Federal Contracts to Blackwater USA

Nero

http://www.fedspending.org/fpds/fpds.php?reptype=r&detail=-1&sortby=f&datype=T&reptype=r&database=fpds&database=fpds&parent_id=38113&fiscal_year=2006&record_num=f500

Anyways take a lookie what I found. Kind of disgusting when you see how much money is being spent, and it probably isn't even the half of it.

Tax dollars hard at work paying for mercenaries. :|

Imagine if you used that money for healthcare for the poor

Imagine if we abolished the IRS and the Federal Reserve.

Then everyone would have the ability to receive affordable, high quality healthcare.*

The poor would be greatly diminished due to a truely** free economy.

* Competitive markets produce high quality products. No (or reduced) taxes reduce the cost of goods. Abolition of the Federal reserve would lower inflation, which in turn would further lower the cost of goods.

**As opposed to the contemporary non-competitive, monopolistic economy.

Thats the 'price' of freedom, liberating foreigners at the expense of your own oppressed peoples.. :roll:

Yup... :x

Skip to 00:25

Then everyone would have the ability to receive affordable, high quality healthcare.*

* Competitive markets produce high quality products. No (or reduced) taxes reduce the cost of goods. Abolition of the Federal reserve would lower inflation, which in turn would further lower the cost of goods.

Just from reading your post, I already thought to myself: "must be a Ron Paul fanatic"

and your sig just confirmed it, lol

onceiroseik5.png

Just from reading your post, I already thought to myself: "must be a Ron Paul fanatic"

and your sig just confirmed it, lol

I wouldn't necessarily use fanatic.

My choice word: Patriot.

I'd vote for anyone who is a true patriot. Ron Paul just so happens to be in the right place at the right time.

On the topic of military contractors...

If the enemy overruns a camp staffed by say, companies like KBR, would they be treated as POWs, will they be released as civilians, or can the enemy hire them instead...?

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

If the enemy overruns a camp staffed by say, companies like KBR, would they be treated as POWs, will they be released as civilians, or can the enemy hire them instead...?

That would turn into a bidding war. I'll pay you 1 million to kill them. But I'll pay you 2 million to kill them instead and so on

Im Froto

WE HAVE TO TAKE THE RING TO MOODOOR!

sephiroth.jpg

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Final Fantasy 7

I think the current enemy would just slaughter them all or cut their heads off in the name of racial purity.

I find it amusing that the same people calling for troop removal from Iraq are the same ones blasting these guys. I don't like Blackwater either (not restrained) but they are allowing for gradual troop withdrawal.

And to the guys calling for the establishment of the IRS over healthcare? Nobody would ever pay their taxes. EVER. We'd be having Shay's Rebellion all over again.

And I am pretty sure we spend less on the war than we do domestic programs. A lot less. Most of which is wasted on people who abuse the welfare system.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

That would turn into a bidding war. I'll pay you 1 million to kill them. But I'll pay you 2 million to kill them instead and so on

Um, no?

They're military contractors hired by their own government. Meaning they are citizens. Meaning working for the enemy would be treason. The enemy can't hire them. :roll: Furthermore, the enemy couldn't afford them.

These contractors are not red necks with big guns and no allegiance . They are trained military/navy seal personnel. Forget the controversy around them being douche's and shooting stuff up when they're not supposed to while costing us tons of money...They're American citizens. Not wild apes who can be bought off by the enemy.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

Um, no?

They're military contractors hired by their own government. Meaning they are citizens. Meaning working for the enemy would be treason. The enemy can't hire them. :roll: Furthermore, the enemy couldn't afford them.

These contractors are not red necks with big guns and no allegiance . They are trained military/navy seal personnel. Forget the controversy around them being douche's and shooting stuff up when they're not supposed to while costing us tons of money...They're American citizens. Not wild apes who can be bought off by the enemy.

By enemy, I dont mean in the context of "Terrorists"

I mean another sovereign country that is in conflict the the country that where these companies are based in.

There are over 100 private military companies out there, and they are also hired by other countries. (UK, South Africa, Israel)

And I was asking if they would be treated as POW, civilians, or if they can be hired by the enemy country if they can't be released.

I mean, if a company from South Africa working in Iraq for the Americans gets captured by say, Iran, can the Iranians hire the South Africans since Iran and South Africa are not at war?

(Thread Hijack, I know - But I share the same sentiments as Dusty)

You see companies like KBR doing stuff like weapons maintenance, logistics, catering, water distribution, surveilance, etc, when the army is fully prepared for it... and they overcharge for substandard services sometimes too...

How degrading is that?

----

Some documentaries on the net

Iraq for sale - 1 hour 15 minutes run time

PBS- Private warriors

Shadow Company - Clips

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

They are treated as lawful combatants. As such, they'd be taken as POW's, but our current "enemy" is more likely to just kill them out-right. And again. no...Enemy countries cannot hire them. It's treason.

"If I did break into a hotel room to steal my trophies, this is how it happened."

Um, no?

I was under the impression that Blackwater recruited from latin american countries as well, like chilean former commando's?

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Um, no?

I was under the impression that Blackwater recruited from latin american countries as well, like chilean former commando's?

I think it's quite easy to see what my point was, but lets nit-pick anyways. :roll:

I've never heard of them recruiting anyone but former Marines and SEALs anyways, so *shrug*.

I think it's quite easy to see what my point was, but lets nit-pick anyways. :roll:

I've never heard of them recruiting anyone but former Marines and SEALs anyways, so *shrug*.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,1162392,00.html

http://www.tcgnews.com/santiagotimes/in ... opic_id=15

http://www.guardian.co.uk/chile/story/0 ... 43,00.html

One could argue that these individuals fit the bill of mercenary under the Geneva convention, thus making them illegal combatants. In either case, they certainly aren't military contractors working for their own government.

-This message was deviously brought to you by: mischief1at.gif

Blackwater hires professional soldiers and ex. elite troops from all possible countries and hires them as mercenaries for massive salaries (up to $1,500 per one day ), like BlueTear mentioned, some don't even need to pass the basic testing and training if they have a proven track record (like central american ex. commandos, ex. yugoslavia elite forces from bosnia/serbia, philippine/south african former SAS commandos etc.)

The scary part is that blackwater mercenaries hired by the US government don't answer to the laws of any country including those of the US and Iraq.

They operate above the law, they've got away with killing civilians in the past, what's to prove they were accidents instead of bored mercs in search of action? The government protects them.. It needs specially trained staff.