Potatoes with Cheese

TheLad1

With the recent 'unlimitted' shop update & the problems this caused with bulk purchasing of certain items I notice that the Warriors Guild is now selling potatoes again - But at 420 gp each now!! Increased from an average price of 9gp before update.

I used to get the vast majority of my 'training' food from here, because it was very good value.

I would be happy for Jagex to return to limiting stcoks & 're-adjusting' prices again.

In my mind unlimmited stcok is not always a good thing.

Anyone else agree with this thought?

the_lad_1.png

They never should have been so cheap to begin with.

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

The Warrior's Guild food and potions were great but with Jagex's new anti-botting scheme, there was no way they could keep them that cheap and keep an infinite stock of them. However they seemed to have raised the prices to the point where no one will buy them at all.

If the food and potions were mainly intended for people to use to get Tokens or fight the Cyclops for Defenders, then they should put them back at their original prices, but make them so that you can't take them outside the Guild.

If the point was to offer cheap potions and food (in limited supply) as a reward for being able to enter the Guild, then they should do like they just did with Pineapples and Battlestaffs.

Berrakus.png

Dragon Drops - 10 Meds, 9 Legs, 5 Skirts, 2 Left Half

PM me to have any potions made or crafting done

The Warrior's Guild food and potions were great but with Jagex's new anti-botting scheme, there was no way they could keep them that cheap and keep an infinite stock of them. However they seemed to have raised the prices to the point where no one will buy them at all.

If the food and potions were mainly intended for people to use to get Tokens or fight the Cyclops for Defenders, then they should put them back at their original prices, but make them so that you can't take them outside the Guild.

If the point was to offer cheap potions and food (in limited supply) as a reward for being able to enter the Guild, then they should do like they just did with Pineapples and Battlestaffs.

+1

or they could've just changed all the other shops but keep this one as before

misterxsiggyzs8.jpg

While Jagex hasn't openly said this, they have clearly implied that part of what they were doing here was to remove items that undermined skilling. It never made sense that you could buy food as good as monkfish for 9 gp, or potions for 9 gp for example.

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

ill still buy them because its a good form of food i can use for kbd trips or those times where im fighting a high level quest boss monster and i could do with something a little better than lobs.

Why would you bother? Monkfish cost less, heal the same and can be bought in bulk.

signew2.png

ill still buy them because its a good form of food i can use for kbd trips or those times where im fighting a high level quest boss monster and i could do with something a little better than lobs.

Why would you bother? Monkfish cost less, heal the same and can be bought in bulk.

why would i waste time fishing monks when i can games necklace tele to the games room,run to the guild and buy what i need for the occasion and then do the boss konster/quest.it would be so frustrating for me to go to a busy city or go to piscatoris and just sit theyre bored out of my head when i can be having fun and kicking some boss mnsters...well you know what...legs :P

tifsdac6mc.gif

i have an idea=

if you tried to leave the guild with any food/potions you bought from the guild or put them in the bank, a message would come up from the gurdian saying something along the lines of "those are only intended for use in the guild" and you wouldnt be able to leave the guild till you ate/drank everything

My Goal Signature

i have an idea=

if you tried to leave the guild with any food/potions you bought from the guild or put them in the bank, a message would come up from the gurdian saying something along the lines of "those are only intended for use in the guild" and you wouldnt be able to leave the guild till you ate/drank everything

Then the items would have no purpose whatsoever. :roll:

i have an idea=

To gain tokens and defenders maybe :roll:

IGN: HesFearless.

-Jamie

i have an idea=

To gain tokens and defenders maybe :roll:

it takes like 3 hours to go to rune defender... after that there isn't really that much point cause you waste too much time getting the lil tokens things to actually train much there

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

+1

or they could've just changed all the other shops but keep this one as

before

+1

range: 64/80/80

mage: 61/84/82

atk: 46/77/60

str 41/82/99

elvin007.gif

Thats a bit of over kill but still if they were 9gp each it'd ruin it for the fishers. So i understand were they came from.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

why would i waste time fishing monks when i can games necklace tele to the games room,run to the guild and buy what i need for the occasion and then do the boss konster/quest.it would be so frustrating for me to go to a busy city or go to piscatoris and just sit theyre bored out of my head when i can be having fun and kicking some boss mnsters...well you know what...legs :P

Well, Jagex has taken something worthless, made it briefly useful, and then realizing what they've done made it worthless again. Oh well.

You totally missed the point.

Your idea involves paying 420k for 1000 pieces of food, which requires about 40 trips back and forth between the shop and bank.

Or you can just buy 1000 monkfish for about 325k and get them all at once noted.

Which makes more sense? It's not a tough call.

signew2.png

You totally missed the point.

Your idea involves paying 420k for 1000 pieces of food, which requires about 40 trips back and forth between the shop and bank.

Or you can just buy 1000 monkfish for about 325k and get them all at once noted.

Which makes more sense? It's not a tough call.

i shouldnt be arguing about this but why would i buy 1000 pieces of food if im fighting one boss in a quest.i didnt say i was going to buy 1000's howver i did say that im gonna use them when lobs are just a little weak in the healing process.

tifsdac6mc.gif