Magic: the Gathering (split from trading card topic)

Necromagus

I just thought we'd best continue our discussion here so that the trading card thread won't get derailed too much...

So, we finally get Planeswalker cards in Lorwyn, as well as some other interesting stuff...

attachmentda1.jpg

Basic rules for Planeswalkers:

- Planeswalkers can be cast at sorcery speed for their mana cost.

- Planeswalkers come into play with an amount of loyalty counters on them equal to the number in the bottom right of the card.

- Once during your turn, you may use one of the Planeswalker's activiated abilities. The number to the left of the ability is the loyalty cost.

- When the Planeswalker's loyalty reaches 0, it is sent to the graveyard.

- Planeswalkers may be targeted by spells that target permanents or spells that target Planeswalkers.

- During combat, the attacking player may assign creatures to attack the Planeswalker in stead of the defending player. The defending player may block using the standard combat rules.

- Whenever a creature attacks a planeswalker and is unblocked, the Planeswalker loses loyalty counters equal to the amount of damage that would be dealt.

WTF! As i said in the TCG thread, i'm not up to date on magic.

So i can't kill this guy using "target creature" spells, but i can kill her with Vindicate or something. I guess Bounces and Counters just got a notch more valuable..

I always thought though that the players are supposed to be planeswalker batteling each other. I had this dispute with a friend of mine. He viewed it as two cultures batteling each other, i viewed it as a wizards contest. I guess my friend is more right atm with the introduction of planeswalker.

How many of them are out there? One of each color?

uhm.. and do they have summoning sickness?

They don't seem very different from normal creatures...

They can't attack or block. They are not any closer to being a creature then to being an enchantment.

EDIT: Think a bit on it, they seem to be more something for casual gamers and for style. The card you posted basically is just a cheap, powerful spell with three turns delay. You really just need somekind of bounce to disable the threat. True the ultimate is powerful, but the other abilities? A one damage clock for 5 mana, or a single target creature removal for 5 mana. I mean it's nice, but there are certainly stronger cards out there. THen again i don't know anything about the synergies she can be embedded in.

I'll assume that the abilities with +# beside them give you loyalty counters? If so, then they look freakin' sweet! You know if the standard healing cards let you "heal" these things? I got a friend who'd put this to GOOD use if so. As well as me. :twisted:

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.

I'll assume that the abilities with +# beside them give you loyalty counters? If so, then they look freakin' sweet! You know if the standard healing cards let you "heal" these things? I got a friend who'd put this to GOOD use if so. As well as me. :twisted:

You can't heal them, since they ave no life. They got loyality instead.

It's been a looong while since I last played Magic (back from the Mirrodin block), and that looks nowhere near a Magic Card... It's incredible how much it's changed in the last years... :-k

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Most of the changes have been cosmetic. Of course the Planeswalker card looks different from regular cards, since it's a new card type. The new card frames in Future Sight were simply because these cards were from 'the future'. A lot of the changes in wording (the most drastic change was probably the introduction of the Aura) are mainly to make the cards easier to understand.

Im like a super noob to the card game but im not to happy about the planeswalkers. If Im right at all arent the players supposed to be "planeswalkers" and the cards are severaly underpowered for one. Lorwyn seems preety cool though. You've got many survivng 'walkers, no past catastophes as far as we know, and no humans for a change. But now that I think about it they could still decimate your enemy... Whatever good or bad we will see. Edit:whoops some of the stuff Ive mentioned already has been.

Get me a whopper!

Me and my friends gave up at the Kamigawa block. Nonetheless, I had this kick-[wagon] Rat deck.

Also, what are the +'s and -'s? I've never seen that before.

+1 counter: deal 1 dmg to target player

-X counter: deals X to target

-8 counter:deals 10 to target

When did this pack came out.. i think i missed out alot

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/