Gallery Dictionary. Don't understand a word? Look here!

ThruItAll

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good idea.

My contributions:

.JPEG a file type which compresses the image, sometimes degrading quality. Not to be used for pixel signatures.

.PNG a file type which is best for pixel signatures, as it doesn't lose quality. Not good for graphical images, as it has a high file size.

Tag synonym for 'signature'.

Tablet hardware which uses a pen to draw directly onto the computer, like a piece of paper. Achieves better results than a mouse.

spacescenev24.jpg

Oh this is a great idea. =D>

I will submit some words when I think of them.

EDIT:

[b]Anti-Alias[/b]Anti-Aliasing (often abbreviated to AA) is making lines that are made of pixels look smoother. Sometimes this is done automatically by a graphics program. Some pixel artists do this by hand, by placing pixels of a color that lies in between the color of the (out)line and the background next to the (out)line.

[b]By Jopie211[/b]

I hope this is ok. :uhh:

penguin.gif

pixel avvy by me deviantART

Sorry :oops:

[b]Photoshop[/b] Adobe Photoshop, the industry leading graphics design program. It costs alot, but can produce almost any image. Works in a bitmap, as opposed to vector.

[b]Vector[/b] Uses mathematic principles to create curves and lines which can be coloured etc. Is infinitely scalable, you can zoom in 6000% with no quality loss. Bitmap programs would just show the pixels it consists of.

spacescenev24.jpg

[b]Buddies or Buddy kits[/b]- A group of premade items/objects usually pixeled that a person can rearrange to make their own character. 

[b]By Unoalexi[/b]

[b]Avatar[/b]- The image used to represent a person's profile. Usually displayed under the person's name.

[b]By Unoalexi[/b]

[b]Banner[/b]- A large image used as the header for a title page in blogs/shops/ect. 

[b]By Unoalexi[/b]

[b]GIMP[/b]- A free program that functions similar to Photoshop.

By Unoalexi

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

[b]Focus point[/b]The place in the signature, which you're going to watch first. Usually the render in the middle of the signature.

[b]By Runemetsa[/b]

[b]DeviantArt[/b]Currently the leading art community in the world which provides you the most tutorials, skins, brushes and other resources. Used to show off your art work for others. [url=http://www.deviantart.com]Click me[/url]

[b]By Runemetsa[/b]

[b]Uzzisoft[/b]Probably the most easiest to use multiple signature generator. You can make your signature change every time, when refressing the page. [url=http://www.uzzisoft.com]Click me[/url]

[b]By Runemetsa[/b]

[b]Stock[/b]Used to create the focus. You can use stock or render. Only difference between these is that stock has the backround left, render doesn't.

[b]By Runemetsa[/b]

[b]Avatar[/b]The icon that you can find on your posts top left corner, under your name. You can change it from your profile to make people remember you. Avatar can be max sized 100x100x6kb.

[b]By Runemetsa[/b]

[b]ImageShack[/b]The most well known uploading website for you to upload your signatures. [url=http://www.imageshack.us]Click me[/url]

[b]By Runemetsa[/b]

mini-eerikki.jpeg

runemetsauserbar.jpg

[Star Wreck][PM me][My gallery][DeviantArt][Cool T-shirts!]

[iron Sky - Trailer is now out!]

[b].PSD File[/b]|Stands for Photoshop Document. It's good to save your uncomplete graphics designs as one of these, so that you can pick up where you last finished.|

[b]By Rainy_Day[/b]

Pretty good idea, ThruItAll. ::'

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

RIP Michaelangelopolous

[b]Photo manip[/b]- A type of sig that is made from a stock photo manipulated in Photoshop.

[b]By Unoalexi[/b]

Lol at navy for not defining his(her?)own art style! :lol:

Awww :( :wall:

And its "his"

And yes I'm straight because I know theres some people that think that because I work with pretty images that I'm gay... I have a girlfriend just fyi.

mybest_1.jpg

-All sigs by me.

[My Gallery]

[b]Photo manip[/b]- A type of sig that is made from a stock photo manipulated in Photoshop.

[b]By Unoalexi[/b]

Lol at navy for not defining his(her?)own art style! :lol:

Awww :( :wall:

And its "his"

And yes I'm straight because I know theres some people that think that because I work with pretty images that I'm gay... I have a girlfriend just fyi.

I have the same 'his' problem sometimes, because I use alot of smilies -.-

Anyways, Ive updated the list a bit.

Because people want to find something fast, ive made the names a bit smaller.

And, this is worth a sticky. Keep it up everyone!

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

[b]Blend Mode[/b] An effect used in photoshop to do many different things to an image.

[b]By Pandaownage[/b]

idk

Thanks for taking mine -.-

Blending Mode A mode which you can set a tool or a layer on, which have different advantages for you, some to cut the black out, like linear dodge, or addition, and some to add colors and invert.

By ThruItAll