Runecrafting Bloods

bunsosteel3

You get the message that you can craft bloods at lvl 77 btw, though it might have been taken out.

Mort Myre is the best option to me, maybe in a new area with vampires and wolves guarding it? Maybe a new boos monster? Maybe even making it so that the only way in is through a portal in the wildy? Maybe call it a "blood pedestal"? (just made up the name). Also a hard quest qould be good :). Oh, and there is blood portal in abbys, just that you can't use it yet.

22031_s.gif

Umm, no matter how far away the alta is, you can just go there through abyss. I believe there is a portal there.

I totally support, would be great.

Lord of Lords and Shadow,

Lord Firer

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

Umm, no matter how far away the alta is, you can just go there through abyss. I believe there is a portal there.

Lord Firer

Easy fix=No abyss crafting for bloods..

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

I support but a few of your facts are off.

As someone quite rightly said the levels for Blood and Souls have already been set. Unless Jagex have taken them out, you get a "you can now craft blood runes" message once you hit the right level.

Also I am 99% sure the altar will be in Castle Draken. If you do the Darkness of the Hallowvale quest there are hints of blood crafting in the lab, and also the whole area thrives on blood. Vampires and blood tithes instantly spring to mind. Before deaths were released Jagex gave us a whopping great hint it would be in that area, the guy who gives 50 deaths for a cat. The Castle Draken storyline is building up to a master level quest. No doubt you will at somepoint have to slay Count Draken (you get a glimpse of his power during the quest) who is going to be a formidable foe. The reward will be blood crafting.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

Lord Firer

I have a feeling they won't, because there is already an blood portal (once again I am not sure)

Why remove it? Anyway, if it was so far away from a bank and stuff, why craft them?

You are awesome for putting "~Shadow" in your signature and not at the bottom of your posts

~Shadow

I believe the blood altar should be accesed through an another quest with the vampires and i think that the abyss should teleport you a little bit outside the altar and every time you enter the altar you should have to donate blood to it instead of a talisman but you would to need to have the rc lvl and completed the quest to enter

jonomb0.png

Barrows Drops: Guthans Helm, Dharok Legs, Ahrims Hood

Lord Firer

I have a feeling they won't, because there is already an blood portal (once again I am not sure)

Why remove it? Anyway, if it was so far away from a bank and stuff, why craft them?

simple better answer, put it in the wilderness and make the inside of the altar wilderness, maybe make it in level 35 so you have to leave the altar and run 5 wilderness levels before you can teleport

this would stop it being as easy as any other rune and add a little bit more risk to it

bring on rc pkers mk. 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Put it in the wilderness.

Let's say at level...35? 40? Of course, still allow the abyss shortcut, only you can't tele out of there, and make it so that if you came in from the abyss, you come out in a higher level of wilderness(say...50? or surrounding by stuff in a multi area?). Just a random idea really. The abyss option needs to be balanaced with it.

Junkieman608.png

Locations/surroundings:

- Daytime and night-time/Weather *

- Free to Play Updates *

- Graphical improvements. We always work on this area *

- New altars *

Sorry but this is on the do not suggest list......I think, I'm not reporting it cause im not sure.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

The most logical location for the blood altar would have be the Drakan Castle in Morytania. Also, it used to be that when you got 77 runecrafting there would be a message saying you can now craft bloods, it has been removed though.

drakan.png

To anyone saying that the blood altar would have to be in high level wilderness, I completely disagree. There would be pkers camped outside the altar day and night, making blood crafting very impractical. While we're at it, lets move all magic trees and shark fishing spots out there too. I agree that making high level items should have a degree of difficulty, just don't make it too impractical to do.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

Yes, but we're talking about the conventional method, not the Ourania altar. The problem is that the runes you make there are highly unpredictable, so you don't always make bloods, although you do get a higher percentage at higher levels.

The abyss problem is easily solved by making the return journey difficult (Hints: No teleports. No prayer. Lengthy rooms filled with high level monsters. We're talking make it really hard to all apart from combat level 110+.) Oh and it develops a dilemma. Do you wear heavy armour and make longer trips, or do you wear lighter clothing for less trips (and risk a grisly end.). It's furthered by the fact that you end up getting skulled, with your prayer drained.

It's a great idea, but we knew it was coming out anyway.

Ps. Castle Drakan is a great idea!

~ W ~

sigzi.png

I don't believe that bloods should be player made.

One of the few good points of Barrows is the tidy profit that can be made from selling blood runes.

Bloods being player crafted would kill the price and make it difficult to turn a profit at Barrows.

Harrington.gif