My routers hate me

Blipo

No, this doesn't belong in Tech & Computers, because I don't need help. I just seriously need to complain.

So, I had an old D-Link router. It worked fine. I just powered it up, hooked in the modem and CAT-5s to my computers, and voila, an internet connection. Yay! Then, one day, it died. Completely. So, I replaced it with a fancy shmancy $150 router. This new router was awesome; it had a fast wireless connection, it looked awesome, and it had a nice WebUI. The only problem was that it would randomly drop its connection to my modem every few minutes, forcing me to reset it. This wasn't good. So, I got a new D-Link.

The new D-Link also looked nice, and was a bit cheaper. However, it came with software it said I needed to install on all my computers. I figured, hah, no way. I configured it manually, and all was well. Until I started IRC.

I connected to the RScript network, and was bot banned for connecting through an open proxy. I tried the Tip.It server. Same thing, but they were nice enough to send me IP to AHBL (who now lists me publicly as an open proxy).

So, I've been turned into an open proxy by my router. Yay. I hate my hardware.

...Er, discuss.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

I feel your pain, I'm forced to do all the tech stuff at my house cuz the rest of my family is clueless :XD: . And my router is stupid and won't automatically assign IP adresses, so I had to go in and manually input adresses for my laptop, two DS's, and a Wii. And not only IP's, but all the stupid DNS and Gateway and Subnet Mask crap. Yeah, a pain.

p2gq.jpg

you got any wireless mice nearby? those have called hell for me with my router.

Another thing to watch out for is heat. Those routers are only convection cooled, so you need to keep them in an open place and never stack stuff near them that will choke air flow around it.

Also try moving it away from any other sources of radio waves, interference might cause a feedback problem.

Icantcmyeye.png

Icantcmyeye.png

No, this doesn't belong in Tech & Computers, because I don't need help. I just seriously need to complain.

So, I had an old D-Link router. It worked fine. I just powered it up, hooked in the modem and CAT-5s to my computers, and voila, an internet connection. Yay! Then, one day, it died. Completely. So, I replaced it with a fancy shmancy $150 router. This new router was awesome; it had a fast wireless connection, it looked awesome, and it had a nice WebUI. The only problem was that it would randomly drop its connection to my modem every few minutes, forcing me to reset it. This wasn't good. So, I got a new D-Link.

The new D-Link also looked nice, and was a bit cheaper. However, it came with software it said I needed to install on all my computers. I figured, hah, no way. I configured it manually, and all was well. Until I started IRC.

I connected to the RScript network, and was bot banned for connecting through an open proxy. I tried the Tip.It server. Same thing, but they were nice enough to send me IP to AHBL (who now lists me publicly as an open proxy).

So, I've been turned into an open proxy by my router. Yay. I hate my hardware.

...Er, discuss.

Lol! Just reset your ip -.- Btw what type of d-link router is yours. My d link router has to be reset 4 times a day or so because it just dies away. Which means I get 4 different ip's a day. So I have also had the problem where when I tried to connect to tip.it I got banned straight away because my ip was a known "problem" I just reset my router and a new ip and back on IRC I went. No real problem dude.

213360.png

Lol! Just reset your ip -.- Btw what type of d-link router is yours. My d link router has to be reset 4 times a day or so because it just dies away. Which means I get 4 different ip's a day. So I have also had the problem where when I tried to connect to tip.it I got banned straight away because my ip was a known "problem" I just reset my router and a new ip and back on IRC I went. No real problem dude.

You shouldn't have to reset your router 4 times a day. That is a real problem.

I haven't had to reset my router in months.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I feel your pain, I'm forced to do all the tech stuff at my house cuz the rest of my family is clueless :XD: . And my router is stupid and won't automatically assign IP adresses, so I had to go in and manually input adresses for my laptop, two DS's, and a Wii. And not only IP's, but all the stupid DNS and Gateway and Subnet Mask crap. Yeah, a pain.

hmm.

Start > Connect To > Show all connections > LAN/Wireless > Properties > Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) > Properties > Select obtain IP adress automatically + select obtain dns server information automatically

Hope I helped <3:

213360.png

You shouldn't have to reset your router 4 times a day. That is a real problem.

I haven't had to reset my router in months.

No.....really?

I only have to reset it because the wirless doesn't work. But then again that's the main part of a router xD 4 is slight exagerrating it. Maybe once or twice. But once I had to do it 11 times in a day.

213360.png

hmm.

Start > Connect To > Show all connections > LAN/Wireless > Properties > Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) > Properties > Select obtain IP adress automatically + select obtain dns server information automatically

Hope I helped <3:

I know, but my router just won't do it. If I set it to that, I can't get connection at all. I have to make up my own IP's and manually input them into each of the devices on the network, and then go to the router's hub and get all the other info to input. Then the stuff works, but the router just has a block about auto-obtaining IP's.

p2gq.jpg