does ring of wealth really work?

edard

It really hasn't been confirmed whether ROWs work for defenders. Personally, I got my rune in 910 tokens without a ROW. But I know people who got theirs just as fast with one. Everybody likes to argue about it. :XD:

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Wearing one definitely doesnt make it slower. I once got three rune defenders with 250 tokens. I dont really think it helps though, it seems to be random. You hear horror stories of people using like 1000 tokens just to get bronze, but to me it just appears to be random.

Flyingjj.png

Wear ring of wealth everywhere when training. It never reduces your chances of getting an item. It's been explained as follows:

•  
    Definite Drops: 100% An enemy always drops something such as bones, ash, or steel bars.

Common Drops: 90% You have a 9 in 10 chance of obtaining an item from a table of common drops for that monster. Gold typically as well as items usually of lesser value.

Uncommon Drops: 9% A table of more valuable items attached to certain NPCs.

Rare Drops: 1% High value items that is going to require a lot of killing to get, but you should have some luck every few hundred or so.

Extremely Rare Drops: <1% The uber goodies like dragon chains from dust devils or the half shield from pretty much anything. Prepare to wage a one man war to have a shot at these things.

The ring of wealth is supposed to improve the chances of getting a higher value item for each table, it does not cause the tables themselves to change. Example you kill a cyclops and trigger the common drops table which has in it a potential black dagger and black long sword, the ROW improves the odds of getting the black long sword.

I should point out that I do not know what the actual drop tables contain nor do I have any clue as to the actual percentage odds for each one. But this is meant to give you an idea. The defenders are likely to be on an uncommon or rare table with fewer other items, so the ROW won't hurt you. But you'll be more likely to end up with better drops to sell, which makes your efforts more profitable, and that's what wealth is all about.

Oh, and I recommend a good 600 tokens at a time, an hour of cyclops hunting will probably turn up something. Of course, your level and ability to kill the cyclops quickly should determine how long you need to stay in there, it's a matter of kills and luck not tokens spent. Good luck.

Simark.png

Let's put it this way... I got my first D left half when i decided NOT to take my RoW to a fire giant task.

Are you also the type of person to NOT wear a seatbelt because you heard of the rare circumstances about a seat belt actually causing someone's death in a car accident? Even though wearing a seat belt greatly enhances your survival rate?

Even if someone doesn't wear a ring of wealth they, believe it or not, can still get good drops. My advise, stick with the ring of wealth. Even if it doesn't affect defender drops (which apparently only the coders at Jagex knows for certainty), the rest of the drops you get will make you dare I say, wealthier in the long run, as eloquently stated earlier.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

i'll tell you i've killed 1300 cave horrors straight (occasionally taking a break for clues) and haven't gotten a mask while wearing it so it doesn't work much....

edit: like anything else in rs the drops will still be based on pure chance but wear it to improve your chances.

I belive they work, but susspect they give something like a 3% or 5% better chance of getting a rare item. You might notice if you were to kill 10,000 of something with, than without the ring an compare the drops. A bit extreme I know, but a sample base that large might actualy yeild real results.