Potatoes with Cheese

TheLad1

ill still buy them because its a good form of food i can use for kbd trips or those times where im fighting a high level quest boss monster and i could do with something a little better than lobs.

Why would you bother? Monkfish cost less, heal the same and can be bought in bulk.

why would i waste time fishing monks when i can games necklace tele to the games room,run to the guild and buy what i need for the occasion and then do the boss konster/quest.it would be so frustrating for me to go to a busy city or go to piscatoris and just sit theyre bored out of my head when i can be having fun and kicking some boss mnsters...well you know what...legs :P

You totally missed the point.

Your idea involves paying 420k for 1000 pieces of food, which requires about 40 trips back and forth between the shop and bank.

Or you can just buy 1000 monkfish for about 325k and get them all at once noted.

Which makes more sense? It's not a tough call.

i shouldnt be arguing about this but why would i buy 1000 pieces of food if im fighting one boss in a quest.i didnt say i was going to buy 1000's howver i did say that im gonna use them when lobs are just a little weak in the healing process.

Sorry to form a quote wall, but if you're killing the KQ or KBD, you're going to need enough food for multiple trips. At which point buying food in bulk is better.

I suppose it's a good source of quick decent emergency food when you need it, but I think it's a better idea to just buy a lot of monkfish so you have them whenever you need them - it's cheaper, and faster.

Btw your punctuation is awful kris :P

Well i think its worth it, if you want them then you should pay extra...but 420gp? thats outrageous! should be 100-150gp in my point of view :-#

should be 100-150gp in my point of view :-#

Which would make monkfish redundant.

Jagex set the price of the potato and cheese at the right amount. Even though I am not a fisher (only lvl 64), I am sure that there would be much outrage over the price. People would be selling and buying monkfish much less than the current price should taters with cheese be unlimited at 150gp ea.

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

Seems pretty fair to me. As much as rcers don't want rcing to be endangered with low nat prices, same goes with fishers and cooks. Krisc6 is using it the way Jagex meant it to be. Urgent need without extra trouble.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Perhaps Jagex is trying to encourage cooking (as well as fishing)? In any decent POH, there are unlimited potatoes, cheese and milk. If your house is in Yanille, which I think you only need 50 construction to move it there, then you're close to a bank. You could cook potatoes with cheese and bank them easily. You'd only need butter. And isn't there a churn in Yanille next to the hops patch? If so, you could get 14 milks from your kitchen, churn them into butter, bake the potatoes, add the butter and cheese, bank, repeat, all within Yanille. If these things are worth 300 gp each, it might not be a horrible money maker, and it's easy and free cooking xp and good training food.

punitivedsig.png

Perhaps Jagex is trying to encourage cooking (as well as fishing)? In any decent POH, there are unlimited potatoes, cheese and milk. If your house is in Yanille, which I think you only need 50 construction to move it there, then you're close to a bank. You could cook potatoes with cheese and bank them easily. You'd only need butter. And isn't there a churn in Yanille next to the hops patch? If so, you could load get 14 milks from your kitchen, churn them into butter, bake the potatoes, add the butter and cheese, bank, repeat, all within Yanille. If these things are worth 300 gp each, it might not be a horrible money maker, and it's easy and free cooking xp and good training food.

I like your thinking. I'm going to look into that!

phata_elise.png

try using chocolate bombs instead as training food. with infinite stock, theyre only 160 gp ea (cheaper then lobs) and heal 15 hp (more then lobs) the only downfall is there's about a 1 1/2 second delay after you eat before it heals you, so it shouldnt be used in dangerous spots with instant kills. but for training, it shouldnt be a problem!

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

try using chocolate bombs instead as training food. with infinite stock, theyre only 160 gp ea (cheaper then lobs) and heal 15 hp (more then lobs) the only downfall is there's about a 1 1/2 second delay after you eat before it heals you, so it shouldnt be used in dangerous spots with instant kills. but for training, it shouldnt be a problem!

Actually they're 450 each now.