Carna's Pure Guide

seriouscarna

This guide is only written from my experiences, I have PKed as each melee-style of pure. My accounts: Rune_Carna (45 Defence) and Melee_Carna (was 1 Defence, 20 Defence and is now 40 Defence).

Enjoy.

[hide=1 Defence]1 Defence Pures;

This are the 1st step for ANY type of Pure.

Ideal Stats:

60/70 Attack

80-99 Strength

1 Defence

70 Range

52 Prayer

82 Magic

Note: 60 Attack for Dragon Scimitar, 70 if you want to use Abyssal Whip. 82 Magic and 70 Range arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t required, but are welcome additions to your pure (70 Range for Black Dragonhide Chaps/Vambraces, 82 Magic for Ice Blitz) and 52 Prayer for Smite.

Ideal Gear:

1def.jpg

Note: Fire Cape can be used instead of Team Cape. Amulet of Glory instead of Amulet of Strength.

Training:

Rock Crabs or Experiments for the stats you want. If you have Prayer Potions you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need for PKing, go Bandits. They are costly, but well worth it IMO purely for the fact that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãât need to constantly click (beware of randoms though).

PKing:

2 Rings of Recoil (1 Equipped, 1 in Inventory), Pure set (Super Attack and Super Strength Potions), 1-2 Prayer Potions (3-4 Doses), a Dragon Dagger (P++) and the rest Sharks. Also a teleport if you choose to take them, I chose not to as all you lose is a DDS, hardly worth teleing for.

In my experience, (at 70-75 Combat) I only ever took in 10-12 Sharks and 1-3 doses of Prayer Potion aswell as the Recoils, DDS and Pure set. You or your opponent rarely live long enough for you to eat more than 15 Sharks and drink more than 2-3 Prayer Potion doses.

Quests:

Italics means not required.

All Recipe for Disaster Requirement Quests for your Glove type.

Lost City: Dragon Dagger

Horror from the Deep: Unholy Book

Monkey Madness: Dragon Scimitar

Recipe for Disaster (5 Subquests): Mithril Gloves

Death Plateau: Climbing Boots

Desert Treasure: Ancient Magicks

Recruitment Drive: 1k free Prayer Experience.[/hide]

[hide=20 Defence]20 Defence Pures;

Do NOT train Defence, do Nature Spirit quest (A requirement for the 6th Subquest of Recipe for Disaster) for the Defence experience and then and ONLY then, train it until 20.

Ideal Stats:

70 Attack

85-99 Strength

20 Defence

70 Range

52 Prayer

82 Magic

Note: 70 Attack for Abyssal Whip, higher Strength to balance out your Defence levels. 82 Magic and 70 Range arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t required, but are welcome additions to your pure (70 Range for Black Dragonhide Chaps/Vambraces, 82 Magic for Ice Blitz) and 52 Prayer for Smite.

Ideal Gear:

20def.jpg

Note: Fire Cape can be used instead of Team Cape. Amulet of Glory instead of Amulet of Strength.

Training:

Rock Crabs or Experiments for the stats you want. If you have Prayer Potions you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need for PKing, go Bandits. They are costly, but well worth it IMO purely for the fact that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãât need to constantly click (beware of randoms though).

PKing:

2 Rings of Recoil (1 Equipped, 1 in Inventory), Super set (Super Attack, Super Strength and Super Defence Potions), 2 (4 dose) Prayer Potions, a Dragon Dagger (P++) and the rest Sharks. Also a teleport if you choose to take them.

In my experience, Initiate Pures are best at around 80-90 Combat. Be warned; you WILL die a lot through PJers/DDS Specials.

Quests:

Horror from the Deep: Unholy Book

Monkey Madness: Dragon Scimitar

Recipe for Disaster (6 Subquests): Mithril Gloves

Recruitment Drive: Initiate Armour[/hide]

[hide=40 Defence]40 Defence Pures;

Do NOT train Defence, getting Rune/Barrow Gloves will get you your Defence levels.

Ideal Stats:

70 Attack

85-99 Strength

40 Defence

70 Range

52 Prayer

82 Magic

Note: 70 Attack for Abyssal Whip, Strength doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãât matter so much when you go 40 Defence as you have a lot of Strength Bonus giving Gear. 82 Magic and 70 Range arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t required, but are welcome additions to your pure (70 Range for Black Dragonhide Chaps/Vambraces, 82 Magic for Ice Blitz) and 52 Prayer for Smite.

Ideal Gear:

40defgearbu6.png

Note: Fire Cape can be used instead of Team Cape. Amulet of Glory instead of Amulet of Strength. A Rune Heraldic Helm or Fighter Hat would be better than a regular Rune Full Helm to cut down on your loss if you die. Barrow Gloves can be achieved at 40 Defence.

Training:

Rock Crabs or Experiments for the stats you want. If you have Prayer Potions you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need for PKing, go Bandits. They are costly, but well worth it IMO purely for the fact that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãât need to constantly click (beware of randoms though). I've used Dagganoths at Lighthouse to train also.

PKing:

40definventkr4.png

In my experience, the painted Rune Kiteshield can SAVE you if you start getting DDS Specced. It is entirely up to you to take it or not, but I would recommend it.

Quests:

Recipe for Disaster (7-8 Subquests & Battle): Rune Gloves or Barrow Gloves

Recruitment Drive: Initiate Armour

Slug Menace: Proselyte Armour

Dragon Slayer: Rune Platebody and Black Dragonhide Body.

Heroes Quest: Ability to recharge your own Amulet of Glories.[/hide]

[hide=45 Defence]45 Defence Pures;

Do NOT train Defence, getting Rune/Barrow Gloves will get you your Defence levels.

Ideal Stats:

70 Attack

85-99 Strength

45 Defence

70 Range

52 Prayer

82 Magic

Note: 70 Attack for Abyssal Whip, Strength doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãât matter so much when you go 40 Defence as you have a lot of Strength Bonus giving Gear. 82 Magic and 70 Range arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t required, but are welcome additions to your pure (70 Range for Black Dragonhide Chaps/Vambraces, 82 Magic for Ice Blitz) and 52 Prayer for Smite.

Ideal Gear:

45def.jpg

Note: Fire Cape can be used instead of Team Cape. Amulet of Glory instead of Amulet of Strength. A Warrior Helmet can be used instead of Berserker Helmet.

Training:

Rock Crabs or Experiments for the stats you want. If you have Prayer Potions you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t need for PKing, go Bandits. They are costly, but well worth it IMO purely for the fact that you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãât need to constantly click (beware of randoms though). I've used Dagganoths at Lighthouse to train also.

PKing:

40definventkr4.png

In my experience, the painted Rune Kiteshield can SAVE you if you start getting DDS Specced. It is entirely up to you to take it or not, but I would recommend it.

Quests:

Recipe for Disaster (7-8 Subquests & Battle): Rune Gloves or Barrow Gloves

Recruitment Drive: Initiate Armour

Slug Menace: Proselyte Armour

Dragon Slayer: Rune Platebody and Black Dragonhide Body.

Heroes Quest: Ability to recharge your own Amulet of Glories.

The Fremennik Trials: Fremennik Helmets[/hide]

Melee_Carna's Stats:meleecarna.jpg

Rune_Carna's Stats:runecarna.jpg

Fire Cape is NOT required to PK, it surely would HELP, but is not NEEDED, so if you do not have the patience, money or skill to complete the Caves, God Cape or anything else you want to use is still a good option.

There are other places to train your Pures, I've only listed where I have trained at. If you have any places you have personally trained your accounts, by all means post and I will add them.

Any questions, suggestions, comments, just post.

Fire Cape on SeriousCarna: Achieved 25/09/07

Fire Cape on Melee_Carna: 2 Failed Attempts.

Fire Cape on Rune_Carna: Not Done.

does freminik isles give def exp? if not ( or even if it does who cares about 1-2 def lvls) do it for nezzy helm. way better than warrior tbh.

It means a hell of alot.

Anyways, great guide, but very basic info...nice pictures tyhough

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Very nice guide

Are these pures sucessful mostly?

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I have over 1k kill pics over my 2 pure accounts, all of which are over 50k and most over 200k of loot. Stats don't make the PKer, but they do help :P 1 Defence I've found is good to begin with when PKing, to learn how to switch, timing, potting, etc. 20 Defence is awesome profit, you can die 10 times and only need to kill 1 Rune Pure and you've got enough cash to rebuy all your Initiate Armour. 40 and 45 Defence rock when PKing at 89-95 Combat, but it's all luck mainly. On Rune_Carna I went for higher Attack instead of higher Strength because I'd rather hit constant 34s instead of a 40 here and there.

Short answer: Yes.

I have over 1k kill pics over my 2 pure accounts, all of which are over 50k and most over 200k of loot. Stats don't make the PKer, but they do help :P 1 Defence I've found is good to begin with when PKing, to learn how to switch, timing, potting, etc. 20 Defence is awesome profit, you can die 10 times and only need to kill 1 Rune Pure and you've got enough cash to rebuy all your Initiate Armour. 40 and 45 Defence rock when PKing at 89-95 Combat, but it's all luck mainly. On Rune_Carna I went for higher Attack instead of higher Strength because I'd rather hit constant 34s instead of a 40 here and there.

thats why i got 99 attack :P

ot, good guide. itll help for my pure-to-be. its sofar 21 cb with 35 str lolz

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

True they do have the Defence to train at different spots, but where I've said is the only place I, personally, have trained. If you have any places you have trained your pure, by all means post and I shall add it. :)

I assure you I do know what I babble about, it IS 40 Defence, if it wasn't I would NOT be able to use it on my 40 Defence pure, yet I can so therefore it is 40 Defence to wear :wink:

• 1 month later...
For 40 defense instead of that initiate helmet you can wear the cyclops helmet from barbarian assault. You know, the one with one eye. :)[/ture]

ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ-)ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ--------------.....Everyone who has accomplished more than you has no life; everyone who has accomplished less than you is a noob.....ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ-)ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ--------------james111116ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ-)ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãââ--------------