Monday Poll: Why do you use other fan site Quest guides?

MPM

When I use guides from other sites it is because they show up in google search results ahead of tip.it. For example, I search for:

runescape ghosts ahoy

Sal's is right at the top (I believe this is true for any quest) and tip.it's guide is much further down in the results.

Also, when I look at the Sal's URL, the ending is:

/quests/GhostAhoy.html

While tip.it's is:

/runescape/?rs2quest_id=89

It is much easier to tell for sure that the Sal's link is what I am looking for than it is with the tip.it link (sometimes I'll click the tip.it link to find that it is for another quest that requires the quest I am looking for).

All of that said, for the most part, I prefer the tip.it guides and often find myself going back to them when I get stuck while using another guide.

Hope this helps, tip.it is a great site!

viral_wulf.png

i only use other sites when i'm in a hurry and not sure where to find it on tipit--punch what i'm looking for into google, select the first option that comes up. Sometimes its tipit, sometimes it isnt...

racistmodhq9.png Racist Mod (may or may not have been taken out of context)

Figuring out what to put in my signature just takes too much work.

If your still reading this, your a noob.

lol

i choose both, tip.it and runehq.

i take tip.it because its relevently fast and easy to do, but for more difficult quests i choose rune hq because they explain it step by step and it seems way more clear to me

BRAVO to both sites =D>

aV8bbgr.jpg

aV89u0i.jpg

On My Way To A Non-Shiney Quest Cape

I prefer not to use tip.it quest guides most of the time as they are simply not in depth enough for me.

I think the long paragraphs should be split up and made easier to read and digest. A few more pictures would be nice as well.

Maybe have two types of guides:

- The in depth ones with clear simple instructions

- The "helpful" ones which just give you a little nudge and send you in the right direction (The current guides)

Whatpulse!

213358.png

Yeah, when I do quests, I normally have tip it's guide, and rune hq's guide, since i can cross reference both for accuracy, since they're both detailed, just in different parts, so i get all the help I need. Rune hq also has pictures too sometimes, which can help some.

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

goldenramoth.png

because sometimes your quest guides suck.

a tad harsh?

I have all the major sites on tabs when I did "hard" quests.

Tip.it, RuneHQ, Zybez, Sal's Realm, and sometimes RuneWeb.

In all my questing none of the the websites have been pefect. They all miss or lack something.

I've used RuneHQ Many times Before, and Zybez, and Sals realm of Runescape. The first time I found Tip.It's Guides I fell inlove. Many other websites lag alot, but Tip.It's run perfectly for me. I'm going to stick with Tip.It from now, until EVER lol.

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

I mostly use tip.it because it's pretty simple. If i use a different website it would be rune hq because some of the pictures help me out if i'm not going in the right direction of tip.it's guides

Something.png