Mini-Games: Treasure Trails

UPDATE!! Post any corrections and additions for the Treasure Trails Guide and our Full List of Coordinates by making a new topic in the new Website Updates and Corrections forum http://forum.tip.it/viewforum.php?f=186

Don't forget to include the subheading the correction is under/where the addition would go.

If you have any new information to submit, please check the Treasure Trails Guide FIRST to make sure what you're about to post isn't already in the guide.

If it isn't, then submit away! However, to make it easier for us, we'd like to ask everyone submitting new clues to please provide a quickie JPG of your clue (it's okay if the pic is fuzzy) so we can get the exact wording to type on the website.

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• 2 years later...

Coordinate clue 24 58 North / 18 43 East

Add that you will need a lockpick to enter the Pirates Hall as its very annoying to get there and find that you can't get in. I know - I just did that :wall:

Hi

It would be good to have this bit:

If you have a level 3 coordinates clue that leads to a spot in the wilderness, be prepared to fight a level 65 or 74 Zamorak Wizard. The wizard is very protective of any treasure that may be buried in the wilderness, and he won't let you get it without a fight. He will attack you with Flames of Zamorak, and your best defense is to use prayer and have Protect-from-Magic ON.

before this bit as this bit is more common:

If your level 3 coordinates clue leads to a spot outside the wilderness, you'll have to fight and kill a level 108 Saradomin Wizard to get the casket containing your treasure/next clue. We have heard that for some coordinates clues outside the wilderness, you may get a Zamorak Wizard instead of a Saradomin Wizard. If this happens to you, count your blessings. If you DO get a Saradomin Wizard, he will attack you with a poisoned dagger if you use prayer and have Protect-from-Magic ON. If you have Protect-from-Melee ON, he will attack you with magic. The best way to defend yourself against this very strong wizard is to wear full dragonhide and attack him with Protect-from-Melee ON.

blackmwccape,scorpus57.gif

scorpus57.gif

~~!~~ScOrPuS~~!~~

• 2 weeks later...

The clue

**The dead red dragon looks down on this chest. He must really dig the view.

has changed to

changeddigsitequ2.jpg

The chest has also moved from

Search the chest under the dragon's head in the Digsite building where the archeological expert is.

The chests are now on the opposite wall to the 2 dragon heads. It is the chest opposite the Red Dragon head - the easternmost chest of the 4

changeddigsitechestkh6.jpg

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

The clue
**The dead red dragon looks down on this chest. He must really dig the view.

has changed to

[image removed to save space]

The chest has also moved from

Search the chest under the dragon's head in the Digsite building where the archeological expert is.

The chests are now on the opposite wall to the 2 dragon heads. It is the chest opposite the Red Dragon head - the easternmost chest of the 4

[image removed to save space]

Thanks, we'll change the guide.

You said it yourself:

you can drop a clue scroll kill a monster and then pick up the clue the monster dropped

You can pick up the clue a monster drops, but ONLY if you drop the one you currently have. You cannot then pick up the one you dropped and have two in your inventory at once. If you friend told you he did, then he's pulling your leg. You cannot have more than one clue at the same time.

From the Runescape Knowledge Base:

You will only receive a new clue scroll if you do not already have one in your bank or inventory.

Our guide is correct. And to killjoyfuly, yes, our guide DOES say that. And it's correct.

• 2 weeks later...
I got this clue, it's a level 1. I'm still searching for the right drawers, I'll edit this post when I found them. I believe it is not found in your guide.

clue.jpg

EDIT: I found it in the house above the castle, near a lvl 2 woman. The stairs are in the house of the Bartender, with the bar symbol.

Clues like that usually are posted in this method.

"Drawers, East Ardougne."

Rather than post the entire message, we provide the only 2 pieces of information needed to find the appropriate area. In this case, the clue was listed under search as "Draws, upstairs in East Ardougne."

Also, while I have this post, it should probably be noted somewhere in the Coordinate section that if your level 3 Coordinate Scroll leads you to inside a ring in the duel arena, you will not have to fight a Saradomin or Zamorak wizard, however you will need a friend or someone to challenge you to get into the appropriate arena.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

• 2 weeks later...

Kiara, slight miswording on one of the clues

The site says:

**In a town with guards armed with maces, search the upstairs room of the public house.

The clue actually says:

In a town WHERE THE guards are armed with maces, search the upstairs rooms of the Public House.

should be where the instead of with.

Thanks,

abomb67

'scaper since 2001

Tip.it Crew 2003-2007

- Guides and Beastiary

abomb67.png

• 2 weeks later...

In the rewards page, it says that wizard boots are obtained from level 1 clues, but after reading a recent update it seems they're actually level 2 rewards:

Wizard boots have been relocated in the treasure trails chest of your costume room. Up to now, players could store these in the level 1 clue scroll section; however they are obtained from level 2 clue scrolls.

They state that they're from level 2 clues. To be honest I thought they were from level 1's but it's coming straight from Jagex.

Tyrrell9.gif

you can now tallk to the professor about treasure trail after you start the quest

[hide]ttud8.png[/hide]

[hide=]

Wow... I just scanned it with my new high tech program called "common sense" and it detected a scam.

Some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed.

Gee, for someone with "billions and billions on multiple accounts", you sure whine a lot.
[/hide]

• 1 month later...

New map for goblin village has been snuck onto the site. It needs to be re-dimensioned and credit given to sophia1900 (for the pic) and foo911 (for cropping and reducing it to the size needed for the guide).

Thanks.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.