ULTIMATE Guide to B-Staving

meme79

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice !!! but some questions still needs to be answered:

1. How much faster is it than the alternative way(collecting from the fishing nets in Piscatoris) ?

2.Most Important, Lunar Superglass ,works or not? if not then i am gonna stick to seaweed.If yes,then...we have a winner here...

nice !!! but some questions still needs to be answered:

1. How much faster is it than the alternative way(collecting from the fishing nets in Piscatoris) ?

2.Most Important, Lunar Superglass ,works or not? if not then i am gonna stick to seaweed.If yes,then...we have a winner here...

1. at piscators, the seeweed took about 15 sec to resawpn,meanning much slower

2. srry, can't do superglass mage...only 71 mage =(

id be nice if you helped by trying

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

I'm not totally sure what you mean by that question.... i mean, naturally it works.

you can do 13 at a time (13 buckets, 13 soda ashes). It uses one set of runes per inventory, and produces (so far for me) about 1.2 time the number of molten glass as just doing it in a furnace.

to add to what meme was saying about the timing (at colony), at 15 second respawn time, you're looking at 4 batches in a minute. I believe there's only 2 spawns of seaweed in the nets, so thats about 8 seaweed in a minute... thats about 3.5 minutes for a full inventory... plus running to the bank.

The Rellekka option (using fairy rings to get to and from) takes even longer, about 3:45 (3 min, 45 seconds for those wondering) to get a full load.

In comparison, you spend almost 45 seconds at Khazard just engaged in dialogue... so you can get down to the darn kelp! So either way, Khazard's a much better option

JUST COMFERMED!

you cannot use superglass make with it!

thankeis to shavital for trying it!

also kelp is untradable

updateing giude now...

np,maybe if you put it in the RS official suggestions forum someone will listen to you and make those kelps superglass-able :D

JUST COMFERMED!

you cannot use superglass make with it!

ummm, I'm not totally sure you actually read my post. It does work I've been using it since I first read your guide.

You just need to cook the kelp into soda ash... then the spell works perfectly.... just like seaweed.

you get about 1.2 times (and a bit more) as much molten glass as you use buckets and ash. The buckets disappear as part of the spell.

ummm, I'm not totally sure you actually read my post. It does work .....You just need to cook the kelp into soda ash... then the spell works perfectly.... just like seaweed.

superglass can be used also on raw seaweed which means that you dont need to go through the long process of cooking it into soda ash,while with kelps you dont have that option.

hope its clear now

superglass can be used also on raw seaweed which means that you dont need to go through the long process of cooking it into soda ash,while with kelps you dont have that option.

hope its clear now

thanks for sharing that, I didn't realize that before.

However, kelp will still be faster, regardless of being able to collect seaweed and glass it right away. You're looking at almost 2 minutes more time to collect a full inventory of seaweed from Rellekka (using fairy rings) than collecting kelp (approx 2:00 for kelp, 3:45 for seaweed).

Tack on an additional 1:15 for cooking at say, rogue's den... and you're still left with a savings of almost half a minute! (not to mention the fact that cooking is automated, saving you from having to concentrate on the screen the whole time).

Either way, kelp is a clear winner

I couldn't stand your awful grammar, so I manually corrected it a little bit. Enjoy :roll:

So you wanna make some b-staves?

Well, I cant help you with that....Err I could but it's kinda obvious, except for this part...the SEAWEED part!!! It used to be easy, but with the new update, Jagex took out buyable seaweed/soda ash and sand buckets. For obtaining buckets, talking to Bert from "Hand in the Sand" Quest is a good method, but you can always get sand from the sandpit if you need more. Anyway..heres my tip to getting soda ash/seaweed...

Requirements:

You must have started RFD Mogre part (one where you need fish cakes) to the part where you start diving.

**One open space in bank account**

Also suggested you have started Temple of Ikov, just for boots of lightness, not necessary, but may help, also Penance gloves if wanted. (If you haven't bought yet, then don't! Get yourself that torso first!)

Equipment:

Diving Apparatus

Fish bowl helmet

*Boots of Lightness

*Penance gloves

*optional

Getting There!

The place is in Port Khazard...to get there:

Best to Worst:

Map (most tele spots)

picture5wn0.png

1-Lunar teleport to Port Khazard.

2-Watchtower tele/house (if at Yanille) and walk Northeast.

3-Fairy rings, then North, South or Northeast.

4-Castlewars and walk east.

5-Ouriana teleport

6-Spirit tree then Southeast

7-Ardounge teleport

The route!!!

Pretty simple, basically:

1. Talk to murphy

2. Go diving

3. Go slightly north

4. Pick the kelp, pick it in the middle of plant, its easier. Keep picking until you have a full inventory.picture1ca7.png

36770567og0.png

5. Go to anchor (shows an anchor on mini map, silver thing) and climb it.

6. Cook at fire just South of there (if desired, sometimes Rogues Den is better)

7. Go to the bank deposit box, and deposit the kelp.

8. REPEAT until you have your desired amount. (equal to however many soda ash you're getting)

9. When you have your desired amount, either cook at (best to worst):

-Rogues Den

-Just South of deposit box (fire) [only before you deposit]

-Make a fire and cook outside bank (Draynor is best, bring a log and a tinderbox for this method)

-Catherby

-Al-Kharid

Other Notes:

-You can't use lunar spells to teleport underwater so please don't suggest it.

-You can't bring cats to go diving, so don't try.

-Kelp is equal to seaweed, it can be burned into soda ash.

-The kelp plant never runs out of kelp, so it doesn't matter if you click on the same plant, or if another person is there'

-It takes me about 2:08 minutes per run, meaning you can get around 30 runs in one hour, which is around 840 kelp per hour . :thumbsup:

-

You get the best view if you use the arrow key on your keyboard so that you are as low as possible before you go diving.

-You cannot use superglass make on kelp. <.<

Support superglass make with kelp!

Quick find code (RSOF)

24-25-691-52897317

Thanks to:

Jagex - For making RuneScape.

Fishbowl helmets - for not cracking and drowning us.

Matok - for finding out that you cannot use superglass make with kelp.

Kelp - for being there.

Murphy- for letting us dive.

The Culinaromancer- for causing chaos so you can start the quest, so you can use the diving method.

There ya go!!! Thanks for reading! Now go and get your soda ash today! (incase they nerf it)

Please post any comments/suggestions if you want, please don't flame me. (Even though you can't! Because I'm all wet! :mrgreen: )

coza17.png