall: :ohnoes:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

That is a keylogger. OK this is very risky. If you have another computer, I strongly recommend using that for the reason that he only has acess to the one computer the person keylogged. Go on a different computer, change your pass immediately and make sure you have recovery questions. Also, never log off with anything on or in inventory, for if he accesses you again, he has to go thru a pin which is very difficult. Hope I helped.

Vlead.png

I haven't typed in my pass since I downloaded it which was like 15 minutes ago. I want more information on how to REMOVE the keylogger. And how do you know it is?

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

well ur deep in the dirt but... if this is a low lvl key log u can just scan it away but... if its a toughie go to like ur neighbors house and use thier computeras posted above. and tell them its very important because.. a keylogger doesnt only steal ur runescape things.. if you know what i mean... it can hack into your files if you odnt get rid of it completely

batboy23130.png

Oh and I've uninstalled it by the way, though I doubt it'll do anything. How can the mods let a link to a keylogger stay on a Sticky topic...

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

All that advice is very sound, but you may want to take your computer into a professional repair shop. Also, report the post, as it's fairly obvious that someone found out the poster was being naughty! :P

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I doubt it. This sounds like more than just a keylogger, or even if it is, a highly advanced one. It can protect itself from almost any anti-virus program, I'm sure. Although you can scan, it will most likely force the program shut or not to find it, or somehow evade it.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I have spy sweeper and Norton anti virus (both are the 2005 versions) and I've scanned with spy sweeper and deleted a bunch of stuff I'm not sure what. Does that fix the problem?

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

i guess my post wastnt worth diddly poop so... i guess this one is serious.. you should ave scanned the link before you went in.. :-k maybe... if you go to download dot com and download antivir guard classic or something like that.. its free and its a reaally god anti virus thing.. i even use it try scanning with that :wink:

batboy23130.png

Cursor XP is a legit program that contains no ad-aware or viruses. That's if you downloaded the program from the official Stardock site.

Download Ad-aware and Spybot, update the definitions then scan. Both prgrams are free. Then post a hijackthis log after you scan with the above programs.

goldenblade995.png

You obviously downloaded something else with a keylogger or whatever, CursorXP does not have any spyware, adware, or keyloggers. Anyway...Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and AVG are all great free programs to download.

I doubt that what you downloaded was a keylogger (although I can't be 100% sure). Download.com pre-scans files before they are placed for downloads. Again I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm fairly positive.

Usually when you anti-virus programs etc running, and you download something from an untrusted source, what happened to you (the warnings etc) will happen.

A very good keylog scanner program is snoopfree: http://www.snoopfree.com/default.htm

Scan with this, it's the best out there. (IMO) If it doesn't go off, you're probably safe from a keylogger.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

aaron1120 asked me to check the link which I've now done. I'm basically 100% sure that it's NOT a keylogger (it would be rare to find a link on Download.com that was).

Also, I personally didn't get any popups etc. after installation of the program. I'd check your PC with a regular spyware scanner such as Spybot Search & Destroy or similar.

uhm, spy sweeper would probably remove it but you must buyt it. there are no cracks out there, i looked many times before i bought it :(

apparently you havent looked very hard.

anyways...you should download the free version of bitdefender and run a scan. imo i has one of the best on demand scanners. superantispyware also.

mysig31ha.png